At 2,000 Pages, This Is Not Your Average Film Script - Let's Play Beyond: Two Souls [Chronologically]

Looks like Quantic Dream is kicking off it’s shitshow early

2 Likes

Not surprised this would happen, but it’s just going to bring more attention to the situation. I’m not French, but as far as I’m aware Le Monde is held in high regard as far as newspapers go and usually do quality work so I don’t see QD having a chance in court. (Unless they made the thing up, which I doubt but stranger things have happened.)

1 Like

Oh also awhile ago I made a note of how if I could draw I’d try and draw Jojo!Jodie. As it turns out I remembered that money solves all problems.

(This is by a friend of my, Hazy by the way, if you’re interested by the way)

5 Likes

Whelp, that’s what I get for expecting even a modicum of decency.

Or like… basic PR skills?!?

1 Like

While I get the next video update together for tonight, I want to let everyone know that I’m going to be streaming the Detroit Become Human demo over at twitch.tv/wottermelon at 7pm EST tonight.

I have no idea how long it’ll be… but I’m not expecting anything good.

1 Like

update

Get ready for another DOUBLE UPDATE!! :tada: :tada:

20 - Old Friends

lpz%2020%20uclpz%2020%20c

It seems that the time to run away has finally come to an end, and we’re going home to see some a face we haven’t seen in a while.

(And with the entire chapter being a conversation, there isn’t commentary in the Cut Commentary version.)

21 - Norah

lpz%2021%20uclpz%2021%20c

The question of where you come from can always be on the back of your mind when you don’t know the answer. Hopefully, though, any answers you find are worth the pain it took to get there…

And with that, it’s… time for another poll??? Already?

Well, just like last time, I’ll give you a rundown of the situation you’re going to be deciding:

Oh no! Jodie had one thing to do and she totally messed up, and now a friend is in danger of being hurt a whole lot if she doesn’t answer some really damaging questions!! Should we cave and give in to our captors? Or should we put our friend in some very real danger?

Also, the friend is Ryan Clayton.

• Answer the question.
  • Stay silent.

0 voters

The poll will close on April 28th at 5PM EST/9PM GMT.

3 Likes

Yeah so…you’re VERY not wrong about the last bit of Norah being out of place. That episode just kinda…ends, out of nowhere. Weird.

But yeah, interesting episodes. That sure was a conclusion to these plot points.

So lots of thing happened these two episodes. Twas good to see cole, really wish they had him more active during that first episode. [spoiler]Probably for the best to kill Nora as it seems like they basically lobotomized her chemically already.

That said Nathan Dawkins having a bond villain office is unfortunate, also has kind of lost it by the looks. I’m rather sad there is no option to call him out about the new condenser, and what a terrible idea it is.[/spoiler] Were we supposed to start caring about Ryan at some point?

The chronological order makes the transition from Jodi leaving the Navajo to beginning the endgame rather awkwardly abrupt.

Nathan’s office seems to take up 90% of the DPA’s floorspace.

Considering Aiden is able to make people feel cold, I would guess he communicated his presence to Cole by giving him a shiver down his spine.

1 Like

I have to wonder how long the time jump is from the Navajo episode till these latest ones.

Norah’s episode seems just kind of thrown in there and doesn’t seem to compel me to care at all but I also have to wonder how much of that could be improved with better writing and if it has anything to do with how disjointed the game is between switching times. Even putting it in order doesn’t fix this issue. I really wish the writing was better and the pacing was better since I think there could be good story elements here.

Also what the fuck Nathan. Like you throwing spirit parties in this office? Why you need it so big dude? Like damn.

1 Like

Nathan’s come down with Bond villain syndrome. Particularly bad case judging by the statues and tiled floor.

1 Like

Oh hey, looks like the top position in the DPA is “supervillain” and you get a complementary office too!

I quite disliked the Norah part of the episode, it sees to be just thrown in there to cause more emotional drama… at least it seems we finally have an end goal in sight.

The way they handled it makes it pretty clear that Jodie’s resolution is, ultimately, second to Aiden’s. This should be an impactfull moment, and it IS, but it’s not as strong as it should be, and is in fact kind of underplayed for the most part. And the big choice of the scene is done by Aiden’s own will, through player interactivity, not Jodie.

1 Like

Posting this here in case you missed the stream last night or you wanted to catch both segments in one video with the PC crash included and everything.

maxresdefault

This demo sure represents the product of a David Cage game, that’s for sure.

…but seriously, if an android eats, does it then poop??

For a given definition of the term, yes.

1 Like

PlayStation Plus users are getting Beyond: Two Souls in May. Yay?

1 Like

Does the game seriously lock you out of conversation options with the captain on replays, assuming I’m reading that flowchart right? Can you start over from the beginning to get the missing information?

Also that poor fish(?) on the floor in the front hall, forever ignored.

1 Like

I assume the androids are just straight up humans or something in this. Like generic evil corp is cloning people or something.

Its sad how aweful QD is being. Detroit at least seems like a step in the right direction for a David Cage game. It appears things would have consequences of some sort. And while the controls are still bad at least the prompts dont seem too rediculous.

Also, the racism is so on the nose. And a game can handle racism as a subject. And it can be done with white male androids too. But if you bash the head of subtitly to a pulp it stops being thought provoking and instead feels preachy.

That said, this game at least looks interesting. And has potential. Its really sad thst so many have to suffer due to a few people in a company.

1 Like