Deep Dives Drive Detective to Descriptively-Detailed Discoveries - Let's Play D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

Wait, you can just leave?

Yup! It’s not specifically said anywhere, but you can always go back through the start menu unless a cutscene or action is going on. And there are parts in later episodes where Amanda’s branch shop isn’t available, so it helps to be able to go back and refuel.

This is just speculation, but…

Now, it’s not fair to criticize someone in their dying breaths, but Peggy’s vague clue certainly leaves a LOT to be desired.

Also, I just found your Tomb Raider LP. It needs more love, it’s pretty good.

Thanks! I was still trying to figure out video processing and solo commentary during that LP, but it’s also when I noticed my curse of having to 100% every game I try to LP, for better or for worse.

:hockey: :hockey: :hockey: Update! :hockey: :hockey: :hockey:

Finally it is here, the stunt scene to end all stunt scenes!! Can you pick out the video games referenced on all of David’s hoodies? Some of them are tricky!

Here is the stunt scene by itself in all its glory (turn subtitles on for lyrics):

And for the "spooky image of Zapatero with a lot of his character model detail missing. I got the timing wrong of where it appears in the video, but you can still tell where it comes in:

This episode’s documents:

The way you do these actions so fluently is refreshing as all man. As much I’ve been watching playthroughs of this game over the years, it’s just a minor annoyance when people just don’t get that 100% Sync rate. The stunt fight with Rabbit Zapatero was nuts, also the lyrics are indeed nonsensical.

Everything about the stunt scene is perfectly made. While most of it is well synced, the megaphone part is my favorite.

So I assume that Zapatero’s glass eye is our next memento, right?

:hamburger: :hamburger: :hamburger: Update! :hamburger: :hamburger: :hamburger:

Oh my, an actual investigation! There’s something strange going on after the plane was struck by lightning, so feel free to speculate on just what it is, but know that, right or wrong, I won’t confirm anything until we get there in the game. :wink:

And this is the closest I could find to lobster/butter potato chips: Lobster Choo Chee, a Thai lobster curry flavor.

I would still at least try it.

I can’t believe I haven’t referred to Ice Hockey as “The Frozen Duel” since I first saw that scrapbook. I need to keep that in my vocabulary, alongside Ball Chess in place of Golf.

“Mister Young, I have told your names to the Entmoot, and we have decided you are not Orcs.”

Hoom, hrrrmmmmrrrmm.

:crab: :crab: :crab: Update! :crab: :crab: :crab:

The word of the day is:

We also reveal the mystery of what happened to the plane since the lightning strike, so see if you can get it right before we get to the answer.

1 Like

David saying “avant garde” gives me life.

I love that almost everyone forgets David between flights. Except all the people that could beat him up, and also don’t like him all that much.

1 Like

:airplane: :airplane: :airplane: Update! :airplane: :airplane: :airplane:

Today we’re in for a pop quiz, so I hope you all have been studying up! No? Well… too bad! Don’t be too worried though, my buddy’s the only one “on trial” for this one.

With this video, we conclude Episode 1 of D4, so now’s a good time for our own little quiz:

Who’s you’re favorite D?

• David
  • Derek
  • Duncan
  • Deborah
  • TeDDY
  • AmanDa

0 voters

Gotta be Duncan. Can’t beat that A-VANT GAAAAAARDE.

It’s a shame that Rufus Shinra Phillip stops giving you detailed Airplane Facts ™ at the advanced round. I kinda enjoyed the details. I do love how over the top David is about figuring out mysteries, though. I wish I could be that excited about revelations of any sort.

I certainly wasn’t expecting the poll to be so… unanimous. Not that I’m complaining, mind you. :ok_hand:

David and Deborah are both close seconds in my heart, but how could I not go with avaaant gaaaaarde?

:star: :star: :star: Update! :star: :star: :star:

Let’s slow down the pace with a nice and easy start to episode 2.

I really like the end of the title sequence and grabbed it for anyone who would want an addition to their desktop backgrounds folder.

1 Like

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: Update! :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

(Warning: This is a spoooooky episode!)

D4 is a relatively stable game, and with the PC release, they fixed a lot of the bugs from the Xbox version.

But there’s one they may have overlooked…

1 Like

:dash: :dash: :dash: Update! :dash: :dash: :dash:

We’re back on the airplane and things aren’t going so well. Olivia’s mad, Derek’s mad, everyone’s mad.

After we find out who “D” is, I say we come back and find out who left beans in the cargo area like a monster! I mean, come on! At least cook the damn things first.

:film_frames: :film_frames: :film_frames: Double Feature Updates :film_frames: :film_frames: :film_frames:

This week, we’ve got two updates for the price of one! Mostly because part 14 isn’t all that long and doesn’t push the plot forward at all.

While we do a couple Extra Cases about learning some random trivia, we might as well make a game out of it. So, you know what means! Another trip to the apartment. And you know what that means! Another strange-as-hell meal with Teddy.

Don’t forget to book your trip to the Galapoagos Islands today!*

*not to be confused with the Galapagos Islands

We faced the midterms earlier on, so now it’s time for the finals! Can you get a good score on the test?

These episodes’ documents:

1 Like

:knife: :knife: :knife: Update! :knife: :knife: :knife:

Let’s get back going on the plot… only to be very suddenly stopped. I’m sure you can tell by the thumbnail who’s about to show up, and… yeah.

Anyway, we get another great stunt scene with an even better set of failures and the return of Drank Dead DOM Die!

No documents this episode.