Got That New World Feeling but with an Old World Taste - Monster Hunter: World

That poor, poor bird. It shall live in in our hearts.

1 Like

I kinda dropped the ball on getting them uploaded to Twitch in a timely manner, but the most recent update is now on Twitch for those disinclined towards Youtube.

Sorry about the delay! :meat:

Going on record saying I hate killing this precious bird friend. Seriously, this smart bird is out there surrounded by terrifying creatures, those weird big lizards we saw at the beginning for one, and they probably all have interesting gimmicks and nasty looking claws and teeth.

Bird friend? Bird friend has a rock. And that will have to do.

Good thing we won’t have to kill 'em ever again. … Right?

It is catch-and-release from here on out for Kulu-Ya-Ku

That Kulu-Ya-Ku wasn’t just digging up some old pottery. You just set back Kulu-Ya-Ku development for decades by killing what I presume is their first, and only, archeologist.

4 Likes

What’s that smell? It’s :meat: UPDATE DAY :meat:

So that Pukei-Pukei we saw earlier is in the way of our investigation of Zorah Magdaros. We’ve gotta do something about that.

I also took a bit of time to talk about my observations on how Greatsword plays in our first Weapon Showcase! I must stress that these are just observations on the playstyle of the weapon, and not a full tutorial. When it comes to Monster Hunter, I’m an advocate for just picking up a weapon and putzing about with it until you have a good grip on it, so if you’re curious about Greatsword, pick it up and give it a try!

3 Likes

What’s cooking? Perhaps it is :meat: UPDATE DAY :meat:

It’s time to deal with “The Best Kind of Quest” (editor’s note: It’s not the best kind of quest)

2 Likes

“That” quest, surprisingly went well since she was more than happy carting me while the cart escaped. It wasn’t funny catching up with them, though. What? I get lost easily :frowning_face:

1 Like

Well, that’s interesting. Shows some of the unpredictability in this game. When I had this quest, a Diablos never showed up; not even sure one was on the map! Keeps things fresh.

I was stubborn and stuck to Switch-Axe throughout low rank. You really, really want a hammer for handling some problems, as this shows nicely. Heck, I probably should’ve kept changing weapons, since you can just do it whenever now, but it seemed so expensive to keep up with once early upgrades came in.

1 Like

why can’t you kick the scholar to make the cart go faster

1 Like

I’m pretty certain that quest always has those three monsters, but don’t quote me on that. Diablos only really pokes out of their nest if the wingdrakes above the sandtrap make a bunch of noise.

why can’t you kick the scholar to make the cart go faster

Seems all roads lead to the Wildspire Waste.
What a large Wildspire
…'Tis even larger up close!
Kestodon hunt in packs!

2 Likes

I really do love how the hammer weapons feel with regards to their movesets. Every hit feels meaty and satisfying, especially things like the Big Bang Combo and mounting finishers. When World drops on PC I’m gonna run hammer and never look back.

I know I’m doing my job correctly when I encourage people to pick up the hammer.

I mean, who wouldn’t pick a hammer? the other weapons are cool and all but sometimes all you want is to smash some skulls

1 Like

I’m sorry, but a hammer that doesn’t play the majestic sound of the bagpipes as I smack a monster on the back of the head while riding it just doesn’t make any sense!

2 Likes

As a Scotsman, this only encourages me to pick up a hammer more.

1 Like

Well then, let me tell you about the mysterious weapon called the hunting horn. It’ll doot doot all your problems away!

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry. We are going to see plenty of Hunting Horn usage.

I’m a little late on it, but Episode 4 is now up on Twitch for the Youtube-disinclined.

I’m nearing a point in the LP where, although I’m confident in my ability to proceed solo, I want a little extra help. Y’know, for fun.

So, for those of you who already own the game :siren:on PS4:siren:, consider hopping in on the first SOS Request!

I must stress at this time that there is no guarantee that you will be able to get in on a SOS request. For the best chance at participating, start searching for flares about 5 minutes in advance of the designated time.

To search for my flare, at 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Saturday, March 10th, input the following criteria into an SOS search at any quest board or with The Handler:

Assignments
Low Rank
No Preference (After 10 minutes, newcomers are ineligible for rewards.)
Any Language

The Target is Anjanath. I’ll be starting recording around 5-10 minutes in advance of the designated time, and intend to have started the quest within a minute or so of 5:00 PM.

If you are able to participate, great! Send me a message with how you want to be credited in the video. For example, if I were somehow able to assist myself with the hunt, I would possibly want to be credited like so:

Bohampscious AS DocHospital

This is primarily a note for people who want to be credited as something other than their forums handle. You might want to use a twitter handle, youtube channel name, or something similar. You will always be credited as “[Desired Moniker] AS [Hunter Name]”, and please, no profanity.

If anything regarding this schedule changes, I will post about it on Friday night. Happy Hunting!

2 Likes