Final Fantasy VII: Beat It Before The Remake!

Final Fantasy 7. What can you say about this game? Well, as it turns out, quite a bit! It’s got one of the largest and most dedicated fan bases out of any game, it’s spawned countless spinoff and supplementary materials exploring the world of Gaia, and it’s considered to be one of the greatest, and most influential, games of all time. You can’t really talk about the RPG genre without bringing up this game at some point.

And…I’d never played it. Well, I’ve tried, bits and pieces, but not enough to get a good feel for it. And it was always one of those games that’s just stayed on my back-burner for a rainy day, so I can jump straight into this epic classic.

Today is that rainy day. Tomorrow too. Maybe the day afte…look, just bring an umbrella.

This is going to be a first timer’s playthrough of FF7. So, I have no idea on what to expect for the story, or the characters, or the world. Well, I know one thing, but we’ll get to it when we get to it…

If you wanna start from the beginning, here’s my first video on the series:

And if you just want the playlist for convenience sake, I gotcha covered there too!:

I’m all for people giving feedback, commenting, or what have you. There’s a lot of game to get through, and the real question is, what shall come first? My finale, or the remake?

Only time will tell…

Oh boy I have a long way to go to catch up with this but I accept the challenge.

I played a little bit of this game a long time ago. My computer wasn’t able to handle it so I didn’t get very far. 2 episodes in and it’s been a pretty good experience so far.

1 Like

We pick up the story with a new party member, and a battle to remember. But who will come out victorious, is the question?

1 Like

We’re back at it again, and we’re not giving in so easily in today’s episode of Final Fantasy VII!

Are you looking up where to get all the badass gear or is this a more blind style LP?

Bit of a mix. I’m going in mostly blind for story and such, but I’m using a walkthrough to help point me in the right direction if I get stuck. And occasionally I see how to get some nice gear in the process!

1 Like

A man of action, of surprise, of honor. Who have we met? Find out in today’s episode!

This video was a real joy to make, and I’m hoping you guys like it too!

Also, I finally got around to fixing up the top post, to be a lot nicer for new people joining in on the fun! So, to anyone new, I say welcome! And enjoy the game!