Baby, baby, baby, yeah. Let's [REDACTED] Control

At last, it’s time. The Ashtray Maze… and beyond. Way beyond. Beyonder than beyond, and more.

Part 32: Dimensional Research Polsy Youtube Documents Additional Music

I’ve got a few additional things to say about this video, but wait until after you’ve watched it:

First, the song “Take Control” is particularly interesting in context, and is worth listening to in its entirety - the presentation in this scene fits the game well, but doesn’t really capture how well the song fits into the Control universe. It’s a distinct crossover with Alan Wake, presumably written by the band Old Gods of Asgard long before any of the events in Control took place. We will be revisiting this song much, much later, so if you think I’m leaving something out, don’t worry too much just yet. I’ve been working steadily on getting this video, and the next one, just right, as a fitting finale for the main game, and I have something that I believe you’ll really enjoy, so I think it will be worth the wait once I get there. It’s going to be a long video, though, and those who know how the game ends will hopefully understand why there’s no suitable place to split it up. No, the ending in this video is not the end of the game. Not by a long shot, although I suppose it’s pretty close. There’s still a lot to do to wrap everything up. I suppose the ultimate outcome of all of this is that I need to find the time to get everything done, despite a strange mood overtaking me these past few years. Eventually, it will all be finished, podcasts and all, and hopefully, it won’t have suffered from the extended timeline. I want people to remember the bright moments of this whole thing and not get too bogged down remembering the stains.

1 Like

You kind of have to admit that the destruction of pretty much everything and the effective death of the main character is a pretty gripping climax for a story. Of course, this is fiction; we know it’s not going to end that way. There’s a lot I can’t explain about what’s happened up until this point, but I think it’s possible to get a pretty good understanding of the overall plot. Of course, I’ve been at this for a long time, with big gaps between episodes, so many of you probably don’t remember all of the details. So I put a montage of key moments that I think will give you something to think about at the start of the episode. Yes, that’s what took a big portion of the time. It’s also just a long episode in its own right, with a lot of subtleties that I don’t think many people would explore normally. I certainly didn’t, when I beat the game the first time. I do think I understand more than I did, having explored the endgame and edited a video about it, but I don’t want to dump that information on you before you’ve had the chance to watch the video. But it’s a bit late to edit the information in, so I figure I’ll talk about it either in a future video or, if I ever get around to making more of them, a podcast episode. I really do want to do more of those, but on top of the difficulties with getting my thoughts in order, I’ve been sick a lot recently. I keep taking COVID tests and getting negative results, but I still rarely feel like getting out of bed for very long. Oh well. This is all just padding for the main event anyway. Have a look, and I think you’ll agree that this is the only ending there could be.

Part 33: The Thunder Song Distorts You Polsy Youtube Documents

I expect that portions of this video confused you. That’s normal. In light of that, I’ve prepared an aid that should help you understand what you’ve just watched. This video should clarify some of the more confusing moments. I was also shown this very clever music video not long ago, and this is the perfect time in your Control experience to watch it. Meanwhile, I’ll be back with more episodes when I can, and if anyone has an opinion on whether I should proceed to the culmination of the story in the Foundation or detour to the previously closed Investigations Sector to explore the connection to Alan Wake further, let me know. I’ll do both eventually, but each one offers a very different experience, and I don’t think there’s an intended order to them as such. Indeed, Investigations has been available since we completed the Ordinary Dump Site mission.

1 Like