Hang on I Have to Eat: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

We begin our adventure with Mercedes proper. And we fight a very familiar foe once again. It’s starting to get ridiculous actually.

Fairyland Chapter One

Also. I downloaded a trial fro Vegas Pro Edit. If you could tell me how the video and audio quality of this episode is in comparison to previous ones that’d really help me make a decision on what to upgrade my editing software to.

I’ve had a comment that the video looks a bit better so far. Which is a plus. I think the encoding when better than previously.

And now Mercedes starts her attack on her own people. It was going to happen, but at least Gwendolyn and Cornelius waited a few chapters.

Fairyland Chapter Two

Do you want to see me mess up another recipe? Of course you do! This time it’s only half messed up!

Pot Roast Minus the Vegetables - Originally Found Online (Michael Messes Up)

Regular update will be out tomorrow.

2 Likes

Alright. Time to get down to business. We gotta fight a dragon who might be a little blind when it comes to psyphers. One things is for sure, Mercedes is nothing if not determined.

Fairlyland Chapter Three

1 Like

Can we take a moment to appreciate how good the frog’s kissy lips are? I can’t let them go unnoticed.

1 Like

The art work in this game is fantastic. Those lips are perfectly kissable. Speaking of which:

Fairyland Chapter Four

So remember back at the beginning of the game, they would say, “Only King Odin can travel to the Netherworld.”

That was a straight up lie, or perhaps even propaganda made by the horrible father King.

Fairyland Chapter Five

Something something people with psyphers? And other various excuses.

Maybe the problem just was that no one thought to try. And Odin said how impossible it was or something. Anyway.

Welcome to another episode of, "it’s been three months since we recorded and I already completely forgot what we had done last time and make a total fool of myself in the video."
Honestly though, after you stop Melvin’s take over, Mercedes story starts becoming rather forgettable. It may have been better to make the coup arc of it last one chapter longer.

Fairyland Chapter Six

And now, our time with Mercedes comes to a close. She was actually pretty fun aside from a level or two. And now we’re starting to move into the latter half of the game.

Fairyland Epilogue

Update Time

So now we move onto the next book, and the next character. In a similar way to Mercedes, our new ‘hero’ is letting us take a look at a different side to part of the story we’ve already seen. But don’t think this means we won’t be seeing new things. A lot happened that you didn’t know about.

The Black Sword Prelude

I have to say. The amount of power Oswald makes you feel like you have is pretty amazing. Also, it’s nice to know a bunch of the Valkyrie were slaughtered for reasons other than Odin sending them to their death. It’s really just a bad time for all of them.

The Black Sword Chapter One

Let’s be honest, who else is getting tired of the airship mini boss? It’d be nice if there was some personality put behind it. Like you see all the dwarves scrambling to get to it or something. But it’s just there and is kind of annoying.

1 Like

Oswald was the part in vanilla Odin Sphere (vanillaware pun semi-intended) where a lot of the dealing with some of the…not great combos of the other characters paid off in spades. Oswald ruled in the original release. His speed and combos made you actually feel like the potential for the combat system was unleashed, and you could just see the matrix and go ham. I’m really interested in seeing how he plays in Leifthrasir by comparison!

Earlier in the thread, I said that everything has been improved, but in retrospect, I was wrong, because I forgot to account for the airship miniboss. I hate fighting it every single time.

1 Like

We can’t really hold it against you @RadicalEddie. It’s less a gameplay element and more of a test of patience on Alice’s part. I’m surprised that she doesn’t just toss the book out of the attic window when it comes up at this point.

Oswald stepped out onto the narrow walkway. The cold night air sending chills through him much like the night he had sleighed Hindel. He had come far in his mission, but this was no time to drop his guard. Enemies could be around any door, any corner, any roof. Not even the dark power bestowed upon him by the Beldeweiver could easily take on the entire Aesir army.
After the brief moment of refuge, he took a step forward, eager to continue on and carry out his orders. A growing gnarling sound quickly brought him to a halt. A rising sound of metal clashing against metal and the high pitched voices of Dwarves filled the air as a giant flying airship came into view.
Oswald let out a sigh, just another group of lives being tossed away.

For me, this is what it’s like playing Cornelious. I know I’ve said he’s my favourite to play, but it truly is. He just clicks for me, even more so than Oswald. The best part of the game is the wide variety of characters. Everyone is playable, and it’s easy to switch between them. But you can really go all out with that one you like the most.

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mention one other little thing! When I say “little,” I mean really little, but in this latest chapter, Brom refers to “revenants” on Winterhorn Ridge. He’s actually talking about a type of enemy you’ve fought as other characters. They’re those ghostly minibosses with the big teeth, but for some reason, this version of the game calls them “bugbears” instead.

So, if Leifthrasir is the only version of Odin Sphere you’ve experienced, now you know exactly what happened to the others who used Belderiver!

1 Like

Yes. I was going to point this out the next time we came across the enemies. But it’s a really good piece of world building. It solidifies the idea of this being a living, breathing world. Instead of just a video game.

1 Like

Were you wanting an update on Oswald’s story this week? Well too bad! Let’s learn about fairies and stuff!

Mercedes Eating

We also touch a bit on Odin’s weapon, as fairies are rather well known in comparison to say… Pooka.

Alright, it’s update time. Now we get to see another side of the Cauldron War. This time from Oswald’s perspective. Just about every character has been present for this battle, which is pretty cool.

The Black Sword Ch 2

So far, not a lot has really happened to Oswald. We’ve learned some neat things about his powers and his sword. But otherwise it’s things we already knew. The most interesting thing so far has been his prologue.

1 Like