Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

It’s a tournament in here! What can you all expect from this round? Well, its a pretty short video so I think you understand how it ended up going. We’re getting really close to the end here. Not very many weeks left, I hope everyone is excited for how all of this is going to end. I can’t wait to see how the votes end up going.

2 Likes

It’s sweet enough here that just looking at the board is giving me a cavity. I really like this board. I enjoy the layout and I really like the aesthetic. All the cakes and sweets are fun and use creatively, and if you put me in front of this board I’d probably eat all of it. Sadly we can’t. But what we can do is walk all over it and get some stars. And… oh boy. Just you wait. You’re gonna have to vote. So vote well. Michael, Calli, or one of the Computers?

1 Like

Michael’s been doing consistently good in these boards.

1 Like

This week, I’m gonna vote for Calli, and it’s totally not because she gave me a shoutout in the video, nope, no way, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

pat pat
It’s because I am the most amazing at the Mario Parties.

DS didn’t have any desert themed stages, which is strange considering it would have been a really good fit for that game. They stuck really closely to the whole “everyone is tiny” gimmick.

I’m voting for Michael. Now to watch him immediately faceplant in front of that star at the start of the next video.

1 Like

Things are about to get very interesting, so make sure to get those votes in.

1 Like

I think they were going with the small theme. So you had a library, a garden, etc. Places that are easily accessible as you travel to get to Bowser. I also feel like Nintendo was trying to do something different with the DS Mario party since they usually try to be innovative with their games. So I’m sure they wanted to try to stay away from stages they have done before.

Did someone say something about a group getting together for a big, choreographed dance number? That’s close enough for me to bust out my favourite High School Musical (2) song that also is very, very unambiguous flirting/foreplay:

Sweet Dream(s are made of these) has the same issue Future Dream has, where multiple sections look way too similar to be able to immediately distinguish where someone or something is without zooming out. There are three similar cakes on the bottom level, two chocolate cakes in the middle, two sections of cake slices lined up, and it all just blends together, which is unfortunate, considering it’s such a colourful, sugary delight. Compare it to the visual language of Peach’s Birthday Cake. Which, to be fair, never diverged, but it was still easy to tell where you were because more of the board was visible and your position was always relative to a fixed point, the star in the middle.

Considering the computers keep on landing on Chain Chomp and Luigi has stars and Michael has a decent chance of hitting the star at the start of his next turn here and Calli and Toad are tied in happening spaces and Michael is doing pretty well at minigames and Mario Party is a Goodly Designed Video Game…Michael will probably win and Calli will probably be just so done.

1 Like

Aren’t they wearing each other’s clothes in the next scene too?

Anyway, who is ready for Mario Party to Mario Party harder than it’s ever Mario Party’d for us before? Because I know I am. Final thoughts on Sweet Dream. It can be difficult to know where you are, but I wasn’t having so much trouble keeping track of positions this time. Not like Pirate or Future dream. The visuals are at least appealing this time, so even if I don’t entirely know where I am I can at least enjoy the view. The happening spaces this time at least have more life than the previous as well.

2 Likes

I love you. You are one of my best friends. Stop calling me out on my bullshit. :wink:

See, when I voted for Calli, it was because I thought, “Well, I know what the standings are, but Mario Party 5 has been throwing so much random bullshit, I bet the standings will get reversed somehow.”

And sure enough, there was some bullshit, but I still didn’t see it coming.

1 Like

Yeah there has been a lot of twists and turns with this Mario Party. I can see why people would like it but it’s just not my favorite Mario Party. I find the mini games to be more about chance then the other Mario Parties. Yes there were chance games in the other Mario Party games but I think this one has more of it. At least that is what it feels like.

Maybe that’s why I feel like this game has taken on more of a roller coaster then the others.

Play of the Game goes to Calli for tricking Michael into not going on the path to two guaranteed stars and instead on the path to one guaranteed star for the promise of additional riches, which ultimately led to him losing his ability to steal a star from an opponent.

1 Like

Im sorry, what happened? Im gonna have to go back and look at that.

But anyway. Today its time to channel our inner Yugi because its time to d d d d d d duel. Except not with cards. Its with cars. A really cool addition to this game that I think is a lot of fun. If not a little bit hard.

But also its time to vote. Next time it is actually gonna be a card game so get the votes on for Michael, Calli, or the computers.

If I remember what the next mode is, I’m gonna go with Calli. I’m expecting Michael to get Mario Party’d.

1 Like

I’ll go with Calli too. Getting tired of voting for Michael.

1 Like

Thank you thank you. 7 years of marriage has made it easy for me to manipulate Michael into doing what I want. Including skipping the best path for stars.

Make sure to vote to secure those placements into the finals.

It’s a Card Party. Everyone make sure you brought your decks with you, because it’s time to throw down. Actually though, this is a pretty fun mode. Feels like a game I could actually have and play in real life. Speaking of I would just like to plug my kickstarter… nevermind. Enjoy this game of cards and dice, something that is surprisingly fun to play.

2 Likes