Devs Play Alien: Isolation

Also I get the feeling that the music isn’t entirely honest and does scare chords when there’s nothing nearby sometimes.

Hey folks!

Tonight’s recording session was the last, since we completed the game. I’ll be uploading the videos on YT starting Friday.

We will do another stream of Alien: Isolation’s survivor mode in a month or so. If you have any questions we didn’t address (or that we did, but you wanted us to expand upon it), please let me know in the thread and we will talk about anything you want on the next stream (as long as it doesn’t break NDAs).

Since the game is completed, it can be as spoilery as you want it.

UPDATE - Part 25

First out of three videos from the final session of the playthrough. Enjoy!

My question was more about the multiple chestbursted people in the hospital (like the ones in wheelchairs and so on), and therefore multiple aliens when you’re supposed to think there’s only one, what obviousness level to give it?

I’m really good at words I promise.

UPDATE - Part 26

The game starts getting quite a bit rude near the end…

I think it’s implied that they were impaled by the Alien, but I’ll follow-up on that question for the bonus stream.

FINAL UPDATE - Part 27

This is the final video. Thank you all for tuning in and I hope you found the playthrough entertaining and informative!

I’ll add the bonus session next month, but you can consider this stream let’s play effectively finished.

That was quite a ride. (And I agree about the ending, I’d like to know more about what happens. Also as a player I was annoyed to see taylor die after what feels like the entire first third of the game was getting her back on her feet.)

Now that it’s over, it’s time for the fun experience of watching a speedrun of the game to see how thoroughly all its challenges can be trivialized by someone who has broken it to their will.

1 Like

Hey all!

This Wednesday will be the bonus stream where we play Survival Mode. If you have any questions about the game’s development, this stream is the last opportunity to get them in.

Stream starts at 3PM EST/8PM GMT on http://twitch.tv/realsovietbear

Bonus video is up. Here we mostly just enjoy the pretty things in the DLC and have idle banter about environments in Alien: Isolation and games in general.

And with the bonus video, this is put under wraps. Thanks to anyone who stuck through with the entire playthrough and hopefully there will be a new big “Devs Play” in the future.