Danaru and Grace's 8/16-bit ROMcom!

Danaru And Grace’s 8/16 Bit Romcom - Dual Orb/Ultimate Fighter

And so begins the section of the ROMcom where I try to find the most awkwardly translated titles because hoo man, there was some weird shit on the SNES

1 Like

Danaru And Grace’s 8/16 Bit Romcom - Dragon View

This game actually owns pretty hard! If I hadn’t completely blown it we probably woulda done a second episode of this.

1 Like

Danaru And Grace’s 8/16 Bit Romcom - Feda: Emblem of Justice

This game also kinda rules once I figure out you can’t fire a crossbow further than ten feet!

Look I just finished an XCOM 2 campaign where my only casualty was a single Spark, I’m not about to have my skills as a commander doubted

This game seems closer to Shining Force than Fire Emblem. It’s aesthetic is extremely similar, but with more tech and less color. That being said, I looked it up and it seems like a different company developed it, so I guess it was just a heavy inspiration.

Also, the demonic ritual used to bring Dora back from the dead was amazing, thank god for glitchy translated text.

Let’s Play Mario’s Time Machine Redux Episode 1 - Here’s An Apple, Fuck You

WE’RE BACK AND it’s this, I’m very sorry. We’re… smart

EDIT: Wow it’s been four months I’m SO sorry

1 Like

Let’s Play Mario’s Time Machine Redux Episode 2 - A Clarinet That Doesn’t Suck

It might be hard to tell, but these were recorded super late at night after I deemed I was too drunk to play Portable Ops. If you like clarinets you probably shouldn’t watch this one.

for real though if any of you bastards give me grief because you think I was serious about american history or band stuff I’ll declare a life grudge.

my main takeaway here is that simple == good with old game music. mario music was pleasant and catchy. most of these games have so many noises going on at once that it’s just grating and irritating to listen to.

that barbie game was pure torture.

1 Like

Don’t worry, Americans don’t know American history either. It’s fine.

1 Like

Let’s Play Mario’s Time Machine Redux Episode 3 - My Personal Purgatory

This is the last episode we’ve got in the backlog for now, but Grace really wants to finish this… for some reason, so we should be back soon enough!

1 Like

Danaru And Grace’s 8/16 Bit Romcom - Super Battleship/Death Brade

Hey it’s been a while! We 100% forgot about Mario’s Time Machine and now that we remembered, we’re both upset we didn’t keep playing that.

1 Like

Danaru And Grace’s 8/16 Bit Romcom - Lord of the Rings/Super Mario Dark World

Grace and I spend the first half of the video talking about how much we don’t like LOTR, so this is probably going to be real well received

1 Like

Danaru And Grace’s 8/16 Bit Romcom - First Samurai/Metroid -1 Shadow Strikes

I’m not going to lie, First Samurai whipped ass once we got past the brick wall of plot

1 Like

Danaru And Grace’s 8/16 Bit Romcom - Omega Link To The Past/Super Mario War

I will never in my life be able to forget THE Super Mario War.