Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

I think I’m gonna vote for Calli this time around.

1 Like

I’ll vote for Michael this time.

1 Like

I’m voting Calli.

1 Like

Do you like the Duel Boards from Mario Party 3? Because this is more or less exactly that. I like the premise of this board. They are just missing something to make them actually enjoyable.

As for awarding the Bonus Prizes, I’ll have to do it later as I currently feel like I’m dying.

So I guess as long as you didn’t vote for a computer you get a mini mushroom.

Oh, sure, just call me out in so many words.

The long shot would have required someone to land on a Bowser space, and for it to be Bowser, and for him to start a Bowser Game, and for one of you to lose a stack of coins, AND for the other to miss a loop of mini mushrooms and take the hits while a computer went through a pipe. And still it was close.

At least the mini board actually functions properly. Use the mini mushrooms, which you will always get if you can land on the spaces, to skip a lot of dangerous spaces. The only issue with it is that the board is still incredibly tiny and kind of boring and there are only six opportunities to get a mini mushroom before Bad Things happen, and getting to a shop means you either already got out of danger or you’re about to run through some number of bad spaces.

Anyway, maybe don’t record all day when you’re sick? It’s kinda gross to listen to and it doesn’t sound like it could have been that pleasant for you either.

1 Like

I thought I misheard the phrase “dick belt,” but, uh… nope. I did not.

So did you get some sort of stat bonus for the dick belt, or was it purely for aesthetic purposes?

1 Like

I’m really not sure why they put these boards in the game. It wouldn’t be lacking any if they didn’t. There is so much bonus stuff jam packed in there it would be fine without. Also, definitely think we’ll put the “WE HAVE TO RECORD OR WE’LL FALL BEHIND” on the back burner when we’re sick. Like this weekend. Now that I’m not dying I have updated the standings.

@Fefnir Totally aesthetic.

So now we take on the Jungle again, but this time we’re going head to head. Who will win? My thoughts on this board… It feels a lot bigger than Toad’s for some reason. It provides decent enough ways to get across, but it doesn’t seem like the main gimmick of the flooding river comes up enough for it to be a problem.

Now time to vote!

1 Like

I’m gonna go with Calli on this one.

1 Like

What a terribly balanced board layout, now that I look at it properly. Getting to either shop requires a massive investment of turns, one of the mini pipes gates way too many spaces instead of just being a shortcut, the other mini pipe locks away Boo, the raft only goes one way and you need to go through the pipe to get to it, Klepto is only available at one location at a time, there are only two places you can land on happening spaces.

I assume Calli is going to continue to do well because she’s not sick, which means someone is going to get a crystal ball and steal many coins from her, then lose those coins to Bowser, and so Calli will have not that many coins left, winning on the back of the coin and minigame stars, while Mario and Michael tie for the happening star and everybody else has one star each at the end of the game.

1 Like

I’m also gonna vote for Calli this time.

1 Like

Update tomorrow. If you haven’t got your vote in yet, now is the time.

1 Like

Time to vote for Calli again, then! C’mon, Calli!

1 Like

Goin’ with Calli.

1 Like

I feel like fate is about to punish everybody for voting for one person with the most unlikely upset possible.

Between here, discord, and youtube everyone voted for Calli except for Senerio who voted for Peach. I don’t think there has been a time when everyone has voted for just a single person but we have been getting closer. How will it turn out?

My final thoughts on this board. I like the aesthetic, but it suffers from lack of mobility. It feels like a Mario Party 3 board in that sense. And while not every board needs to be easy, it just feels like it takes forever to get anywhere and that it’s very easy to miss your chance to get where you want to go. Not by RNG either, just because the opportunity isn’t there.

2 Likes

Well well well.

Welly welly welly.

Wellington wellington wellington.

That sure was a Mario Party finish.

2 Likes

I kind of forgot it happened to be honest.

1 Like

Mario Party 4 has not gone the way I expected. But we’ve had a lot of fun with it so far.

1 Like

Huh that’s weird, I had “We Will All Go Together When We Go” stuck in my head for the entire episode after reading this. Wonder why that happened.

1 Like