I Receive You: Let's Play Yakuza (PS2)

Episode 29: Shibaura Wharf (uncut commentary feat. ChaosArgate)

ChaosArgate joins me once more as we clamber aboard the Exposition Boat! We’re very much in the home stretch now, and it’s only two story videos and two sidequest ones from here on out. Not too much longer to go before we can give this thread the mercy killing it deserves.

Episode 30: The Fourth Chairman

I don’t care if we need to face-stomp everybody in Japan to get to Jingu, which is good because that is pretty much what we’re doing in this episode. The man himself, obviously, continues to be a complete and utter chump and never stops talking as long as he’s conscious.

Episode 31 (Story Finale): Sunflowers

It all comes down to this – the final battle between blood brothers, best friends, the Dragon and the Koi.

I’m not going to talk a whole lot in this one aside from a few lines of subtitled commentary at the start of the fight and some stuff during the end credits.

After this, there’s still a couple of sidequest roundup videos to go (speaking of sidequests, the Premium Box we unlock at the end is not like the Premium Adventure in the later games – while it allows you to free roam and do side stuff, your progress from the main game does NOT carry over) and I’ll get around to those at some point, but the main part of the LP is now finished and I thank everyone who has stuck with it all the way through. I’m somewhat disappointed the LP wasn’t more popular but I still very much appreciate those of you who did follow it, and I hope you had an enjoyable time with the original Yakuza!

Coliseum Roundup + Jo Amon

We fight the model swaps of Nishiki and Lau Ka Long and try our hand against Komaki at the Coliseum, and finish up with the super boss fight against the master assassin Jo Amon. Amon doesn’t yet have all the annoying gimmicks he does in later games, but he does have seven health bars and uses armor-piercing bullets while also enjoying grenade spam. The most efficient way of beating Amon is cheesing him with the electric sword, although I screw up my heat action timing a few times.

I hope you like sped-up combat footage set to video game remixes, because you’re getting lots of it in this video. No commentary either, which some of you may consider a positive.

Episode 32: Chapter 11 Substories, Part 2

The Amon episode was supposed to be the end of the LP when I uploaded it a few months ago, but I figured I might as well show off the rest of the substories (except for the hostess stuff, which I didn’t bother with in the first place) so I can finally get rid of all this footage I’ve got lying around. ChaosArgate joins me one last time in an attempt to make these Yakuza 1 sidequests watchable, because lord knows I couldn’t be trusted to do that by myself.

Anyway, this is finally the actual end of the LP. Thank you again for watching, especially if you stuck around to the end or even the end of the story content (which, sadly, not a lot of folks seem to have done, but I still appreciate each and every viewer I get)