Gore, War, and a bit of Lore - Let's Play For Honor

The style of game isn’t my type of game but the writing for the characters so far has been really good. The commander expecting an army only to receive one lonely soldier is pretty hilarious but the way he rolled his head and mumbled was beautiful comedic timing. It’s also so interesting how they use body language to show emotion and give each person a different personality instead of facial expressions. It seems somebody put a lot of love and thought into the characters for this game.

2 Likes

Yeah I really enjoy the writing too, when I first got the game I was surprised by it and how much I enjoyed the comedy. One of my favorite jokes being when Stone and the other Conqueror face off with the same weapon dressed alike and he goes “One of us should go home and change.” For Honor I find is a fun blend of comedy and seriousness that contrast pretty well. And as you brought up they did put a lot of work into the animations especially since you rarely see much of character’s faces. I’m reminded a bit of other times we see limits in other things like how silent films had to use a lot of body language to convey what they intended since they lacked sound.

2 Likes

1.5 Sabotage

The path in Valkenheim is blocked and there is only one person ready for the job of clearing the way. Mercy. Mercy is a Peacekeeper and heads off to fulfill her task of slaying watches, guards, and sentries to ensure the Blackstone Legion can move appropriately and safely through Valkenheim. This is a sneaking mission, a bloody one. Mercy must make her way through a Viking fort, stalk through the shadows, execute, and kill, any Viking that stands in her way. Seeing their defenses she has just the idea of how to deal with them in a catastrophic way.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

Mercy

NmzKAnw

I’ve also added a characters section with additional information about who they are which will be updated as the story progresses.

1 Like

This is a fun looking game. It’s too bad the online community has dwindled, but I’ll probably grab it for myself anyway. Thanks for showing it off, Tolvo.

1 Like

1.6 Wolves Among Sheep

[Animal Cruelty]
This is it, the final battle against the Vikings. We return to the Warden as they lead a battering ram to Svengard. Svengard is described by Apollyon as a place full of backstabbing miscreants who hoard food. But this isn’t the whole truth. It is in fact a gathering place for all of the grains of the Vikings and their goal is to kill them all and burn the supplies. Our Warden finally understands the horror that is the brutal way of Apollyon but not before fighting a legendary Viking Warlord, Gudmundr. The devastation they bring to Svengard is the final straw and the Warden turns their back on the Blackstone Legion. Even Holden Cross begins to have doubts along with Mercy and Stone. All had their reasons to fight but this was not what they had signed up for.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

Gudmundr

oEd5rTc

Thanks Ted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2.1 Raiding the Raiders

The Vikings are barely surviving. Just as Apollyon planned the Wolves among them rose up to power while they forced the Sheep to starve. Ragnar is such a Wolf, he is back and is now leading his own clan. His outpost is a hive of scum and villainy. Up in the reclusive mountains the Raider has lived a harsh life but now they are descending to take the fight to Ragnar and others. They plan to free them of their pilfered food and spread it among those in need. The Raider is a member of the Warborn clan, and ancient group that was well known for their might back in the day. They seek to see the Warborn clan grow in power once again and to reclaim their own lands from the rule of the evil Apollyon.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

The Raider

DNCzzS6

Helvar

q3x7xSs

Runa

0NAoTap

2 Likes

2.2 Viking Diplomoacy

Welcome to Skallaborg! The Raider has rallied the Warborn into becoming a larger clan, roughly a year has passed since we last saw the Raider. We follow the, Helvar, and Runa as they approach Skallaborg the fortress of Siv the Ruthless. Siv and the Raider go way back, what transpired between them is kept a secret between the two. But whatever it was, Siv is pissed. She screams from atop her walls for the Raider to come and face her. Firstly though the Raider must free the Warborn prisoners that Siv has taken. When the time is right they have their fated duel settling things and deciding the future of the Vikings for generations to come.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

Siv the Ruthless

szOrLlN

Stigandr

IzKPmFe

1 Like

I forgive you for the lack of puppy in the last couple of episodes mostly since it dawned on me that it seems we have a lot of female leads or powerful women in this game. My husband was the one to point it out that it was unusual to have so many female playable characters within a game. It’s really exciting to see this and to see them be so powerful and confident. Also their character designs are so subtle that if you were to just look at some of them you wouldn’t be able to tell gender at all which is making this game way better then I thought it would be. Seeing more of this game, I wish it had a bigger community behind it for the online since this game seems to have so much going for it.

1 Like

I remember being really excited for this game when it first got shown off. And now seeing it I do wish it had more community to make me want to get into it. I’ve always wanted a good “realistic” fighting game.

1 Like

Yep this game has a lot of really powerful women in it, it’s something I really appreciate about it. I was thinking about doing a supplementary video on gender and diversity in For Honor. I wish there was more racial diversity though as most characters outside of the Samurai campaign are white. Though for multiplayer you can make anyone any skin color which is great.

