Are Music Files Necessary for SSLP?

From many SSLP I read, the threads or posts always contain embedded music players. I understand that it is a nice feature to enable the LP readers to enjoy the music, particularly in tie with scenes, while reading through the posts. Thus my question: is the inclusion of these music files necessary for a SSLP? Do I need to get the music files first for the game that I want to LP?

I know there exists method to extract music files after dumping the game. I’m not very good with tech stuffs and the whole process is full of code or commands that are beyond my forte. I’m referring to a 3ds game if that’s any help to clarify my question.

Thanks for taking time to read through this post and any feedback is much appreciated for my first post here :slight_smile:

I mean, you could always link to YouTube rips of the soundtrack if you don’t want to extract the files. I assume most people just take a downloadable version of the OST and reupload it to Tindeck anyways.

But no, it’s not wholly necessary. I don’t think people mind too much one way or the other, but if the music is worth showcasing I think it’d be good to link to the tracks.

Music’s kind of a bonus, really. If you really like the game’s music in general, it can’t hurt to link it. If it’s kinda bland, skipping it would be no problem. If nothing else, you can just post a few links of the best songs and skip the rest.

In the end, it’s whether you think adding the music to the LP would be worth the extra effort required to add it. Of course, once you have the music and a suitable host, the hard part is done and all you have to do is upload it and maybe keep track of URLs if you’re going to post the link multiple times (not that you have to, of course, but I usually post whatever song is playing at that moment of gameplay in my LPs and having a text file of the song names and URLs comes in handy for that).

Thanks for the reply, it’s nice to know that it’s not a compulsory feature. Since this game is adapted from anime, it doesn’t have much resources available in the Internet. I’ll see if I can do the extraction, if not I’ll just give it a go and see how the things turn out.

I always enjoy game music so I don’t know if people are going to feel less attached without the OST for scenes. Anime-adapted game usually doesn’t have much resources available so I will attempt the extraction first. Thanks for your reply.