Got That New World Feeling but with an Old World Taste - Monster Hunter: World

There… on the horizon, do you see it? It’s :meat: UPDATE DAY :meat:

Today we’re gonna take down that Tobi-Kadachi, and we’re going to do it using only the finest hanzo steel.

1 Like

Wow, you just kinda clowned on poor Tobi. It did its best, but its best wasn’t nearly enough.

1 Like

I like that, at one point, a Giant Jagras got trapped in a vine trap… somewhere. It’s always nice to see that the rest of the map is still going about its business, regardless of whether or not you’re even there to see it.

1 Like

I have a tragedy to report:

The Kulu-Ya-Ku hat is a High Rank thing

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

2 Likes

I know, I know. Hopefully it’ll be around during the upcoming Spring Festival event, because I may be able to get there in time.

But hey, you want some good news? The good news is that it’s :meat: UPDATE DAY :meat:

We have to finish securing Astera before going after Zorah Magdaros. To do that, we’ll finally have to go toe-to-toe with an Anjanath.

2 Likes

the anjanath will be no match for your katana wrath

narrator: it was a match

2 Likes

Ah, Anjanath, the big red angry asshole of the wyvern world. Glad that’s out of the picture, now.

If you ever feel bad about not being great at the Long Sword, just know that I went through the entire game without realizing that the Foresight Slash was a thing.

2 Likes

Uh oh we better be on our best behavior because it’s :meat: UPDATE DAY :meat:

The time has finally come to capture Zorah Magdaros and learn the truth behind the elder crossing, but can it really be done?

2 Likes

I gotta say, of all the things I was expecting, a tussle with another, meaner monster on top of Zorah Magdaros’s back was not one of them.

2 Likes

I figured something like this would happen. Far too soon to be finishing off what seems to be an endgame boss of some sort! Too soon!

Just a head’s-up, there will be no update this weekend. Admittedly, I’m a little behind on recording and only just recently had the opportunity to cut together Episode 10, so I’m a bit behind. I’ll try and have some extra content available to go along with the update when it hits.

Regular updates will resume Saturday, April 21st. Sorry for the lapse.

Okay, starting today, things should be back to normal. Sorry about the delay, so have yourselves a nice :meat: UPDATE DAY :meat:

So the whole Zorah Magdaros thing didn’t quite fall into place, and, as it turns out, neither is our whole look into the Great Ravine.

And also, I figured it’s time I talk about the Hammer a bit more. I’m not going to give you a whole step-by-step lesson on how to play it, because a playstyle is something you make on your own. I have to stress, this isn’t a tutorial, it’s a Weapon Showcase for Hammer!

1 Like

Poor Paolumu, too cute for this world. Well, I feel less sorry for the jerk when it’s pushing me around while I’m trying to find That Big Flying Thing We Saw, but still. They made ‘Lumu extremely fluffy lookin’.

The Hammer is my go-to weapon for when I just want to have good fun, or specifically want to break a monster’s head. This showcase is a good example of why and the style matches what I’ve fallen into; it really is pretty simple. About the only thing that didn’t get shown off terribly much is that you can charge the hammer and then shove the charge into the head with O (heavy), and it has some small buffs it applies. I often forget to do that anyway.

Anyway next time I see :meat: :egg: :meat: IT’S EGG PARTY TIME :meat: :egg: :meat:

It seems that everyone has “their monster” in this game. You know, the one they never want to kill. For some it’s the Kulu, but for me, it’ll always be Paolumu.

And though I don’t appreciate the absolute beating you had to give it to get it to the point where you could capture it, I like that it isn’t… dead.

Well, aside from a few side quests, we won’t have to lay the hurt on Paolumu again, so rest easy.

It’s pretty far past breakfast, but despite that it’s :egg: UPDATE DAY :egg:

We have ourselves a small laundry list of new jobs to do before we go on with our investigation into Zorah Magdaros. So, enlisting the help of two other hunters, Torres gets cracking on the work at hand.

Also, for those of you who prefer to watch on Twitch: It may be some time before I get the LP caught up on having things uploaded there and properly linked to here. I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you’ll bear with me as I get it all sorted out.

2 Likes

The Monster Hunter experience in a nutshell.

2 Likes

I think you mean in an eggshell

1 Like