Gore, War, and a bit of Lore - Let's Play For Honor

2.3 Wood, Iron, and Steel

The Vikings now all follow one banner, that of the Warborn, and one leader, the Raider. Stigandr after being freed from the clutches of Siv the Ruthless is now the last Jarl of his people. He intends to make a difference by freeing the Viking shipyards from the rule of the Blackstone Legion. It is a wild gambit as he goes in alone to try and find a way for the others to get in. As a Warlord though Stigandr is used to tough battles. He must face off against the leader of the Blackstone Legion here, a man named Julius Salavander. If the shipyards of Valkenheim are freed what could the future be for the Vikings? Stgandr has his eyes set on greater ambitions. The lands of the Samurai.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

Julius Salavander

8YMYors

4 Likes

2.4 Up The Beach

The Vikings unleash their fury upon the coastal fortress of Kaiyo Kabe. This fortress has stood the test of times and held well against foreign invaders. Its forces are led by the Kensei known as Fujikiyo. Fujikiyo is an old warrior and a commander of the Samurai. The Vikings are led by the Raider and must force their way up the beaches of the Samurai and find their way into the fortress where they can defeat all who stand in their way. It is a blood battle, but it becomes known to the Vikings as the first stage of The Great Raid. It will be sung about in stories for centuries to come. The Raider must fight Fujikiyo himself in a duel to see who is truly the greater warrior and to see which side has more power in their hearts. The Vikings or the Samurai.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

Fujikiyo

D6nyE4S

1 Like

2.5 Reconnaissance

[Torture]
In the Myre at Kowareta To Runa the Valkyrie has been sent on a recon mission. The Myre is an inhospitable and confusing place and her task is to find a path through or maps of where to march or sail. Before long Runa is ambushed by Samurai and must fight for her life. Mysteriously there are hints of a Blackstone presence in the Myre, what could they be doing here? At a temple Runa ends up in a mad battle and must try to escape with her life after disobeying orders and going off alone to find much needed maps.

Mic

No Mic

1 Like

I’m enjoying the historical and technical tidbits, I say keep them coming.

3 Likes

Definitely will do then!

2.6 The Great Raid

Koto, the Emperor’s city. A shining beacon of the Myre and of the Samurai. This city is shrouded in mist and mystery to outsiders. The ancient passages and bridges leading to the city are weathered from time. Despite its outward appearances inside are said to be riches beyond imagining, and it is for this reason as well as glory that the Vikings have come. Seeking to carry out the Great Raid they are here to fight the best that the Samurai have to offer. The Raider leads the charge across the bridge backed up by Helvar, Runa, and Stigandr. Their wits may not match their ferocity but on this day only one is needed for the battle ahead. They scream of Valhalla and of the battle around them, but they were not entirely prepared for the 2nd greatest warrior the Samurai have to offer, General Tozen. He is a deft, cruel, agile, and worthy opponent. The Raider must face him by theirself for even the Vikings fear his prowess. Apollyon also has some sort of plan in the works. She speaks of war more, of bringing out the true nature of the monsters that are humans. What is she setting up, and can anyone even stop her?

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

General Tozen

HDIOqJ1

3.1 Duty

Koto is besieged by the Vikings. In a humble town on the outskirts of the city is imprisoned the Emperor’s Champion, also known as the Orochi. They are held prisoner for reasons that aren’t explained, allegedly they betrayed their people. In the midst of the chaos the Daimyo Ayu and her friends Okuma and Momiji break out the Champion. Ayu wishes to leave in the confusion but the Champion cannot stand idly by as their people suffer. Together the four fight their way through the town defeating many Vikings and protecting what they can. Ayu is separated from the rest, not long after Apollyon arrives leading the Blackstone Legion. Her full plans are brought to fruition, but will they go as she hopes? Only time will tell.
[Animal Cruelty]

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

The Emperor’s Champion, The Orochi

Emperor's Champion

Daimyo Ayu

Ayo

Okuma

Okuma

Momiji

Momiji

3.2 Thinning The Herd

In the Myre at Kowareta To the daimyo are released so that they may fight over who has the right to rule. Ayu is the last to be released by Apollyon and the Blackstone Legion. She has a goal in mind, to save her people. To do so she could not let them wage civil war for years. Instead she planned to execute the others and lead as the sole person to become Empress. Ayu is alone and lost but this does not stop her from getting to work on dealing with the three others. With the hopes of uniting her people Ayu vows vengeance upon Apollyon.

Mic

No Mic

2 Likes

Raider

Raider is the Vanguard class for the Vikings. This character has slow but hard hitting heavy attacks and largely functions as a disabler. They are believed to have a spark of the gods themselves. In battle rarely do they find a foe they cannot tackle. Specifically, should tackle. Grappling attacks of the Raider can daze an opponent and dictate where they will be. One of the stronger classes, they have good health and hit very hard. Possibly the most difficult Vanguard character to pick up as a beginner, the Raider can be found at the top levels of play being used for devastating chain attacks and highly deadly control over the enemy’s movements.

1 Like

3.3 Picking Up The Pieces

The Emperor’s Champion makes their way through the Myre searching for Ayu. After finding and rescuing her from the jaws of defeat the group led by the Champion seeks out to chase after the Vikings who are escaping with their plunder. We run across our old friend the Raider again and have what can’t even be called an exchange. It all feels pointless, but the Orochi is reminded of their goal. Then everyone gathers their forces as they prepare to march on the palace and take it so Ayu can rule as empress.

Mic

No Mic

1 Like

3,4 Unity

[Animal Cruelty]
The time has come for the Samurai to be united. Ayu leads the assault on the Emperor’s Palace while The Orochi and Momiji sneak in and fight their way through to open the gates. There is an elephant in the room to be dealt with. No not that one, Seijuro. Seijuro is one of the greatest warriors of the Samurai and is in position to rule. He is defiant and refuses to bow to anyone else, especially not Ayu.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

Seijuro

Seijuro Profile

3 Likes

Probably best not to feel too bad for the elephant, as while being smart they can be extremely vicious and territorial.

Out of curiosity is it ever revealed why the Orochi was imprisoned, or why Ayu seems as shady as the rest of the daiymos she was originally released with?

Still an animal is an animal. At least it does survive.

If I remember right the most we get about the Orochi is that they always spoke their mind which landed them in hot water. So I’d assume they spoke out against the Emperor on something very important since others refer to them as a traitor. Ayu is even more of a mystery but she does seem pretty sneaky considering how she instantly came up with the plan to kill the other Daimyo.

Kensei

The Kensei si the Vanguard class for the Samurai. A Kensei is swift, has great reach, and a lot of different combos. While lacking in counter moves and guardbreak or grapple attacks the Kensei is a more offense focused class. It doesn’t hit too hard and can struggle in tight environments but is otherwise a very competitive class. Possibly the fastest of the Vanguard classes, the Kensei is easy to pick up and use and is useful in every game mode.

As much as I like the story mode stuff, playing against actual people make the fights a lot more interesting. And I’m not just saying that because there are more opportunities to shove people off a cliff.

2 Likes

You’ll probably like when I get to the Centurion. That class has punches and kicks that knock people back and easily sends them off cliffs. We are also pretty close to the ending of the story mode which after that will mainly be videos for each class.

1 Like

I apologize for the lack of updates lately. My throat has just been killing me and I’m finally getting over my being sick.

2 Likes

thats okay. Take your time to get better.

1 Like

Considering you’ve been amazing at keeping this up to date, I think taking a break for your voice is a-okay.

2 Likes

Hope you start to feel better.

2 Likes