Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

Toad is one of those partners who try to compensate for bad combat stats with some other means (in his case, cheapness and keeping you from paying your opponent any cash).

In practice, Toad tends to really pay off his dividends as the game goes on because not having to pay your opponent a thing on top of being ridiculously cheap is actually really fucking useful so I’d take Toad anyday over several other options, especially if I want to outlast the opponent. His main weakness is that his battle skills are just flat out the worst of all partners so he’s not a good option for players who want to go on the offensive.

1 Like

I’m going to vote for Calli for the minigame bonus, since playing single-player means she has more experience with the minigames.

Sorry, Michael. Nothing personal.

1 Like

It’s okay. I totally understand. She has played them a lot more than I have.

1 Like

I would go to church but I’d burst into flames.

The actual best quote to come out of these videos so far.

Hm, who would win at minigames? Calli has the edge on time played, but Michael has a solid foothold if Awful Tower or Frigid Bridges come up. Calli hasn’t won many battle games so far, but I don’t think that necessarily gives it to Michael. Can I side with Whomp and just vote for Mario regardless of his participation in the minigames? Well, let’s say Calli will win. I don’t remember what the minigame modes are, but I seem to recall there not being a board game lite version in this one, just ways to play a handful of minigames in a row, so I guess Calli.

Aside from the cart on the tracks pushing people around the map doesn’t have too much that it shares with Western Land, but it does have some of the same themes as Horror Land. There is now just one big Whomp blocking your path instead of many Whomps intermittently blocking pathways. You can still bribe him, of course, you just have to make that decision in advance at some point. I guess he’s just like a locked door that keeps changing sides. The big downside of the board is that you don’t really get enough of a reason to go all over the map in a single game. Otherwise it keeps in the trend so far of the standard three-star difficulty map being pretty fun to play.

I mentioned a few updates ago how powerful it can be to take someone cheap like Toad or Goomba and stack same-type bonuses and power-up space bonuses, but I’ll still prefer Boo over any other partner. The counterattack is incredibly strong, they have a decent punch to begin with before any other bonuses, and they’re Yoshi’s partner so I’m biased in general.

Throwing out a vote for Michael to win the minigames.

1 Like

I’m gonna guess that this was recorded after a significant amount or all of story mode was finished, so I’m gonna vote Calli. Training with merciless, bloodthirsty computers (namely Donkey Kong) is quite the edge.

1 Like

It’s true though. I actually got asked by my grandmother once again this weekend if I went to church for Remembrance Day which I then slowly sighed to as she said she was joking. She wasn’t.

We are actually done recording all of Mario Party 3. So yes this is done way in advance. I’m not sure where we were for this recording between mult player, story mode, and extra stuff though.

We were not quite finished with the story mode at this point. We’re just about there though.

1 Like

Thank you everyone who joined in the voting. Also, I like that I’m pretty sure no one has ever voted for the CPU on the Mini-Game Stuff. We only have one Mini-Game mode this time. I think they took away some of the Mini-Game things to make room for the Duel Boards.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, Dizzy Dinghies is unlocked by unlocking every other normal minigame. The other two minigames, I’m sure you’ve discovered by now, are the final battle at the end of the story mode, and a single-player version of Mario Puzzle Party, all three minigames that Hudson became quite fond of including in a bonus mode of some description over the years. The Driver’s Ed minigame in Mario Party 2 was also zoomed in to that ridiculous degree, which is part of what makes it not that fun to play over and over.

1 Like

When in doubt, always bet on Calli.

Anyways, yeah, one minigame is the final battle at the end of Story Mode (the Minigame version uses the Hard Mode version, I’ll go into detail when we get that far), the second one is the Dizzy Dhingies one, which is unlocked by getting every other Minigame EXCEPT for the ??? Minigames. The third one is single-player Mario’s Puzzle Party for trying to get high scores again and again, and it’s a double unlock: First you must open the Game Guy Room, then you must clear that one.

I like Dizzy Dhingies more than Driver’s Ed, come to think of it, but Driver’s Ed is also the only Minigame where players commonly hear the second part of one Minigame Song (if they don’t look up the Sound Test in Mario Party 2).

1 Like

I do wish this game had a little more to it. The story mode is a nice addition, and the duel boards are cool. But parts of why I really enjoyed the previous 2 games. Like Mini-Game Island and the Mini-Game Boards where you only collect coins.

And now it’s time for us to take on the Creepy Cavern together. I still like this board. And that might have something to do with coming down from Woody Woods, but I’m sure it’s actually good. This is also now the point where we have finished recording the Story Mode.

I’ve also added a little thing at the end of the video. But make sure to get those votes in.

1 Like

I’m voting for Michael. That magic lamp should help get him ahead, and for good measure I think he’s got a good number of green spaces and a good chance for the Minigame star.

On the other hand, the stopwatch could extend the game long enough to change things up. Or maybe it’ll get stolen and the game will shorten. Who knows.

1 Like

I’ll throw in a vote for Calli.

1 Like

Wow, me and my partner just caught up with your videos after discovering you midway through MP 2. Have to say it’s quite hard imagine anyone playing through the whole series with a significant break between games so good luck to both of you! Really cannot wait for you to finally hit MP 4 after Cali has talked it up so much.

Edit: Have to throw our vote in for Cali.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for coming so far. I cant imagine coming in at that point. And yesh. Anyone who would try to do that much Mario Party must have a death wish or… Wait.

2 Likes

Just a reminder that todays the last day to get votes in.

1 Like

I’m voting for Michael this time. I don’t expect Peach to hold onto those stars forever.

1 Like