Dark Souls 3 LP: Commentators Wanted

Ever wanted to comment on the third entry of a popular (and possibly complete) video game series?

Great! My friend, Lobo, and I are completing the Dark Souls trilogy in our next LP, and we want to bring some of you along for the ride. There’s a ton of episodes to go through and it’d be nice if you could join us!

Basically, you can “sign up” for some videos (listed in the next post) and join us as we go through the game. Feel like you might be too shy or not know enough about the series to join us? No problem!

To answer some basic questions, here’s a small FAQ:

FAQ

Q: What if I don’t have any experience or knowledge or Dark Souls games? Is that alright?

A: Sure! All of the souls games are easy enough to get into, and DS3 is no different. A lot of stuff that’s shared between the 3 games is pretty self-explanatory and the plot/lore isn’t such a big focus of the LP that you’d need to know it all. Not even Lobo’s seen this game yet. Though knowledge of the previous games will certainly benefit you, it is not a requirement.

If you want to get a feel for what our LPs are like, below are the LPs we’ve done on the previous games:

Q: Will you be doing the Ashes of Ariandel and The Ringed City DLCs?

A: Yes, we’ll be running through them in their entirety.

Q: What exactly is going to be the setup for each episode?

A: Each episode will feature me, Lobo, and up to two other people (capping the commentator limit at 4 because any more might be too chaotic). I’ll post the episode list below so that you have at least some insight into what we’ll be covering, but it’ll be spoilered in case you only want to cover a certain number of videos without caring what goes on in them.

Q: What if there aren’t enough people to cover each episode?

A: That’s fine. I’m totally okay with just having the same one or two people join us for the whole LP if that’s all the interest there is.

Q: When will you be recording commentary?

A: Tentatively, we’ll be recording Thursday evenings (EST), but if you’re completely unavailable on that day of the week, we should be able to adjust it for you. I’ll let you know in advance when the videos you’ll be commentating on will be. We’ll be starting recording (hopefully) this week, so if you want to join us for the first few videos, let me know soon!

Q: What will I need to record commentary?

A: We both use Audacity to record our commentary, and Discord to talk to one another. Just have a decent-enough microphone and you should be fine.

You can get a hold of me here on the LPZ forum, on twitter (wottermelon), or on Discord (wottermelon#4607) if you have any other questions.

Episode List

• 01 - Cemetery of Ash BOSS Iudex Gundyr
  • 02 - High Wall of Lothric
  • 03 - High Wall of Lothric BOSS Vordt of the Boreal Valley
  • 04 - Undead Settlement
  • 05 - Undead Settlement BOSS Curse-rotted Greatwood
  • 06 - Undead Settlement
  • 07 - Road of Sacrifices
  • 08 - Crucifixion Woods
  • 09 - Crucifixion Woods BOSS Crystal Sage
  • 10 - Cathedral of the Deep
  • 11 - Cathedral of the Deep
  • 12 - Cathedral of the Deep BOSS Deacons of the Deep
  • 13 - Farron Keep
  • 14 - Farron Keep BOSS Abyss Watchers
  • 15 - Catacombs of Carthus
  • 16 - Catacombs of Carthus BOSS High Lord Wolnir
  • 17 - Demon Ruins
  • 18 - Demon Ruins BOSS Old Demon King
  • 19 - Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
  • 20 - Irithyll of the Boreal Valley/Irithyll Dungeon BOSS Pontiff Sulyvahn
  • 21 - Irithyll Dungeon/Profaned Capital BOSS Yhorm the Giant
  • 22 - Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
  • 23 - Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
  • 24 - Anor Londo BOSS Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
  • 25 - Miscellaneous BOSS Dancer of the Boreal Valley
  • 26 - Consumed King’s Garden BOSS Oceiros, the Consumed King
  • 27 - Untended Graves BOSS Champion Gundyr
  • 28 - Castle Lothric/Dragon Barracks BOSS Dragonslayer Armour
  • 29 - Grand Archives
  • 30 - Grand Archives
  • 31 - Grand Archives BOSS Twin Princes
  • 32 - Archdragon Peak BOSS Ancient Wyvern
  • 33 - Archdragon Peak BOSS King of the Storms
  • 34 - Snowfield (Ashes of Ariandel)
  • 35 - Snowfield (Ashes of Ariandel) BOSS Gravetender Greatwolf/Champion
  • 36 - Corvian Settlement (Ashes of Ariandel)
  • 37 - Corvian Settlement (Ashes of Ariandel)
  • 38 - Ariandel Chapel (Ashes of Ariandel) BOSS Sister Friede
  • 39 - Dreg Heap (The Ringed City
  • 40 - Dreg Heap/Inner City (The Ringed City) BOSS Twin Demons
  • 41 - Inner City (The Ringed City)
  • 42 - Abyssal Swamp (The Ringed City)
  • 43 - Shared Grave (The Ringed City)
  • 44 - Miscellaneous (The Ringed City) BOSS Darkeater Midir and Halflight, Spear of the Church
  • 45 - Unknown BOSS Slave Knight Gael
  • 46 - Kiln of the First Flame BOSS Soul of Cinder
  • 47 - Miscellaneous

