Gore, War, and a bit of Lore - Let's Play For Honor

Hope you start to feel better.

2 Likes

3.5 Honor

The Emperorā€™s Champion and Momiji have gone ahead of the Samurai army. On the way to fight the Blackstone Legion and find a path forward the two stumble across another group. Deserters from the Blackstone. Led by the Warden, they seek to fight not to wage war but for the sake of peace, unlike Apollyon. While they say their noble the Orochi doesnā€™t quite believe them, and a fight ensues. Who is the best warrior of them all, and who will be the one to finally take down Apollyon?

Mic

No Mic

3 Likes

3.6 Apollyon(Finale)

Itā€™s time for the end. The Dawn Empire and Iron Legion are working together to assault the Blackstone Fortress so they can bring an end to the tyranny of Apollyon. With the Warden and Holden Cross leading the Iron Legionā€™s battle it is up to the Emperorā€™s Champion to fight their way through the mega structure to find and defeat Apollyon. Will we finally see an end to war and a new age of peace? Or is For Honor a world still trapped in an endless bloody cycle? What will the Wolves and Sheep do, will they live together in harmony or return to the old ways? This is it, the end of For Honor!

Mic

No Mic

3 Likes

Iā€™m sad that its over since I feel like there could be even more story afterwards but it concludes well and tells a nice tale even though it is one that may have been told before. I like a lot about this game from the characters themselves to the art direction, to the story even. I think the biggest selling point to this game though was your passion for it and how you put such thought and energy into letting us live this world and investing us in it. Also puppies. You have sold me on puppies. I canā€™t wait to see what you do next.

Thanks for the amazing LP.

1 Like

Aw thank you so much! It was a lot of fun and Iā€™m glad so many people watched and enjoyed. <3 I might take a shot at LPā€™ing Nioh next.

3 Likes

I really feel like the story just suddenly comes to a close. I definitely expected a bit more from it. But the game is still really good. I understand the draw is to multiplayer. Thanks for LPing this.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you Lpā€™d this.

Iā€™m rather curious Tolvo, did you ever look up the beginning of Forest conservation in various countries like Japan and Spain for example? Kings in Spain for example began heavy regulation of logging because of the amount of lumber required for building ships. I remember that towards the end of the Sengoku era, that supposedly the various Diaymos and Shoguns were running into issues for building castles/forts because of the over logging to make the previous ones. At least i think it was the Sengoku period that had that.

Also does anyone know why they donā€™t show actual sheaths for weapons?

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that about Japan but I did about Europe. Itā€™s something the Witcher series makes references to a lot is the pollution of Medieval and Renaissance Europe.

I think the lack of sheathed weapons was merely to make animations easier.

1 Like

Finally catching up to this, just missing the last episode. Really enjoyed the LP so far. Iā€™d seen some gameplay and knew there was a story but Iā€™d never seen it; itā€™s way more involved than most Fighting Game stories!

Anyways, thanks for showing it off. Iā€™m looking forward to whatever it is you LP next!

And yeah, the sheath/scabbard thing is very much a thing to simplify/standardize animations. Turns out having a bunch of weapon variation and getting everything to sheath properly is kinda hard. A lesson Ubisoft brought from the Assassinā€™s Creed series. Which Iā€™m still not convinced this is secretly a part of. :eyes:

2 Likes

OMG I just realized, I never said it was complete! Hello @moderators sorry about taking so long. This LP is completed.