At 2,000 Pages, This Is Not Your Average Film Script - Let's Play Beyond: Two Souls [Chronologically]

I assume the androids are just straight up humans or something in this. Like generic evil corp is cloning people or something.

Its sad how aweful QD is being. Detroit at least seems like a step in the right direction for a David Cage game. It appears things would have consequences of some sort. And while the controls are still bad at least the prompts dont seem too rediculous.

Also, the racism is so on the nose. And a game can handle racism as a subject. And it can be done with white male androids too. But if you bash the head of subtitly to a pulp it stops being thought provoking and instead feels preachy.

That said, this game at least looks interesting. And has potential. Its really sad thst so many have to suffer due to a few people in a company.

1 Like

I am somehow semi interested in this game but at the same time do not wish to fund it.

also I really believe david was like “How can I make a story with shit ass characters with no emotions and not get shat on by the internet…Androids.”

Okay, so since everyone keeps wanting to talk about Detroit: Become Human, I’m going to lay down the law here…

You can totally do that as much as you want. This whole thread has been about dunking on David Cage, why would I stop that now???

This LP is looking like it’ll be done before Detroit’s release, and when I close the thread, I’ll probably have them lock it as well, so get your thoughts out now while you can!!

4 Likes

Well for final thoughts on Detroit!

Are the androids designed to have emotions? Because Connor certainly didn’t seem to have any. But Daniel totally seemed to even before all this happened. So maybe Connor is just one of those “by the book” types? He certainly didn’t seem to care when the mother and captain were robot racist towards him. But I digress.

Are they programmed with emotions? If so, then Daniel’s defect would simply be that he fought back against humans which I imagine is totally not programmed in. Rule’s of AI in stories afterall. But if that isn’t the case, and that they are not programmed with emotions, and his defect is that he is feeling emotions. That’s just not how programming works. If my computer becomes defective it can’t start cleaning my toilet.

Lastly. If they aren’t programmed to feel, then what’s the point in being robot racist? Granted. I can see why the mother may not want an android to go into this situation when an android just killed her husband and taken her daughter hostage. But the police guy certainly doesn’t gain anything from it. That’d be like being passive aggressive to my refrigerator.

1 Like

update

As we dash towards the end of the game, it’s time for the final DOUBLE UPDATE :tada: :tada: :tada:

22 - Briefing

lpz%2022%20uclpz%2022%20c

There isn’t much to say about this chapter other than the fact that we meet some old CIA buddies!!

…and Ryan.

23 - Dragon's Hideout

lpz%2023%20uclpz%2023%20c

Well, what’s one more international incident on our record if they’re just going to expunge everything anyway, right?

Bonus Video

Kazirstan: A Dramatic Reading
kazirstan%20flag

It’s amazing what you can find on the internet these days.

And finally…

Next week it’ll be time for the final story update to this LP, and there is a genuinely major choice that I’m leaving up to the thread. At the end of the game, we’ll be given the option of choosing between two different endings.

You won’t get to choose that.

Instead, you get to choose what sub-endings I show off, so here’s some context:

After Jodie is done taking care of business and saving the world, she’ll want to slow down and live a normal life for once. But there are so many different options based on the lives and experiences we’ve encountered. Who will she live her life with?

Note: You may select up to two choices. The top two will be shown in the LP.

• Walter, Jimmy, Stan, Tuesday, and Zoey
  • Paul, Jay, and Cory
  • Ryan
  • No one

0 voters

This final poll will close on May 6th at 5PM EST/9PM GMT.

Because of the nature of this poll, the update may not be posted until Friday of next week.

3 Likes

I fucking knew that weirdo creep would have a piss scene in this game. He held out for so long, especially given the one where we actually go into a bathroom, but he finally did it. The bingo card is complete. Fucking David Cage.

God Ryan’s a prick aint he. Why should we be the one coming up with a plan all the time? And that sass at the end of the chapter, what an asshole. I doubt he’ll actually die here, but there’s no way in hell he lives.