Yeah it is such a darn shame more people don’t play. I’m hoping we’ll see a spike at Christmas and a push for it, since they’re now adding new content and fixing a lot of problems we might see more player retention.

2 Likes

It would be cool if they expanded outside of the three different warrior classes. If we saw maybe an African American tribe of some sort or something else outside of the Samurai, Viking, and Knights. It has a lot going for it and perhaps more updates will expand its popularity. I also think though you doing this Lp is very helpful for those not informed of this game.

1 Like

I can certainly see why they went with Knight, Viking, and Samurai, but the world is filled with so many types of warriors. I’d love to see some of the other ones come in.

1 Like

Definitely, if they ever make a sequel I really wanna see them add on more classes and groups. Like seeing Chinese warriors, maybe just in General North African and Middle Eastern forces based on groups like the Scythians, etc. Now I would worry they’d mishandle it, but hopefully if they do make a sequel and go that route they’d have consultants since it seems like they did actually work close with historians, enthusiasts, and for instance experts on samurai. While the game is still fantasy it has good tinges of actual history and combat in it.

1 Like

Warden

The Warden class in For Honor is one of the three Vanguard classes and is the Vanguard for the Knights. Wardens are members of an ancient order that are sworn to protect those who cannot defend themselves. In actual gameplay terms the Warden is a jack of all trades master of none. They have swift light attacks and basic combos with the biggest aid being their shoulder bash and overhead counter attacks. This is not to say the Warden is easy to master, but instead it is an easy class to pick up and play while true masters of the Warden can still be competitive.

2.3 Wood, Iron, and Steel

The Vikings now all follow one banner, that of the Warborn, and one leader, the Raider. Stigandr after being freed from the clutches of Siv the Ruthless is now the last Jarl of his people. He intends to make a difference by freeing the Viking shipyards from the rule of the Blackstone Legion. It is a wild gambit as he goes in alone to try and find a way for the others to get in. As a Warlord though Stigandr is used to tough battles. He must face off against the leader of the Blackstone Legion here, a man named Julius Salavander. If the shipyards of Valkenheim are freed what could the future be for the Vikings? Stgandr has his eyes set on greater ambitions. The lands of the Samurai.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

Julius Salavander

8YMYors

4 Likes

2.4 Up The Beach

The Vikings unleash their fury upon the coastal fortress of Kaiyo Kabe. This fortress has stood the test of times and held well against foreign invaders. Its forces are led by the Kensei known as Fujikiyo. Fujikiyo is an old warrior and a commander of the Samurai. The Vikings are led by the Raider and must force their way up the beaches of the Samurai and find their way into the fortress where they can defeat all who stand in their way. It is a blood battle, but it becomes known to the Vikings as the first stage of The Great Raid. It will be sung about in stories for centuries to come. The Raider must fight Fujikiyo himself in a duel to see who is truly the greater warrior and to see which side has more power in their hearts. The Vikings or the Samurai.

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

Fujikiyo

D6nyE4S

1 Like

2.5 Reconnaissance

[Torture]
In the Myre at Kowareta To Runa the Valkyrie has been sent on a recon mission. The Myre is an inhospitable and confusing place and her task is to find a path through or maps of where to march or sail. Before long Runa is ambushed by Samurai and must fight for her life. Mysteriously there are hints of a Blackstone presence in the Myre, what could they be doing here? At a temple Runa ends up in a mad battle and must try to escape with her life after disobeying orders and going off alone to find much needed maps.

Mic

No Mic

1 Like

I’m enjoying the historical and technical tidbits, I say keep them coming.

3 Likes

Definitely will do then!

2.6 The Great Raid

Koto, the Emperor’s city. A shining beacon of the Myre and of the Samurai. This city is shrouded in mist and mystery to outsiders. The ancient passages and bridges leading to the city are weathered from time. Despite its outward appearances inside are said to be riches beyond imagining, and it is for this reason as well as glory that the Vikings have come. Seeking to carry out the Great Raid they are here to fight the best that the Samurai have to offer. The Raider leads the charge across the bridge backed up by Helvar, Runa, and Stigandr. Their wits may not match their ferocity but on this day only one is needed for the battle ahead. They scream of Valhalla and of the battle around them, but they were not entirely prepared for the 2nd greatest warrior the Samurai have to offer, General Tozen. He is a deft, cruel, agile, and worthy opponent. The Raider must face him by theirself for even the Vikings fear his prowess. Apollyon also has some sort of plan in the works. She speaks of war more, of bringing out the true nature of the monsters that are humans. What is she setting up, and can anyone even stop her?

Mic

No Mic

Characters Introduced

General Tozen

HDIOqJ1