I played The Last Guardian six years ago! Let's Play Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

As always, I make an effort to pack all of the extras in right before the finale, so anyone who’s anxious to see how the story ends will have several weeks of waiting. But it also means you can skip the extra parts if you don’t want to see them. The next few videos will be exploring the game’s DLC, which contains several unique costume items, some of which have abilities that I don’t think you can get from other items of the same type. This video has the first level of each of the three challenges - Stealth, Battle, and Puzzle. The later levels of each challenge will get their own videos, so you can skip any that you don’t find interesting. I’ve tried to edit to just the essential elements, so hopefully, none of them will be too inherently boring.

DLC Bonus 1: Easy Missions Polsy Youtube

The DLC journey continues with a more in-depth playthrough of the remaining three levels of Stealth Challenge. There are definitely puzzle elements, in terms of figuring out the order in which to do everything, as well as the skill to pull it off in the time limit. I’ve got, at best, a bare minimum of each, so it should be an interesting experience.

DLC Bonus 2: Stealth Challenge Polsy Youtube

Concluding our tour of the DLC for the moment, I take on the Puzzle Challenge, and fail to understand how the difficulty is intended to correspond to the increasing numbers. The times are pretty generous, as long as you can complete the puzzles with the resources you have. This is, as I’ve stated previously, a real weakness for me. But don’t worry; I’ll return to finish the challenges eventually, having learned from watching my embarrassing mistakes again and again while editing the videos. You can probably figure out where I went wrong yourself.

DLC Bonus 3: Puzzle Challenge Polsy Youtube

Behind the scenes, I’ve finished the game, so I thought I had all the footage I needed. Then I realized that I’d need to play through the entire game again to capture one more thing, so I’ve been doing that this weekend. Yesterday, I started from scratch and made it through beating Tlaloc. This is a really short game, all things considered, but there’s a lot you can spend time doing if you feel like it. Case in point, most of this video is backtracking to the places I’ve already been to pick up the treasures I missed and the Memory Shards I couldn’t get when I passed through the rooms because it was daytime, or I just didn’t find them. However, there’s one room I skipped because I didn’t have what I needed to complete it the first time I passed, and another that I didn’t even know existed until I stumbled into it. So there’s plenty of fun this time around. I can’t really make that promise for the next video, but at least it should go by pretty quickly.

Part 21: The Laboratory and the Bridge Polsy Youtube

Today, much to my future regret, I finish collecting everything I missed or couldn’t get while traversing the portions of the kingdom outside the castle. This obviously involves a lot of waiting, but thanks to video editing, only I needed to suffer that. There’s only one thing left to do before we storm the castle.

Part 22: The Final Memory Shard Polsy Youtube

This is a short update, but I’ve got a few nagging things to wrap up before jumping into new, more difficult territory. My performance in the DLC so far has been pretty bad, but with the benefit of hindsight, I figured out where I went wrong and how to fix it. Most LPs just leave that sort of thing in the comments and post some sort of half-hearted apology, or describe what they did somewhere and leave the rest to your imagination, but I don’t like to do things by halves, so here’s the right way to do the parts of the DLC where I didn’t before.

DLC Bonus 4: A Notable Improvement Polsy Youtube

It’s time to enter the final area of the game. We’ve got all of our powers, we’ve gained a lot of strength from fighting tough enemies, and we’ve got a cool wrench that tears the souls out of everything. So let’s storm the castle, defeat the King of Darkness, and rescue Toci! (Note: Some of these activities may not be depicted in this video.) The challenges ahead are the most difficult, including new enemies, old enemies, tricky puzzles, and the fountains that all of these enemies have been coming from all along.

Part 23: Return to the Castle Polsy Youtube

Before we finish the game, there’s one more round of DLC that I couldn’t complete earlier because we had one new type of enemy to meet. Having accomplished that, it’s time to try my hand at the Combat Challenge. Contrary to the other challenges, this one becomes significantly easier as you progress through the game and gradually become stronger compared to the enemies. Since the last level isn’t even available until the very end, however, the difficulty is pretty high to start with. I even considered going back and grinding before attempting to finish the challenge. How much of that did I really need to do? I’ll let the picture speak for itself.

DLC Bonus 5: Too Many Monkeys Polsy Youtube

It’s time to bring our adventure to an end. We’ve come a long way in search of Princess Toci, and now we’ve found her. Of course, there’s going to be a final boss, but we’ve fought plenty of bosses already, and they pose little challenge anymore. Granted, the Majin’s been acting funny since we got to the castle, but I’m sure that won’t cause any problems.

Part 24: Princess Toci Polsy Youtube

For the finale, I grind to the maximum level for both Tepeu and the partnership, just to see what that looks like. And to get one of the few trophies I was still missing. But the real climax of this video is the culmination of a second playthrough where I skipped some of the upgrades, just to see what happens if the Majin isn’t quite strong enough to save the day. The fight with the Majin was considerably more difficult when I had less stamina, and I almost died, but I got through. I almost like this ending more. Pay attention to the pictures that appear during the credits, as well - some of them just show up at different times, but quite a few are completely different.

Finale: The Majin is Not Strong Enough Polsy Youtube

@moderators, this one’s done. Please move it to Complete.