At 2,000 Pages, This Is Not Your Average Film Script - Let's Play Beyond: Two Souls [Chronologically]

not shrug% unfollowed and blocked good day sir

2 Likes

Nooooooo!!! But, but… Willem Dafoe! I can’t disappoint him, he’s so pure!

1 Like

WILLEM DAFOE WILL UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE AN AWKWARD SIX YEAR OLD THAT ONLY COMMUNICATES IN SHRUGS AND “I DONT KNOW”

3 Likes

Willem Dafoe will understand that the kid only wants to put minimal effort in interacting with this terrible game. Also most males met in the game have been jerks.

This is a trend that will not stop.

update

03 - First Night

lpz 03 uclpz 03 c

It looks like Jodie is just too damn dangerous (and maybe too young) for juvie, so we’re spending a few nights at the DPA too have them… “study” the weird things that have been going on.

3 Likes

Time for a poll!

The next chapter features a sad goodbye to Jodie’s parents, but we are given a choice about how we can say our farewells to our dad, Phillip. So, I’ll let you all decide how we do it.

• Say nothing.
  • Fuck him up!

0 voters

The poll will close just before the next update on 2/6.

That is a hard choice. Mostly cause I really want to pick the one that will result in the most misery for that guy.

1 Like

Fuck em up seabass.

I should actually watch this some point I’m fascinated in seeing it but I know if there’s not a lot of it I’ll immediately lose track of what’s going on.

2 Likes

“It doesn’t look like child abuse…”

Oh yeah, definitely not and the parents don’t fit the profile of abusers at all, especially not the dad.

4 Likes

I understand what David Cage was going with on the whole “it feels like a game over is me saying you didn’t play the game the way I wanted you to play it.” But in doing his games like this he is missing the point of
a) what a challenge is
b) what a video game is
c) how to create a rewarding experience.
If there is literally no reason to interact in these moments, not even in a way it’ll affect later, there is no point in playing the game. He should just make a mini series or something instead. Maybe then the writing and story telling could at least be better.

2 Likes

I have been informed via YouTube that the magazine on the couch in the observation room is actually titled “Hypetown,” and it appears to be a reused asset from Heavy Rain.

1 Like

This seems timely! No direct reference to David Cage, but still.

He reminds me a lot of my mom’s ex boyfriend who was very abusive to her and us so fuck him up good for me.

1 Like

Next week’s update is going to be a “twofer” since the next chapter is only three minutes long… and is 99% cutscene, so you all deserve a little fun as a palette cleanser.

(I also just noticed how borked the double thumbnails look on mobile, but if you just turn your phone to landscape, you can just… not see how bad it looks!)

1 Like

update

04 - Alone

lpz 04 uclpz 04 c

Well, you all voted for this… wow, you all really voted for this, so here it is!!

05 - The Experiment

lpz 05 uclpz 05 c

And because the previous chapter is so dang short, this one’s a double update, and this one’s gonna bring some of that much-needed levity that this game could sure use most of the time.

Now, don’t get to used to young Jodie, because we’re getting close to the first significant time skip in the story…

and that’s when things are going to start seriously slipping downhill.

7 Likes

You know, playing as a poltergeist and scaring the crap out of clueless NPCs is actually a pretty cool premise for a game. I can’t wait to see how badly Cage manages to screw this up.

1 Like

You ever wonder if Aiden just possesses someone and has a cup of coffee or a soda?

As for the dad bit, i’m kind of sad that Aiden didn’t just neck snap that guy.

2 Likes

I wished for more blood and gore…I was severely disappointed by this as well.

There is going to be plenty of blood-filled justice in this game, for sure.

And also plenty that is totally not… “justice” per se, but… it gets a little complicated.

2 Likes