Deep Dives Drive Detective to Descriptively-Detailed Discoveries - Let's Play D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

I forgot just how good this actions sequence is. It’s not quite as memorable as the first, but the choreography is on point.

1 Like

Hey guys, I just noticed that the thread hit 1,000 total page views, so I think that’s pretty neat! I wanted to thank everyone who’s watched the LP so far, and for those of you in the know, there is a very special update coming this Thursday, so stay tuned!

2 Likes

:zap: :zap: :zap: Very Special Update :zap: :zap: :zap:

Welcome to this very special episode, where we get a couple of much-needed answers. I hope you’re ready for the end of Episode 2!

So, if you’ve come this far… first off, thanks! I’ve been planning a little bit of a bonus for a while now, and managed to get it just the way I wanted it, so if you’ve watched Episode 16, feel free to click below for a bonus video!

Click here, but beware of spoilers if you haven't seen up to (and including) episode 16...

My co-commentator and I look back on what D4 was, and we try to speculate on what it could have been. D4 wasn’t exactly given the fairest of chances, but looking to the future, it does look most probable that this will be where the story of David Young ends, so I thought it a fitting tribute to give the game a bit of a once-over, one last time before saying goodbye.

(And also, I wanted to show off just how quick a speedrun of this game could be.)

Again, thanks for watching the LP! It’s been a great first thread for me, so I appreciate everyone the posted/watched/whatever! I’ll be updating the Bonus section with the speedrun in a day or two, and I’ll be leaving the thread open in this subforum for about a week, starting today, so if you wanted to get in any last words, now’s your chance!

Until next time.

This episode’s documents:

1 Like

That’s just about the worst cliffhanger they could have ended on. It sucks that David Young isn’t going to get any kind of closure, bar some extreme luck and unexpected funding.

Phillip’s design here still looks… interesting. I’d like more insight into that, but again, that ain’t happening.

1 Like

@moderators This LP is good and done and ready to be moved over to the Completed Let’s Plays! I’d like to keep it open for anyone who stumbles upon it later on.