Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

I don’t think enough bonus stars can be taken from Calli for her to lose, so I’ll just go with her. But it’s Mario Party 5, so who knows. Bonus Stars are riskier now.

1 Like

cackles to myself with future knowledge

Not much longer till voting will be closed. Make sure to get your votes in so you can get ahead for a game win in the end.

1 Like

Fight Cards, for the Mario Party player who thought that somehow Look Away from Mario Party 2 was a) a good game, and b) too favourable to the one player. Fortunately, Squared Away might be one of my favourite Mario Party games. It’s a simple retooling of a previous minigame and quite well-balanced. And in Revolving Fire, for some reason after the first ground pound the one player needs to ground pound twice for each lava wave. There’s your explanation that you asked to not get, you’re welcome.

I mean deciding when or how to use your items is still the same, I don’t particularly think there’s more or less strategy between this and Mario Party 4, it’s just of a different nature. The argument can be made just as easily for weighing the risk and reward of spending coins or throwing a capsule for free.

Anyway, considering Calli is having trouble with the mini-games and has few coins right now, unless she were to win a battle game I expect Mini Bowser and Boo to pick up at least one more star each (especially considering Michael is right there), and if Michael keeps up his minigame performance he’ll have two of the three stars. However, Chain Chomp only asks 30 coins to steal a star, which means it wouldn’t take much to even the odds. Ultimately I’m pretty sure the minigame and coin stars will go to Michael, but Calli will pick up in the back half and collect enough coins to get a third star, right as Boo steals it from her, leaving Michael and Calli tied for stars but Michael at a coin lead.

Alternatively; Miracles do happen. But mostly they don’t.

1 Like

So who’s ready for this? The last half of Toy Dream. I like the board design itself. The Toy theme as a board is certainly new to Mario Party, so the aesthetic is welcome. I just don’t feel like there’s any special mechanic to the board. And I think that’s just off putting because all the Mario Partys thus far had something going on with at least most of the boards.

1 Like

Well…

That went places.

2 Likes

And let’s all go to more places! Here we are in Pirate Dream. Or Prehistoric Dream if you’re me looking at the schedule every single time! We have had a pirate themed board once before, but this one actually isn’t really pirate themed. It’s more cave themed. Maybe one day we will learn of Bowser’s dream.

We have more voting now as well. Next video is another Mini-Game bonus round. Voting for either Michael, Calli, or one of the computers.

1 Like

Voting for Michael.

1 Like

Mmmmmichael.

Though granted, it’s a tough decision. I have no idea if the computer will bury everybody else again.

1 Like

Oh jeez, almost forgot to vote.

I’ll pick Michael this time.

1 Like

Have you two considered pausing the game to step away for five minutes when you get really upset at it? A lot of what you seem to be getting upset at I’m not seeing as much different from a lot of the previous parties, at least.

Anyway, let’s talk about The Strange Saga of Donkey Kong. There’s been this weird trend that started from Mario Party 5 onwards of increasingly deifying DK in opposition to Bowser, and after extensive research I have determined that Donkey Kong, as the original Nintendo Character, has actually seen through time and dimensions and understands the nature of all things.

He played it cool for years, simply partying with friends and colleagues, keeping a wary eye on Bowser’s antics. Bowser’s behaviour was always unruly, but at least kept in check by the Party Gods and their appointment of the arbiters: Toad, Koopa, and Boo. No matter what Bowser tried, the three evened the odds, in an ancient, simple time. But then Bowser countered Toad with a legion of Tiny Koopas, while Boo bathed in ghostly decadence and Koopa learned what really makes the world go around. Suddenly he had found a conduit with which to disrupt the party directly and disregard the rules.

The Millennium Star’s iron grip over the party for a time made Bowser uncertain of making a power play, and his underlings had begun their joint operation with Toad, so he held back, and the precarious balance was maintained, appeasing the Party Gods for a short while longer.

But then came the Cube. And with it, ruin, destruction, greed, misery, and some pretty good minigames. Bowser and his minions had only grown in power, creating their own rift into which the Games of Doom could capture anyone at any time. Although a long-lost chant could be uttered by those who still remembered it to ward him off, he was threatening to destroy the party altogether, and the Party Gods knew something would have to be done.

In the wake of the Cube’s destruction and Bowser being distracted by birthday presents, a chance revealed itself, and the Party Gods knew they would need a champion to make the ultimate sacrifice. Someone who knew firsthand the dangers of the power Bowser was poised to claim. Someone even older than Bowser. Someone with considerable wealth to sustain their withdrawal from the party. Someone with good fashion sense. The only reasonable choice: Luigi Donkey Kong.

