Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

Wow, I wasn’t expecting the computer to get Mario Party’d.

1 Like

Truly no one is safe from the power of Mario Party. Not even in the bonus game modes.

1 Like

It’s finally here. The final mutliplayer board. Bowser Nightmare. A decent board when it’s actually the full thing and not in story mode. It does a really good job of feeling like his castle, something I think the other Mario Party games haven’t tried to do up to this point. It’s a nice change of pace, and actually fits the style of dreams. Especially the little details around.

It is also the final week of Mario Party 5. So make sure to get in those final votes. As always with the last vote, you have less time to get them in. Votes will only be counted until 5:00pm Thursday July 5th UTC-7.

1 Like

I think I’m going with Calli for this one, as Michael’s kinda been getting Mario Partied on this stage.

1 Like

It hasn’t really been just this stage. Mario Party has dialed it up to 11 on both of us lately.

1 Like

Less than 24 hours for the final votes to come in.

If you squint your eyes, Bowser’s Nightmare could almost be Toy Dream. A simplistic layout of four paths around the board with a handful of happening spaces and not much else. Fitting for the last board as a parallel to the first one, but Bowser boards previously would swap all blue and red spaces, or walk a parade through the board to take everybody’s coins and push them back to the start, or had Bowser actually waiting to kill somebody, and would generally be obnoxious to move around because of constantly changing path splits or loads of happening spaces that jumped you to the other side of the map. These features of the boards were annoying, yes, but they did at least give the board some personality. In their efforts to make a board that is actually well-structured to move around and doesn’t trap people in repeating paths or coin-draining paths for an age, the developers sacrificed anything recognisable, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the next game doesn’t have a dedicated Bowser board.

Considering there hasn’t been a battle game yet, I suspect there will be a battle game somewhere in the last ten turns. However the monstrous amount of coins dumped onto everyone at the beginning of the game will mean that Calli’s coin total won’t be challenged, even if someone else wins the minigame star. As penance for DK giving players two clear boons back-to-back on his own board, Bowser will punish Toad or Low-Fat Koopa in some way. Calli cleans up another star on the board to go along with her bonus for the win. Wario collects a relatively small, yet respectable amount of coins, and endures no ire from Bowser or the party gods for his acceptable ambitions.

1 Like

Hoo boy, this one’s a liiiiitle close. I still think Calli’s got this in the bag, because she’s got a decent lead on bonuses. I don’t think Michael or Toad are too far from the minigame lead, but Calli will probably retain that. And if Happening doesn’t go unchallenged, that’ll probably shake up the coin lead too much for anyone to surpass that.

1 Like

Hey guys. We are a little behind on uploading the video today but it should be up in an hour or so.

Here is the final episode of Mario Party 5 where Calli makes the thumbnail, tags everything, and struggles to not kill Michael for his disorganized desktop…and thats not even the actual episode.

2 Likes

I did this! Me! Praise me! I am now the overlord of Mario Party!

3 Likes

Well, I suppose I got it right. But this considering how it played out, I’d say this episode warrants:

Also, hell yeah. Bronze and the ability to make a spirit bomb out of bonus stars? I’d say that’s acceptable.

1 Like

1 Like

So let’s get this party started! We’re now on to Mario Party 6. Oh how far we’ve come. And for the first time since Mario Party 2, we’re beginning with the mutliplayer boards! So let’s head into the trees and collect ourselves some stars, and don’t forget to vote on who you think is going to win this board.

1 Like

While it’s most likely that Toadette will win, I still have faith in Calli to pull off a victory.

And as for tone, it seems like you two are at least having fun with 6 as opposed to 5.

1 Like

I think we are for sure having more fun with 6 then we did with 5. There are still times where you get mario partyed and are like ugh why but I think there are just some things about the future Mario Parties that we just don’t like and thats just how it is.

I would agree that we’re enjoying 6 a lot. We’ve recorded quite a bit of the game now and haven’t been having a bad time at all. Even with the change in difficulty.
Today is the last day for voting as well. Make sure to get them in. Remember, there is a point to getting first in the voting game, it just won’t be revealed what its for for a long time yet.

1 Like

Man, I’m late with this one. But since the next video hasn’t been uploaded yet, I’ll go with Calli on this one. Toadette’s got a really good lead, but Calli’s close enough to the next star that I think the bonuses will put her over in the end.

Mario Party 6 is probably the one I’ve played the most next to Mario Party DS, so a lot of the minigames are ones I’m familiar with and like a lot.

And now we conclude our time in the trees. I actually really enjoy this map. I think the happening space interactions are good, the tree itself is fun, and it’s easy to get around. The night and day version of this map is also really cool. The flowers opening up and revealing different paths is great. Especially since it makes one side of the board shorter or longer depending on whether it’s night of day.

1 Like

I blame Michael for Toadette’s victory. He did land on that Happening space and give her both of Boo’s stars.

1 Like