I will commentate on any video where you wield an axe. If there are no videos where you wield axes then I am afraid I cannot commentate on any of your videos.

I have incredibly high standards.

Well not to toot any horns but I am a Dark Souls LP superstar and if you need any commentating I could do a few.

Unfortunately, there’s no axes. The only compensation I can offer is that there is plenty of action with greatswords and fists of fire.

im off work Thursday if you wanna still record

Never done LP commentary before but this sounds super interesting to me. I’m not sure how well Thursdays will work for me (definitely can’t make it this week), but that varies from week to week. I’d be up for commenting on any area, but I’d especially like to comment for the DLC areas since I haven’t seen those before (I have played and beaten the game, just never got around to the DLC).

Unless there’s more of a response before Thursday, you’re welcome to join us to start!

I can put you down for both DLCs for now if you’d like. The Ringed City is especially good, so it’ll be a fun one to do.

Sounds good to me! If you want an extra person for any other eps just let me know.

I’m probably up for this if a time can be arranged. I work varying shifts, so I gotta be able to at one point or another.

That sounds great! Did you want to maybe join us towards the late-game, where boss encounters pick up a bit?

(I’ve seen your DS3 lp, and had a lot of fun watching the “B” playlist)

Yo! My name’s Kat, or Meowtroid. I’m definitely interested in joining in on this - I want to get more into creative works especially involving let’s play, streaming, and gaming, so I’d love to offer my voice in commentary if you guys would have me. I’m a huge Dark Souls nerd and have beaten Dark Souls 3, and if it helps I’m a bit of a lore nerd too, though I haven’t looked tooo too much into DS3’s lore compared to DS1 :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t matter to me, but I’m cool with that. Just let me know whenever you require my services and we can try to schedule something.

Sure, we’d love to have you! It looks like we might have some people for the first few commentary sessions but I’ll let you know when you can join us.

For everyone who’s volunteered to commentate, I’ll be contacting you via DMs here so we can set up Discord contact. I’ll definitely let you know when we plan on recording with plenty of time in advance in case we need to reschedule due to any conflicts.

Whoa hey, I would also be down to co-commentate for whatever video needs peeps. I must warn that I am a bonified Soul’s veteran who is super cynical about how 3 turned out. Sorry for responding so late, that’s what I get for losing track of the new threads on the forum. :sweat_smile:

You should bring me on for the same videos as praha, then, so I can be a counter to the cynicism. Because 3 is my favorite of the three.

1 Like

I would love to commentate on an episode if you’ll have me. I’m free most nights and I only got into souls last year so I’m still pretty enthusiastic about.