Astrid and the Hollow Heart [CYOA]

Celandine

*How do you respond?

[poll type=regular]

• Tell them your name
  • Lie, say your name is Alice
  • Lie, say your name is Celandine.
    [/poll]Lie votes are counted together

Whatever you choose, you sit on the ground outside the mushroom circle. It isn’t far enough away to be rude but it will be clear to them what you’re doing.

Additionally:

Question time is open
Regardless of your answer above, the fae are willing to respond to any question you have. Most questions are free. Any question that Astrid would understand to be incendiary, insulting or problematic will come up to a vote. Astrid is well traveled and she isn’t stupid but her knowledge of the world isn’t perfect.

Also, feel free to ask questions about what Astrid might know about any given thing, just don’t go nuts with it and ask me like 30 questions in a single post because I’m like, hella lazy.

So what’s up with that emerald light?

Did the fae see anyone pass by since they began their revelry? If so, will they be wiling to tell us about them?

Want some root vegetables?

So, what are you doing here?

You introduce yourself as Celandine and take a seat at the edge of the clearing, just outside the mushroom circle.

Orchid sits back down and chuckles.

“Interesting choice. Appropriate. Well, Celandine, what can we do for you?”

[quote=“Fefnir, post:84, topic:2025, full:true”]
So what’s up with that emerald light?
[/quote]“Deep at the heart of the forest?” Orchid looks at the others, who grimace, “That would be a place you should avoid. A powerful and dark creature resides there, but it had been gone from the forest for quite some time… Until now, I suppose, if you indeed saw that light.”

[quote=“Ferrovore, post:85, topic:2025, full:true”]
Did the fae see anyone pass by since they began their revelry? If so, will they be wiling to tell us about them?
[/quote]“Why yes, actually. Before the sun set. A rather dour looking fellow in a black cloak, carrying a large sack. We asked him to join us but he completely ignored us!”

“Yes, quite the snob, that one.” Rose chimes in.

Orchid continues, “We played a little trick on him, serves him right, snubbing us like that. Who knows where he went, deeper into the forest I suppose!”

[quote=“Jenner, post:86, topic:2025, full:true”]
Want some root vegetables?
[/quote]You offer the fae some of your root vegetables. They politely decline, gesturing to their basket of food.

[quote=“Thesaya, post:87, topic:2025, full:true”]
So, what are you doing here?
[/quote]Juniper fields this one, “We go where we please when we please, to experience all that the forest has to offer. It’s kind of our thing lately.”

“We haven’t decided where to head next, actually.” Conifer says, “I want to go to the Theatre, but Rose wants to see the Tranquil Fountain. We’ll have to decide once we run of of wine.”

They all take a long swig from their wine skins when Conifer says the word wine.

1. (To all) Where’s the best place to find lost things?
  2. (To all) What’s the best and most reliable way to navigate this forest?
  3. (To Juniper and Cypress) Do you have a favorite song?
  4. (To all) Any of you smoking hot faeries DTF?

[quote=“Jenner, post:89, topic:2025”]
Where’s the best place to find lost things?[/quote]“That really depends what you’ve lost. We could definitely help with that sort of thing though… but such help wouldn’t be without a cost.” Orchid looks thoughtful, “Some sort of trade perhaps?”

What’s the best and most reliable way to navigate this forest?
[/quote]“Keep your secrets close to your chest and don’t go following every tantalizing temptation you come across. I’m afraid there’s no map that will help you in these woods. Otherwise you seem the capable traveller, you’ll be fine if you keep your wits about you.”

Do you have a favorite song?
[/quote]Cypress’ fiddle morphs before your eyes into a guitar and they both begin to play you a song.

God damn it Jenner. :expressionless:

1 Like

[spoiler]I lied they actually sing this song

https://youtu.be/oTlzUpmp8sY[/spoiler]

1 Like

1: What matter of things might a mortal have that are of value to the fae?
2: Our mirror at home was broken. What do we look like to them?
3: Would assistance with the pursuit of a dark, mysterious figure be a sufficiently exciting diversion before hitting the Theatre or the Fountain?

Instead of giving them that much information about us, perhaps just ask: How would you describe us?

Omg the instruments can transform. My fellow adventurers… we gotta snatch one.

Continuing Operation Ludicrous:

"If we are trading, than I am already behind. As you’ve just played me a song while I have only given you conversation. I can trade you in labor, I have this fine shovel and a fine and able body. I can dig some ditches or use any manner of tool you’ll loan me to whatever ends is fair in exchange for answers. Additionally, perhaps I can play you a song as well? I have no instrument with me but I can play the:

[poll]

• Flute
  • Drums
  • Bass
  • Accordian
  • Saxophone
  • Violin
  • Tuba
  • (Other, please specify)[/poll]

(OUT OF CHARACTER ZONE)

Well? Can we fuck these fairies or not?! :colbert:
(END OUT OF CHARACTER ZONE)

I voted other, and my vote is for Astrid having mastered the kazoo.

[quote=“Ferrovore, post:92, topic:2025”]
What matter of things might a mortal have that are of value to the fae?
[/quote]Orchid smiles, “Nothing dire don’t worry, the currency of our kind is information. The rarer, the more valuable. You share with us and if it is indeed precious, it is quite the payment.”

They pause for a second, “The value is in the rarity, the more widely a tidbit of knowledge is known, the less valuable it is.”

You understand that they wouldn’t be taking any knowledge from you here, only sharing in it.

What do we look like to them?
[/quote][quote=“Jenner, post:93, topic:2025”]
How would you describe us?
[/quote]Rose walks up to you and leans down to inspect you closely. "What an odd question! Well, you are clearly a human woman, and…

What does Astrid look like? Point out a couple details.

Would assistance with the pursuit of a dark, mysterious figure be a sufficiently exciting diversion before hitting the Theatre or the Fountain?
[/quote]The four fae look at each other and discuss for a several moments in their language. Juniper sets down her instrument and looks at you seriously, “We surely aren’t as capable as you at such things. We are not adventurers. But perhaps we could aid you in some less direct way?”

You, Jenner, can do whatever you want in life, friend.

1 Like

They can aid us by making with the sex.

Okay it’s not funny any more and it probably was only briefly funny at best.

:kissing_closed_eyes::ok_hand:

I absolutely knew you were going to post the bisexual haircut image Jenner.

1 Like

Astrid should definitely have some nicks and scars. Y’know, from farm stuff. Farm scars. Also, lavender-colored hair.

Ask for some beer. It can be drunk or used in something flammable. Two handy uses!

We should ask about the green light, terrain and eventual points of interest in the forest ahead and in return, make them ask you questions before offering any information for free.

Hold back on mentioning memory loss and anything too big as long as possible, we want some really good information in return for that.

Also, I feel we would have more than a few scars since we miss our sword and wasn’t always a farmer. Also, we would be wiry and sunburnt, both from previous life and farming.

Do you want to share information with the fae in exchange for their assistance?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

What information are you willing to share and what do you want in exchange?