And thus Donkey Kong took the mantle of the light to counter Bowser’s darkness, at the cost of actually getting to party anymore. With Toad, Runt Koopa, and Boo entering the party as part of the Post-Cube Rehabilitation Program, the fight would now be between the two titans and no others. The Party Gods, having helped bring the partygoers to Dream Depot, were limited in their remaining power and could not help Donkey Kong tip the scales entirely away from Bowser, but DK was still able to draw from his billions of coins made in the lucrative banana trade (and the slightly less-valuable solid gold bricks comprising the banana temples he has explored in his downtime) to give a boost to those who could find him. The New Mario Party Cold War had begun.

Now, if Michael doesn’t win this time I’m probably never gonna vote for him again, maybe, if it’s a blind pick.

2 Likes

We have started taking breaks, but you will never know because they will be edited out. OoOOooOOoOOoohHHhhhHHHHh (ghost noise away)

Mini-Game Circuit is actually a really neat mode. It feels a little long, especially long if you have 4 human players, but the fact that it’s not just about winning mini-games is really good. I especially like getting to bet and use mushrooms to boost ahead. It’s a really sounds mode that we were really really really hungry through. Just a tad long in my opinion.

2 Likes

Michael, you’re adorable. Now I have also said it.

Bowser only burns two cauldrons, but I’m pretty sure he always burns two cauldrons. The only true answer is for everyone to jump in the same cauldron for mutually-assured destruction.

Pinball is Good.

1 Like

Time for more Multiplayer! This time we take to the skies to become the true Rainbow Dream Star. Not as many rainbows as I was expecting. It’s kinda more Cloud Dream. A bit reminisent of Mario’s board in the first Mario Party. Just aesthetic wise, and even then just barely I guess. Still. I like that the board is broken down into four quadrants, and that it’s not too difficult to move around to each. Though, falling down when you want to go up isn’t always fun, but it’s at least something that’s going on!

And as always, it is time to vote. Who is going to win this one? Only time will tell, but you can guess! Michael, Calli, Computer, or other Computer!

1 Like

I’m going to say Luigi’s gonna win.

1 Like

I’m gonna vote Michael just because I have no idea what can happen in 10 more turns.

1 Like

Watching a good Tracer or Widowmaker player…it’s hot. Damn.

Calli, 2018

Wario’s Battle Canyon, Part V: Did We Get It This Time?

And the answer is actually: yes! Because it doesn’t force you to go anywhere, nor is it overly expensive to get from island to island. Capsule opportunities are very evenly spaced around the board, plus there’s generally a good incentive to keep moving around and not just stick yourself in one loop forever. But then if you do want to go to the next island it’s probably not more than two rolls away, or one high roll, and you can skip across if you’re lucky.

So, assuming Calli’s minigame and coin leads hold, while Michael gets the happening star, Calli is poised to get the current star in front of her and Michael will just barely have enough coins to get another star if it is placed near him afterwards. Luigi also has enough coins and there’s always the possibility of landing on the Wiggler space Michael dropped on the board. Peach is apparently going to get no stars and continue to activate Bowser because she has nothing but disdain for the Party Gods.

Also, I’ve been gathering that while they didn’t like it initially, they did warm up to it after a little bit, and I take that to mean that less C H A N C E T I M E happens as it goes on, so I doubt much unexpected will happen and the lead that Calli appears to have will actually stick until the end.

1 Like

This really is Wario’s stage all over again. It kind of feels like they’re re-treading the original Mario Party with some new ideas in this game. But we’ll get more to that later I imagine.

1 Like

Bowser is up to his old tricks again, this time throwing ourselves in the deep end. The one takeaway I have of this board is that there isn’t much to look at past the board itself. It really is just a blank ocean down there. Also, can’t say I’ve really had underwater dreams. All my dreams that included water have tended to be nightmares. So there’s that. Also, another shoutout to Frozen. If you do know a way to cheese that one duel game it’d be really cool to tell us in case we end up against it again.

All that out of the way, it’s time to vote again! This time it isn’t Mini-Game based. Also there are two bonuses, so I’ll need to votes. And it simply comes down to who will win between Calli and I. As for what it is? We’ll be taking to the ice and taking to the sand. So remember say a vote for each.

1 Like

If memory serves, the tornado’s name is Tweester?

https://www.mariowiki.com/Tweester

1 Like