Double Gears, Double Time, Double... Attack Power, I Guess - Let's Play the Classic Mega Man Games

Part 9: Fort Ego

Proto Man’s Robot Masters have been defeated, but much like Dr. Wily and Dr. Cossack before him, Proto Man himself has an entire fortress to bar Mega Man’s advance. So, as always, it’s time for Mega Man to storm another castle. But surely, with Proto Man being the only villain, this will be the last castle Mega Man must breach.

1 Like

Part 10: Brother From Another Scientist

Most of Proto Man’s Castle has been overcome, and Mega Man’s battle against his brother looms ever closer. To save Dr. Light, Mega Man must defeat this scarfless robot, with a now-notably-terrible whistle. But can Mega Man bring himself to point his buster at family?

1 Like

Part 11: Budget Fort

Well what do you know, it turns out Wily was the real villain. And he had his own fort built a mile away from the Proto Man one.

Guess we’ll go beat up an old man again.

1 Like

Part 12: Dr. Wily’s Seventh to Last Stand, Perhaps

Mega Man approaches the end of Wily’s fortress, and you know what that means: boss refights and a Wily Machine await. With Proto Man’s reputation at stake, Mega Man will surely give it his all in this battle against Wily.

Or maybe he’ll just have a robot bird do the job for him. Who knows.

1 Like

See you, space robot.

A new threat has appeared to attack the Earth, but this time it’s not Wily… no but seriously, it isn’t. See there’s this robot named Terra, right? And he didn’t mention Wily once, so there’s no way they’re connected. Anyway, Terra and his group of Stardroids have invaded Earth, and even Mega Man seems powerless to stop them. At least until Dr. Light arms Mega Man with… the Mega Arm. Equipped with this powerful new weapon, Mega Man must square off against the Stardroids and stop their leader, Terra.

The Game Boy Mega Man games (known as the Rockman World games in Japan,) were mostly remixed versions of the NES classic games. They mixed half of one game’s Robot Masters with half of the next game’s, (for example, four Robot Masters from MM1 and four from MM2, the last four from 2 and four from MM3, and so on,) and remixed their corresponding levels. Mega Man V, however, is different. This game focuses on a completely new set of bosses, named the Stardroids. Their themes focusing on the planets of our solar system makes them unique amongst the other boss sets of the series, and really sets Mega Man V on its own compared to the rest of the GB Mega Man games. Which is why I’m playing this game and not the rest of the Game Boy games: I love how unique this game is, even if it isn’t my favorite game in the series to play.

Part 1: The Face of Mercury

The Stardroids begin their attack on Earth, and now that he’s equipped with a new charged shot, Mega Man must leap in and save the day. First in the solar system and on the kill list is Mercury. And despite being a robot, Mercury can enter a liquid-ish state if he wants. So he’s like a cat in that manner.

1 Like

Part 2: Mars Attacks

Mega Man is no stranger to robots who are 80% weapons, which is good because Mars is next on the docket, and he may be more tank than Robot Master. Once again, Mega Man must brave a factory in order to defeat his next foe.

1 Like

Part 3: Lay Down Your Weary Neptune

Mega Man boards Neptune’s battleship. How Neptune managed to get a boat in Earth’s ocean, none can say. But it’s loaded with weapons, so Mega Man has to fight his way through to do battle with the Stardroid. You know, the usual Monday thing.

1 Like

Part 4: Venus Bot Trap

The invasion of Earth is just about finished, but there’s one more Stardroid for the road: Venus. This time, Mega Man will be accompanied by a rad-as-hell theme. He probably can’t hear it, but you can. And hopefully you enjoy it on the road to beating up this nerd.

edit: I keep forgetting to include this very important screenshot I got a few weeks ago!

Managed to capture the view count at its Nicest.

1 Like

Part 5: Dark Blue Interlude

All four Stardroids have been defeated, which means it’s time for the final battle with Terra!

… provided he doesn’t have four other Stardroids under his command, but that would be ridiculous. There aren’t even four more planets in this solar system they could be named after!

wait when did they think pluto was a planet? 1930 to 2006? ah heck.

1 Like

Part 6: Hertz of Jupiter

It’s time to finally fulfill the thread title and set out for space! Mega Man leaves to fight Jupiter on Jupiter, which can only mean one thing… that’s right, it’s time to somewhat acknowledge the time it takes to travel between planets!

And then we can get to the fireworks factory fight Jupiter.

1 Like

Part 7: Shanking Saturn

Mega Man moves on to Saturn, which means it’s time for gravity gimmicks! And flashing screens. Gotta be careful of those.

1 Like

Part 8: Look.

Today, Mega Man arrives on a planet with a very mispronounced name, to fight Uranus. Make your jokes about this Stardroid being the butt of the joke while you can, because while he is bulky, Mega Man is as determined as always to take down his foe. And with this being the second-to-last Stardroid, Mega Man can’t let hardiness get in his way.

1 Like

Part 9: Cat Pluto

At last, there is one Stardroid remaining… other than Terra, but like. He’s the main one, he’s hiding. Instead, here’s Pluto, who is a cat. I guess we saved the cutest one for last?

1 Like

Part 10: Terra Part

At long last, Mega Man has defeated the Stardroids, and may now return to Earth. Of course there are a few stops he needs to make on the way for the sake of an upgrade, but after that? It’s finally time to stop Terra’s plan for good.

Although one has to wonder where the boss rush is…

1 Like

Part 11: Dr. Wily’s Seventh To Last Stand Again Now That We’ve Added This Game

It’s that time again. Wily hasn’t shown his face, but he has shown his giant space fortress, which is the next best thing. This time around, though there’s no map or split between stages. It’s all one big trek to the boss-refight room, and some old faces (if you’ve actually seen the earlier Game Boy games) are ready to bar the way.

1 Like

Part 12: Sunstar

Most of Wily’s base has been cleared, but of course the Stardroids, (minus Terra) have been revived as a final defense against Mega Man. As always, Wily has a big robot prepared for a fight after the boss rush has been cleared, but this time around he may have another trick up his sleeve…

1 Like

Part 1: Robot From the 20xx Shogunate

Roll starts her battle close to home, as she takes on Yamato Man! Roll’s first fight promises to be a challenge as she must breach his fortress with nothing but her buster. Or maybe it’s about as difficult as a normal Mega Man stage and I’m just exaggerating for dramatic effect. Won’t know ‘till we try!

1 Like

Part 2: Wind Jammer

He may not be the knight of the wind, but he is a Robot Master with relative mastery of it. But today, Roll will be testing just how far that mastery goes as she heads off to China to face him.

… Unless the Robot Masters aren’t hanging out in their respective countries, in which case… I guess this would be a Vegas-esque replication of China? Roll needs to stop teleporting everywhere and commute by foot so I can tell where she is.

1 Like

Part 3: Claim to Flame

Sooooooooo, when I mentioned the Punch-Out levels of stereotypes? I mostly meant this guy. So there’s that. Anyway, Flame Man. He’s the fire boss.

1 Like

Part 4: Taur de Force

Roll is off to Greece to fight Centaur Man! Given this one’s got time-stopping powers, it’s likely he’ll be pretty tough. Certainly one of the most bet-on Robot Masters of the tournament, before it was revealed that was all a setup.

1 Like