Allucaneet Buffet, 599 Dran - Let's Play Brave Fencer Musashi

I’m gonna miss Musashi’s old wood sandals. the L-Shoes don’t make that nice clak-clak sound.

1 Like

Update #14

Today marks the start of a new chapter, but things aren’t looking too good for Grillin’ Village. Will they ever catch a break? Meanwhile, Fores once again proves that he’s fully capable of maintaining Steamwood.

A New Crisis? The Princess Visits the Village!

Misc. Artwork
Chapter 5 Cover

Charaters

Tim & Mint

The son of Hilda (owner of the Grocery Shop), Tim (left) is a rambunctious boy with a lot of big ambitions. His dream of conquering big adventures lands him in sticky situations on occasion. The daughter of Hotelo, Mint (right) is Tim’s loyal friend and join him in his adventures.

Mayor McGoven
Grillin’ Village’s leader, Mayor McGoven always has a task for Musashi to complete. Although at times it may seem that he leans on Musashi too much, his concern for his village is genuine.

Ben, Ed, & Topo (Leader’s Force)
Topo (Right), the mouse-eared dancer, loves raves music and declares herself the leader of the trio. Ed (middle) and Ben (left) also claim to be the head of Leader’s Force, but instead of dance parties, they prefer to steal precious items from Allucaneet’s citizens.

1 Like

The decision to change Ed’s speech from fast-talking Kansai dialect to stuttering baffles me to this day. Steamwood is everyone’s favorite BFM trauma, but double-jump just trivializes round 2, IMO. I always run around collecting all the valves before I start.

Update #15

With the money crisis averted, Musashi continues his search for the next scroll; but where the heck is it!? Meanwhile a new problem is on the rise, and its name starts with a ‘P’ and ends with ‘soup’. Also a new toy update.

Again, sorry for taking so long to get this update out. Luckily the school semester is over so I won’t have constant assignment deadlines looming over my head while I work on this. During this time between updates, I gave Musashi: Samurai Legends another try in hopes it would emulate better, it doesn’t, and all I took away from it was an itch to make an AMV of all things. (See below.)

Damp Tunnels? Let’s Find the Next Scroll!
Bonus Video #3
Bonus Video #4: Musashi Electric Legends

1 Like

I’m ashamed to admit I didn’t know the Wind Scroll worked just by holding down the button. I thought I had to mash the button, because mashing the button makes everything better.

1 Like

Update #16

Welcome back to Brave Fencer Musashi! Last time, the Gondola Office was under attack by a giant ant! Luckily, Musashi used some lateral thinking to do significant damage to the monster. Severely wounded, the ant retreats to a nearby vent and barely escapes. Musashi decides to follow it to ensure that it won’t be coming back anytime soon. What lies at bottom of this ventilation shaft? Find out today!

A Horrible Infestation! Let’s Battle in the Abandoned Mine!

Misc. Artwork
Queen Ant

1 Like

Wow, they made up for a bland little area with a rather visually impressive and hectic little minigame and one of the most mechanically involved bosses we’ve seen so far. (man it’s a kinda horrifying design, I like it!)

Also did you go through that entire dungeon again just to show that minigame from start to finish? You absolute madman, I love this LP.

Technically yes because I always run through every section of each update numerous times to ensure I have all the footage I need; but the real secret is that I use savestates a lot. (Oddly enough I recorded the cart section first, because I knew I would have to practice it a bunch of times to get it right.)

Update #17

Today is the beginning of the end as we move into the final chapter. Things are gonna really ramp up as Musashi throws down with Thirstquencher Empire one last time in hopes of saving the Princess. But before we get into any of that Musashi still needs to find the final scroll and complete Lumina. Where could the Sky scroll be hiding? Find out right now!

Musashi Takes to the Skies! Let’s Find the Last Scroll!!

Misc. Artwork
Chapter 6 cover
Soda Fountain

2 Likes

I can’t help but wonder if you intentionally left the last absorbed power as Acid for that scene or not.

Nice.

1 Like

Heaven help me, I’m actually getting a little psyched up to see the resolution. A lot of the music in this latest chapter was great.

I like to use the Rumparoni-SP in place of running when there are lots of enemies around. It just feels good to use.

Update #18

Musashi begins his assault on Thirstquencher’s Soda Fountain! Today, he navigates the lower areas, and even has a run-in with Leader’s Force. Will Musashi come out victorious, or will this lead to his demise? Find out right now!

Also, the two remaining updates are gonna come out a little quicker than usual as I’ve already recorded most of the footage (minus some B-roll) for those videos.

Attack on Soda Fountain! Musashi Vs. Leader’s Force!! Part 1

1 Like

Fashionably late to find this LP. Thankfully the section coming up is also my favorite part of the entire game, so I am in anticipation. Please do keep up the great work.

Update #19

After running through some puzzle mazes, Musashi works his way to the Soda Fountain Courtyards where security is at its tightest. Musashi will have to fight through wave after wave of Thirstquencher’s strongest in hopes of reaching the Princess. Will he make it? Or is this the end for our hero?

Also LP curses amirite? Soon after posting the previous update I got really sick and couldn’t record commentary. (I’m still a little sick now.) And unfortunately once I get sick it takes a good while before I even start to feel better. Anyways just wanted to let ya’ll know what happened to me, and why I ended up sticking my foot in my mouth on saying updates would be quicker.

Attack on Soda Fountain! Musashi Vs. Leader’s Force!! Part 2

Also, now that we’ve seen every common enemy in the game here’s a bestiary to categorize all of them.

Bestiary
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

2 Likes

This boss fight is my favorite music track in the game. It’s so simple, but effective, and a nice change of pace from the hectic action of the finale (unless you have a poor memory).

I like the battle through the gardens. It’s the first place in the game where you can really cut loose. Further, it has what I feel is one of the best tracks in the game.

Update #20

With the defeat of Leader’s Force, nothing else stands in Musashi’s way except Flatski and his right-hand man, Capricciola. Soon after her defeat, Topo mentioned that the final Chest Guardian can be found here in Soda Fountain. But the million Dran question has to be, “What exactly does the Thristquencher Empire want with Lumina, and why would they actively help Musashi complete it?” This hero’s adventure is coming to a close, but what twists and turns still remain in store for Musashi? Find out right now!

And with that, this LP is finished. In the end, I still adore this game for what it is. A fun and robust game with a simple and easy to follow story that doesn’t takes itself too seriously. Thank you everyone who has stuck around for as long as it took for me to put this whole thing together. It’s been a blast.

The Legendary Brave Fencer Musashi
Bonus Video #5
Bonus Video #6

Misc. Artwork
Flatski
King Allucaneet
Queen Allucaneet
Credits Art #1
Credits Art #2
Credits Art #3
Credits Art #4
Credits Art #5
Credits Art #6
Credits Art #7
Credits Art #8
Credits Art #9
Credits Art #10
Credits Art #11
Credits Art #12

1 Like

@moderators This LP is done, but leave it open for commenting.

This has been a very strange 2 and a half months for Musashi. Thanks for the LP!