4 Likes

It’s interesting seeing how Jodie complained that it “hurts like hell” when Aiden is up, like, two flights of stairs in an embassy to having him frolic and cavort lord knows how far off from her (with no apparent strain or discomfort on Jodie’s part) in this most recent installation. I kinda wish they made that a plot point instead of just one of the game’s many inconsistencies w.r.t. Aiden, maybe hinting that they’ve been practicing stretching how far his tether goes, or even having something like that containment field pull his cord out some like overtaxed elastic. It could even have been symbolic of them feeling more autonomous from one another, or trusting each other enough to let go a little, or something as simple as “age goes up, distance goes up.”

Complaining about missed opportunities in this game is fruitless, I know, but aside from people’s shocking lack of common sense (they’re trying to remain stealthy but left their skis outside? gloves keep going missing?) that’s what really stood out to me this entry.

I also love how the NationStates summary format very easily goes completely bonkers whenever someone aims for something even slightly outside the norm. I remember very little about my time on that site save that my national animal was the scorpion, which people apparently kept wanting to eat.

1 Like

So, here’s the thing:

I’ve been meaning to do a video where I show off the proper order of the game once it’s all out there, but I also wanted to show off the definitive bad/evil ending, but that requires an entirely new full playthrough.

Then this happened:
(BTS is free on PS+ this month and this LP has been all on the PS3)

So…

How about this: After the last update drops next week, I’ll do a stream of the entire game, in proper order, while also showing off what all of the really bad decisions look like. Still deciding a time, since it’ll require a good chunk of hours to beat in one go, but Saturday, May 12th looks like it’ll work.

Don’t feel bad if you can’t make the stream or don’t really want to sit through the whole thing again. I don’t blame you.

But I think it’d be a good way to end the LP!

After the next (and last) proper update, I’ll still do a sort of wrap-up of everything anyway just in case people can’t make it to the stream.

2 Likes

So… I guess Jodie somehow had a transceiver that she picked up from the interrogation room while we weren’t looking? Or the others found a way to track where the submarines were? There’s no way Jodie would have been discovered within minutes of getting out of the water to believably not be dead from hypothermia (even several minutes is pushing it though). Her lips were turning blue as she was talking, even.

1 Like

This is a genius idea. Do upload the stream so we can watch it, if we can’t make it. I don’t have to ask that since you do upload streams but it’s worth mentioning just in case.

2 Likes

Oh, I could have sworn I put that in there, but I guess I completely missed it, but yes, there will be VODs of the stream posted to youtube and linked in this thread before it’s closed.

1 Like

I can only assume if anybody picks Ryan it was by mistake.

3 Likes

My soul is ready to some extent and will try to endure this whole adventure once again during the stream. I actually have been trying to recall the actual order of events as they play out throughout the game and I can’t remember. Mostly when the format you have done it in makes the most sense from a story telling point.

1 Like

Don’t forget that you can choose up to two options in this last poll if you want to see another ending!!

Oh I actually missed that, voted!

1 Like

David Cage: “American Imperialism is bad. Also, here’s a level where you kill several dozen generically evil Asian people to save America.”

So even if you treat Ryan coldly throughout the game, he’s still madly in love with Jodie and you can get together with him no matter what your past choices were. I can’t believe that there’s a AAA developer that is even worse at romance writing than Bioware.

At least the monsters were pretty cool.

1 Like

distant maniacal laughter

We aren’t done just yet.

1 Like

Of course, having 2 sets of dialogue depending on your choices would require effort.

Don’t worry, there isn’t. (But QD gets pretty darn close)

1 Like

it does need to be said that the Chinese at least here had the situation far more stabilized with barriers that prevent entity interference. At least until Aiden started smashing things. Additionally to their credit they also didn’t put the facility in the middle of a major city, so if things did go bad it’d at first only be the base.

3 Likes