Devs Play Alien: Isolation

I’m curious about this too and I’ll see if I can pull it off. If not, I’ll just ask Christiaan to explain what happens.

Just a reminder that today (Wednesday) is our next recording session, so please tune into or follow https://www.twitch.tv/realsovietbear Time is same as usual, 3PM EST/8PM GMT.

1 Like

The first video of yesterday’s session is available for your viewing pleasure.

Alien: Isolation Part 10:

The Alien is a dick in this one.

1 Like

Update: Part 11

The story picks up the pace.

1 Like

Everyone is really, really, really sweaty in cutscenes.

Which makes sense given the the killer robots, the paranoid survivors and the survivore alien, you know, but Samuels is also very sweaty in the intro and he wasn’t the one busy cutting and welding things.

Update - Part 12

Time for a massive playable (and cool) flashback.

I think they went with the look which applied to most of the game and just accepted that the shader would look out of place in a rare few instances?

1 Like

Update - Part 13

Time to demonstrate the effectiveness of fire in the game.

1 Like

UPDATE - Part 14

Some weird three-way combat this time.

1 Like

UPDATE - Part 15

This is the last one before the next stream session. See you on Wednesday!

1 Like

UPDATE - Part 16

We’re back after a brief break, fully recharged and arguing about discussing pronunciation, lore and game design.

UPDATE - Part 17

We enjoy a much-needed break from the Alien…

UPDATE - Part 18

Last video until the next recording session. If you want to ask questions live or see us play through the game without waiting for the recordings, check out the stream on Wednesday.

UPDATE - Part 19

Time to deal with that massive pile of Joes.

UPDATE - Part 20

Lots of stealth versus the EMP-resistant androids.

UPDATE - Part 21

Time for the BIGGEST PLOT TWIST OF ALL TIME. See you on the recording session tomorrow!

Since these are new aliens I guess the aliens’ “knowing your tricks” counters get reset.

1 Like

I was actually meaning to ask that on the next recording session.

UPDATE - Part 22

Turns out the nest is actually really really hard.

UPDATE - Part 23

After the escape, it’s time for exposition and revelations.

UPDATE - Part 24

It’s the final stretch of the game. Tune in tomorrow for the next recording session.

I’d like to know what the devs thought about how obvious to make the corpses with chestburster exit wounds in the hospital and what it would do to the aliens reveal.

1 Like