Cocoa☆Disaster: The World's Tastiest Anime Podcast!

:siren: WOW, A PODCAST! :siren:

YouTube

MP3 Download

Whoops, forgot to do this over the weekend! It’s time for Xain and I to talk about all the shows we were watching over the past thirteen weeks! The good definitely out-weighs the disappointing and there were lots of really nice surprises over the winter season! We can only hope this is the sign as a beautiful anime harvest to come during the rest of the year. You can also hear us pitch some great ideas for the next Universal monster movie cinematic universe.
Our next episode is a Single Serving on the first season of the critically acclaimed series Psycho-Pass! If you have anything you want to say about this particular series, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

Today, my friend DeviousVacuum joins me to discuss a recent release, possibly our fastest turnaround since Ghost in the Shell! This episode is all about Kakegurui, a 2017 psychological thriller about high-stakes gambling and beautiful women! We discuss its thrilling games and lovable cast, as well as the themes underneath the surface that keep us coming back!

Our next episodes will be our seasonal coverage, previewing the upcoming Summer shows as well as discussing what we watched in Spring! If you have anything you want to say in regards to those two topics, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

Does this mean the Psycho-Pass episode is bumped until after Summer starts?

Ah sorry, I realize I didn’t say anything about it here!
Psycho-Pass is on an indefinite hiatus due to some personal stuff having come up around the recording of the lost episode, but I hope to have it done before the end of the year. Just requires some things to line up beforehand.

1 Like

YouTube

MP3 Download

Today, Xain and I talk through the upcoming summer season! Unfortunately, it seems like it’s gonna be pretty slow, with only a handful of shows catching our collective eye. Still, we give our initial impressions and stake our claims, as well as discuss a couple months worth of exciting video game/anime/children’s toy news!

:siren: WOW, A BONUS EPISODE! :siren:

YouTube

I also did a bonus episode with my little brother about My Hero Academia! We took some questions and talked about the show while eating hero-themed snacks and having a good ol’ time.

Our next episode will be the Spring season review! We have a lot of shows to talk about, so if you missed the absurd length of our podcasts, then give us a couple weeks! If you have anything you want to say in regards to the Spring season, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

Co-host Xain and I watched a lot of anime in a surprisingly intense spring season, and now we’re here to talk through all of them! Almost 20 shows are on the table, and most of them turned out great! And the ones that didn’t? Well, we still get to have a worthwhile discussion on those as well. What a fantastic season though, I honestly believe there was something for everyone in this collection of shows.

Our Single Servings this season will be on Eccentric Family (Seasons 1 and 2) and Speed Racer (2008)! If you have anything you want to say in regards to these particular pieces of media, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

qb stops sending in mail this week and instead joins the show to talk about the two current seasons of Eccentric Family! A sleeper hit of a series, the show focuses on a family of tanuki who cause trouble and have fun living in the perilous world of humans and tengu. It’s a great show with some very dense, evocative writing and fantastic worldbuilding, so we sped up the synopsis to leave plenty of time for discussion! Make sure you’re butt’s warm for this one!

Our next episode is on the live-action Speed Racer movie! If you have anything you want to say in regards to this misunderstood classic, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

If last year’s deep dive into Hollywood’s Ghost in the Shell left you wanting more analysis on adaptations, then we’ve got you covered today! FutureFriend and TheJayOfSpade return to the podcast to discuss Speed Racer, a 2008 film by the Wachowskis that was regarded poorly upon release, but has seen a revival of fan interest and support in more recent years. What caused this change in attitude? What side does the movie fall on for us? Will we ever get that weak shit off our track? All this and more on today’s episode!

Our next episodes will be our seasonal coverage, previewing the upcoming Fall shows as well as discussing what we watched in Summer! If you have anything you want to say in regards to those two topics, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

The seasonal coverage has returned, starting with our preview on the upcoming Fall season of anime! Lots of anticipated sequels are on the horizon, including JoJo’s, Ace Attorney, and Thunderbolt Fantasy, but there’s also plenty of new stuff that’s caught our eye, like Double Decker! and Honda-san. Just in time for the new episodes to start airing, let’s do the deep dive into our anime offerings and figure out what’s worth looking into!

The next episode is going to be the Summer review, and there sure were a lot of surprise pick-ups this last season! If you have anything you want to say about last season, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

Today, it’s time for Xain and I talk about all the anime we watched over the previous season, which ended up being a surprising collection of hits after a sort of lukewarm start! Lots of strong original series were the highlight of the season, though there were a number of good adaptations as well. We also get very hashtag relatable about millennial things!

Our Single Servings this season will be on Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and Ping Pong the Animation! If you have anything you want to say in regards to these particular pieces of media, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

Just in time for Halloween: it’s a horror anime podcast! This time, my old-school anime friend Hobotron joins the cast to talk about the 2000 cult classic Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust! Based on a novel series, Bloodlust was one of the first anime movies brought to the West in order to try and market animation to adults, focusing on dark action and a haunting story. We get together to discuss its effectiveness as a horror film, its lasting value as an older anime movie, and, of course, our live-action casting call!

Our next episode will be on Ping Pong the Animation! If you have anything you want to say in regards to this striking Yuasa-directed series, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

Merry Christmas, Mr. Tsukimoto! For the holiday season, let’s celebrate personal heroes with a discussion of Ping Pong the Animation, with special guest heptameride! One of Masaaki Yuasa’s lesser-known adaptations, Ping Pong combines the unique artstyle of its manga with Yuasa’s flair for animation to create a dynamic and beautiful sports series! Come for the discussion of Smash Bros. and anime, stay for anime’s favorite momma’s boy Kong Wenge.

The next two episodes will be our seasonal coverage as we enter the new year of anime! If you have anything to say about the upcoming season, or the shows you’ve been watching during the fall, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

:siren: WOW, PODCASTS! :siren:

YouTube

MP3 Download

YouTube

MP3 Download

Since I forgot to post the previous episode, it’s time to open the door for 2019 anime while closing it for 2018 anime! We discuss the shows we’re excited for this beginning of the new year, as well as look back on the shows that helped close out 2018.

Our next episode is the Anime of the Year podcast! If you have anything you want to share about 2018 in terms of anime, you can leave questions and opinions here, send them to chorpsawaysa@gmail.com, tweet at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord! See you then!

YouTube

MP3 Download

It’s finally time for us to count down the greatest, and maybe not so greatest, anime of 2018! Joined by JordanKai once again, we spend a staggering four hours going over everything we thought of the previous year of anime, and look forward to 2019 with bright eyes! Was it worth the wait? Absolutely, timeliness be damned.

Our next episode is up in the air after all this scheduling stuff! If you want to keep up to date with what we’re doing this year, follow us at @Cocoa_Disaster on Twitter, or join our fan Discord for further updates! See you then!