Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

Kirby time! Or rather… Helper Time!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star Ultra [2] Help Me Help You

Video Length: 17:04

In this episode, we tackle Helper 2 Hero, a fun little game mode where you play as one of the Helpers, going through a miniture, Revenge fueled arena. The final challenge is a fun little surprise that I quite like, and much like the original Super Star before it, is something that will get carried into the future into the more modern Kirby games. We also check out the touch based minigames, which are uh… not as good as the original minigames, for a variety of reasons.

Full disclosure; I was honestly really tempted to do what Blue suggests in this one and have him do Helper 2 Hero. It’s a good damn gag and I uh, wish I had thought of it! But at the recording time we didn’t have much time to do stuff and waiting for the game to get to him would have taken too long. Aah well. So it goes.

1 Like

Oh man! We’re back with Kirby finally!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star Ultra [3] Knightly Fights

Video Length: 21:20

In this episode, we start Metaknightmare Ultra, the huge marathon mode of every main Super Star game. Metaknight is our guide, hacking and slashing through scores of enemies, all while gathering up power his his rad sword, the Galaxia. In this one, we cover Spring Breeze and Dynablade. Hope you all enjoy, we’ll see you all next time!

Onwards and upwards!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star Ultra [4] Fightly Knights

Video Length: 24:18

In this episode, Metaknight cleaves his way through the Great Cave Offensive, then spends an afternoon destroying his own air ship. You know, like you do.

Topic of interest from the video I’m explicating pointing out; playing as the Meta-Knights! I stand by every power combo I say except Mace Knight would be Yoyo/Stone and Axe Knight would be Hammer/Cutter. I forget when I realize that is the actual real play for them, but I do at some point and I’m shouting it out for completions sake. I still also really WANT to play as the Meta-Knights, it’d be rad as hell.

But yeah. That’s that done. Next time, the finale of Metaknightmare Ultra. Hope to see you then!

1 Like

We return… for one last dash of Meta Knight!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star Ultra [5] Galacta Knight

Video Length: 29:22

In this episode, we finish off Metaknightmare Ultra, slicing through the planets of Milky Way Wishes, and going all the way to the rebuilt Intergalactic Super Nova to ask for… the most “I am the rival character” request of all time; give me the strongest opponent possible. And so it happens; Galacta Knight, this angelic lance using warrior of unparalleled skill, speed, strength, and boss music. He is the “hard mode” Meta Knight fight, ala Masked Dedede and Wham Bam Jewel, and he is probably my favorite of these guys. Everything about him oozes intensity and I love it, and as a contrast to Meta Knight’s mysterious mask and bat like wings, it honestly rules.

There are many theories as to who Galacta Knight is. Is he a possible future for Meta Knight if he goes too hard? Is it a bad future Kirby? Is it a third, mysterious fluffy orb person like Kirby and Meta? Or could it be the future of another foe we’ve yet to see? Who is to say… and given as of Return to Dreamland the people in charge of Kirby have been VERY into crafting giganticly huge Deep Lore stuff about Kirby, I imagine we’ll actually find out at some point. Especially given… other things, which we will cover when we cover them.

With that done… I hope you all enjoyed. Next time, we finally put an end to Super Star and Super Star Ultra.

1 Like

Kiiiirby!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star Ultra [6] The True Arena

Video Length: 29:31

In this, our final episode of Super Star and Super Star Ultra… we take on the True Arena. The hardest challenge, featuring all of the new bosses, including Dedede’s Revenge, Wham Bam Jewel, Galacta Knight and, in a series first… Marx Soul, a unique boss hidden behind the hardest challenge. I did it the way I did it, and I hope you all enjoyed.

But with that done, Super Star Ultra is now concluded, as is this LP! It was, as said in the Super Star Normal ending… basically just pure fun. Even here, at the hardest, I was having a lot of good times. Kirby is a series that, no matter how hard it gets, never ceases to entertain, I feel, and this was their first real step into doing something Ridiculous difficulty wise. I think it paid off. So yeah, that’s it for this. If you wanna continue supporting me, tomorrow at 12:30 we’ll be streaming Sly Cooper, for real! And then on Monday… it’s time to begin Majora’s Mask. Hope to see you there.

Fun note: final recording time was roughly 1 hour 56 minutes.

@Admods this one is done, it can go home.