Comedy = Greek Tragedy + Time – Let’s Play Hades

As it turns out, it’s the bow’s time to shine! Not only are we getting a good bow run, but Artemis has decided it’s high time to give Zagreus a very, very good new aspect.

It’s a double update this week, because I did not want Pirates to be the last thing I streamed before holiday work shenanigans. And in this episode, things don’t go great for ‘ol Zagreus. But we can check a few boons off the Fates’ list.

It’s a short one this time around. But I managed to get a few chores done at least, which should hopefully make up for some sub-par shooting skills.

Today, amongst the various little accomplishments for the Fates’ predictions, Zagreus also tries to improve his relationship with the rest of the Gods. Unfortunately, that means giving Demeter more nectar. The things we do for progress, I swear.

Yeah, so as it turns out, almost all of the Daedalus boons that aren’t shotgun are pretty fun. More importantly, though, they work together very well. Today, Zagreus learns the joy of blowing an entire room to smithereens with missiles, long before even more simple firearms came into existence.

Whoops, here’s a double update because I guess I forgot the initial one. Zeus and Poseidon are finally decide to be helpful, which frees up what keepsakes I can choose now. Of course, now the final gun aspect will be of interest… but it might just clash with certain Pacts of Punishment.

Zagreus heads out once again, this time keeping Skelly’s request in the back of his mind. For now, though, it’s time to see Lucifer’s aspect to a fight with Hades. Which, without a time limit, should be a little easier.

And now, the moment you may or may not have been looking forward to: emotional intimacy initiated by (possibly alcoholic) drinks.

Never say a given run is a sure victory. Never, never do that, but especially don’t do that in a game about Greek myth.

Well, I had some bad luck last time. But now that I’m not worsening my karma by believing in myself, I’m actually doing half decently. Or maybe it’s having a good ranged weapon. Or the fact that said ranged weapon has absolutely ludicrous boons on it. Could be anything, really.

We continue on with some good boons and/or luck, so things go well when it comes to escaping Hell. But Zagreus also receives a surprise guest this time around, and it seems things are looking good for personal relationships as well.

It’s run 100! This one was… a very interesting mixed bag. But what isn’t a mixed bag is Zagreus’s steadily improving love life. Good to know that no matter how many death defiances he loses, noted “giant dork” Zagreus can still get him some.

We’re getting ever-closer to finishing some of these prophecies! Unfortunately, getting the Daedalus boons for the last two weapons means using aspects I’m not great with. On one hand, it was cool to use the bow outside of my new comfort zone with it. On the other, I do not like using any shield but Zeus’s.

With Nyx suddenly divulging the locations of various paperworks, Zagreus has some opportunities to help his friends. But can the Prince truly separate Sisyphus and his eternal companion Bouldy?

Zagreus continues his mission of helping his friends escape their tragic fates in the underworld, and now has the opportunity to help his teacher as well. But with insufficient diamonds for the task, his greatest accomplishment of the day is sorting out his feelings with the house maid.

Well, new duo skills are still a bust. But five diamonds have been gathered, which means (eventually) Achilles and Patroclus may be reunited.

After taking a week off of Hades, Zagreus returns stronger than ever. Today, even the worst runs bare quite a bit of fruit, or at least get out of the way quick enough for something better to come along.

We see reunited lovers! We shatter the champions! We either gave Nyx a way to communicate with Chaos or we’ve been tricked into doing something terrible! All that and more as Hades continues being generous.

We draw ever-closer to (maybe) resolving the conflict between Hades and the other Olympians. But unfortunately, not every one of Zagreus’s matters are so simple. In fact, it seems Nyx has once again bungled the situation with Zagreus’s best friend/gorgon head, and now we gotta deal with that once Nyx comes back from her visit to Chaos.

You know how it goes. We continue disliking Nyx, we continue giving the gods their invitations, we make Shades explode. Oh, and we piss of Charon big time. Haha sorry, Charon, please don’t make your stuff more expensive.