Awful teens in an awful state: Let's play MonsterHearts II!

Hey, I just wanted to share some fanart(?) I made of a couple of scenes!

Hidden for Thread Logistics

First up is Del’s fight with the demon raccoon!

And the dreadful scene that immediately followed!
You Came To The Wrong Neighborhood Son!

3 Likes

The demon raccoons are planning something.

It’s Thanksgiving in America, a time to give thanks for our many blessings. But you know what we’re not thankful for? 9-to-5 jobs.

@Fefnir oversees the destruction of 9-to-5 jobs as we know them in this breather session where we play Millennials Are Killing instead of MonsterHearts.

Listen to it here!

We’ll be playing on Thursday next week because :reasons: but don’t worry. This is an LP I’m actually capable of updating on a regular basis.

Edit:

3 Likes

It’s my first time GMing but I feel everything went horribly well.

I’d also like to remind everyone that @heyboots introduced his character as “the boring one” or something along those lines. Just keep that in mind.

1 Like

I did not know what to expect from this game, and it went places. Places that exist beyond space and time.

3 Likes

Tonight is very special. We’re gonna be playing tonight at 8:30 PM EST so if you wanna watch the stream you can! But it’s also @heyboots birthday this Sunday which means…

He gets a year older. Obviously it’s more important to me than that because Jeff is my best friend so I’ll think of something! Or I won’t and establish myself as Worst Friend. Either way, I’m looking forward to tonight!

We’re streaming now! Join us at https://www.twitch.tv/batilisk

Here’s your weekly update and it’s not late! IT’S STILL FRIDAY SOMEWHERE!
Session 8 Part 1
Session 8 Part 2
Session 8 Part 3
Session 8 Part 4
Session 8 Part 5
Session 8 Part 6
Bonus Video: IT’S JEFF’S BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY (the 3rd of December) and this is an eight minute and thirty second video of us goofing off.

Me:

On Monday I’ll be making a post to explain myself. I think I owe you all an explanation at this point.

2 Likes

Christ, I sound exhausted.

Good. I’m glad that me revealing I don’t actually know what a butcher does closes out one of the episodes. I have met exactly one butcher in real life and he did kill all the animals he butchered. I’m not owned.

I’m not sure which running gag I’m enjoying more: my cross-campaign rivalry with Breadmaster or being punished by saying nice things about one another.

“I will beat up anyone who makes me suffer” Heather says, right before punching herself.

I need to stop planning ahead, I get tunnel vision too easily. I need to work on improvising…

Oh FUCK, I really referenced the Black Eyed Peas out loud?? Well, there’s no recovering from that, even if you forgive every other mistake I made this session. I’ll take my place as The Worst Player now.

We let Holly compliment Soren without making a Turn On roll. We’re slipping.

I can’t believe I accidentally recruited Fefnir into Satanism. I don’t know whether to say “sorry” or “you’re welcome.”

I was actually worried about this session when we recorded it because I was so frazzled, but I think it turned out well! I’m glad we’re such an entertaining team! ^ _ ^

3 Likes

Hey we just noticed someone was actually trying to communicate with us last stream. WE APOLOGIZE WE WEREN’T PAYING ATTENTION AND DIDN’T EXPECT OUTSIDE HUMAN INTERACTION.

But we’re prepared now and we might actually talk to you if you try again. (And we will definitely disappoint you.)

We’re starting soon at https://www.twitch.tv/batilisk and MY INTERNET IS TERRIBLE!

1 Like

OH GOD I FORGOT TO MAKE A POST ON MONDAY!
I’m sorry, I’ll make it now.

Jenner What The Even?

My GM/DMing style is very, um, unique? I have managed to luck into a very good crew of players who I trust and adore and so I’m able to largely leave them to their own devices. But since MonsterHearts is such an emotionally intensive game with such sensitive content I like to keep things a little silly. Using references (sometimes inside references) and anime joke pogs and rat people I keep the game light-hearted and humorous. I try to steer things away from stuff that’s too grim or make jokes about it, which might seem inappropriate or insensitive, but it’s important in a game full of alcoholic suicidal werewolves, demon possessed bisexuals, and murderer ghosts.

When things in the Ryuutama Campaign got a little heavy-hearted I did the same kind of nonsense. In general I like to keep a light hand with my players and give them as much freedom as I can. I feel that a GMs primary goal should be to make sure their players have FUN.

So when you really think about it, EVERYTHING IS ALL THEIR FAULTS.

MANDATORY THREAD PARTICIPATION!

(Not really mandatory.)

Very soon we’re going to be having the Big Game against Rival School Jim Billson High (go Aces!) and then there will be :siren:Homecoming :siren: so please take the time to reccomend terrible songs from your terrible youths which I will smash into a playlist for maximum content strikes on my throw away YouTube account.

I ALREADY HAVE SANDSTORM ON THE LIST.

We’ll be streaming this Monday instead of Wednesday for :reasons: so I’ll see ya’ll then. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

in last night’s monsterhearts game i used magic to gaslight an adult so hard that they committed a murder, forcing the gay conversion camp to shut down completely.

and earlier in the episode I had the audacity to call @Breadmaster bloodthirsty :chuckle:

5 Likes

The question is does Holly get credit for the kill, considering the circumstances around the murder? Also this is the person from the twitch chat.

For a song suggestion for the Big game between rivial schools, would it be to on the nose to suggest Jock Jams from space jam?

1 Like

Holly will never admit responsibility.

1 Like

Holly did nothing wrong.

I just came up with another session idea but it’ll have to wait until warmer weather in-game.

Gotta OUT MY HOBBIES.

1 Like

It is me, the master of the double post. With another episode of MonsterHearts II!
(:tw: Violence, non-consensual touching, creepy adults, arson, gaslighting, death)
Audio Files:
Session 9 Part 1
Session 9 Part 2
Session 9 Part 3
Session 9 Part 4
Session 9 Part 5
Session 9 Part 6
Bonus Video: Not much really going on in this one.

I should have made Jack Val’s fake boyfriend to keep the demon possessed characters together.

2 Likes

I have to say Jenner the humor is nice. With systems that are as dark as Monsterhearts can be, a little humor can help avoid darkness induced apathy.

1 Like

So a few weeks ago I saw this ad on the Metro and I knew what I must do.

That’s right, Guy Fieri was going to be in DC. I had to see him, I had to address this curse that had afflicted my gaming group.

I prepared myself:

My gaming group needed me.
I arrived.

But, my friends, I have bad news.
I have failed you.

He was only there on Saturday, and I couldn’t make it on Saturday because I had other plans.

I’m sorry. I tried.

I got my picture taken with the Geico Gecko instead. However I’m not ready for the amount of internet shame that would come with posting such a picture.

But never question the lengths I will go through for silly internet jokes.

1 Like

Since Jenner’s not going to show the picture, I want to point out that the flameshirt was a children’s XL and she still wore it.

2 Likes

We’re gonna start streaming in about 30ish minutes for anyone who wants to watch this criminal act of nonsense in real time at the same place we always stream. WINKY EMOJI