How to get your name out there?

I would argue against doing that, or rather don’t do that with that mentality, because it kinda encourages some bad posting culture. Like, you should be posting LP threads, because you want to facilitate discussion as well as show something you have strong feelings for. You shouldn’t be posting just to keep bumping the ‘new’ list so your name will show up.

And to be fair and honest with you @MasterTimeThief (Not to be mean or anything), you did post like 35 videos of a turn-based rpg so I don’t know what exactly you expected as far as interaction goes. Especially since your thread is only four days old. You can’t expect somebody to watch all of those videos and post in that amount of time.

I mean, there hasn’t been much discussion on my Spooky lp, but I think that game doesn’t really facilitate discussion, as it’s really right forward and kind of tropey. It’s really hard to tell with this kind of stuff.

The bumping is a happy side effect / result of posting new content as it comes out, not the primary focus. Being near the top of the thread is also a way to ensure people see it to participate in the discussion you hope to foster. It’s just as erroneous to make one post and then just hope people will look at it as it goes further and further down the list.

I admit, that probably isn’t the best way to start. It’s the project I’ve been working on for a while now, but yeah, a few days isn’t a lot of time to start discussion. I haven’t been part of a forum like SA before, so I’m still learning how to be a part of a community like this.

That’s another worry I’ve had. I don’t want my thread to get buried before it’s had a chance to be seen, and perhaps enjoyed. But I also understand that “bumping” is frowned upon if done solely to get attention. I’ll probably keep my thread updated, and hope that some people find it and tell me what they think of it, and maybe help me get the hang of this.

One thing to remember is that everyone is new to this forum. Things are sort of in a busy state right now with people getting used to this new place to post, etc. Networking is a good way to get people to look into your stuff. I think you are on the right track and will find people will find you in time. :grinning:

1 Like