Etrian Odyssey V: It's not a phase, Mom, my real name is Thunderclap Fencer

Update 44. I’m kinda glad to have that done with!

Also we have the second-to-last boss to vote on a party for I guess!

Magda, Mio(Love), Sasha(Adamatine). I recognize the use of Chain Blast for this battle, and having Panic along will be extremely useful. Smokeblight will boost any elemental damage in the party, and I feel Kaelin or Death-bringing Raven will be voted in here. Maybe.

Mio’s Exorcism Prayer is way too good to pass up for this battle. The passive heals, too. This looks like it’ll be a long fight. Though maybe not, with Iseria’s surprise. Who knows? Besides that, she brings Hygieia’s Bowl and Aegis Shield, both of which will work as panic buttons against Constrict.

Either Sasha will be useful, really, but I think Recovery Guard may have an use in this one particular fight. Gunpowder spec may also be useful, since constantly activating Line Guard with Gun Support would mean Sasha keeps putting out Turrets, which with all the AoE means constant counterattacks, and they might make Tail Whip a nonissue.

…That sure was a mixed mess of localized names and translated names.

You know, I thought B19 in EOU was bad, but I see they’ve really put some resources into the “making teleporter mazes worse” department since then.

Raven (Death-Bringing), Gram (Falcon) and Mio (Love).

Current results are:

Three-way tie for the fourth and final spot!

Iseria used Heavy Strike!

1 Like

Hello, everyone! I apologize for the dearth of updates recently, but I’ve been absolutely hammered with school, personal business, and EO5’s US release and have not really had enough time to just sit down and write an update.

As penance, allow me to relay a bit of fanart someone on Twitter drew:

This was drawn by Olivine Arc, whose Twitter can be found here: https://twitter.com/thesummerwars. Go check them out!

3 Likes

I have been provided with another bit of fanart, also from Olivine Arc.

3 Likes

Both of these are totally fantastic.

Update 45. Only two updates left before we’re done.

1 Like

Only two updates left, and I’ve already recorded one of them.

Update 46.

Also, Star Devourer writeup. There is no vote on the party for it this time.

1 Like

The end.

Thank you very much for reading.

You’re welcome.

This was a fantastic ride from start to finish. Thanks for LPing it and making a wonderful story along the way.

I never could have guessed the perfect way to end this LP before, but I can say with certainty that that was it.

Thank you for LPing this. This is the first time I ever really saw an Etrian Odyssey game, and it helped me understand the sort of mindset you need to play. Not, like, well or anything, but I think I flailed around in EOU a little less.

I literally had to make an account here just to say thanks for this amazing LP. This more or less dragged me through the Dark Times when an English release for EO5 felt less and less likely every day. And boy do I love a wholesome, cute ending.

Also I feel Raven hard there, Kindred Spirits made me cry harder than any other media, ever

Oh, uh, forgot to do this forever ago. @moderators, this thing’s ready to be put in Completed LPs.

Hi there, I just stumbled upon your LP of etrian V and I really fond of this kind of game. So your LP is kinda a blessing for me. I am currently reading till first stratum boss fight and I found that the boss fight vid is private. Is there any way for me to watch it?