Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

And here we go for the first bonus board. It is Mega Board Mayhem, where it’s all Mega Mushrooms all the time. I would kind of compare this to the duel boards from Mario Party 3. Only instead of hearts mattering it 's just the coin count.

2 Likes

4 Likes

omg tolvo wtf is this

1 Like

“Have you gone to the dark side?”

“Waluigi!”

“Oh boy it’s Kylo Ren!”

1 Like

Ah, of course, one of the only times you don’t get mushrooms constantly is when the entire premise of the board is based on getting them constantly, that makes sense.

And Waluigi ain’t Kylo; Waluigi would never be so lacking in confidence about who he is, nor would he be strictly affiliated with the Dark Side. Waluigi is the codebreaker in prison playing both ends against the middle to keep conflict going as long as possible for maximum profits and making everybody uncomfortable in the process.

2 Likes

And now the time everyone has been waiting for. Michael and Calli go head to head. Calli; her favourite Mario Party, Michael; a game he played quite a bit as well. Also, the computers; always CHEATING. Who will win? It’s up to you to vote.

This board is a bit hard to get around, but I don’t dislike it. I would think it harder than a one star, but it at least does a decent job introducing the concepts of getting around. That first unfortunate loop you can get stuck in is a little much though.

1 Like

By my count Michael actually has the advantage right now.

Dungeon Duos was the first minigame I played when I saw Mario Party 4 (along with Metroid Prime and 1080: Avalanche) at a demo kiosk many years ago, and it made me believe in the power of the next generation of gaming hardware.

1 Like

Voting for Callie as this board’s winner.

1 Like

Voting Michael.

1 Like

Okay. I see those coins, but I’m still going to vote for Michael. He’s about to get a star and he’s equipped to steal another. That’s not a bad position to be in.

1 Like

And now the completion to this Madness. Final conclusion? The boards alright. I think they could have had one a bit more simpler for the starting board.

Next time it’s Daisy’s birthday still, so we need to find out what her next present is.

1 Like

Michael, please stop nearly sabotaging yourself.

1 Like

I dont have any idea what you mean.

1 Like

Oh whoops, I forgot to vote. That was a really close game for such a mundane board.

1 Like

There’s always next time to vote :musical_note:
It was close. And I had no idea it was going to be so close coming out of it.

1 Like

I was so off; I was sure Michael would forget to use the crystal ball, not the lamp.

The other consequence of barely any items of any interest coming into play in a typical game is that it’s far less likely for C H A N C E T I M E to sway the results. Actual Chance Time barely happens and is actually up to random luck for the first time in the series, so anything could happen, but in reality it barely ever does. And with how the boards are laid out you can usually predict the winner from a decent way away.

Granted, I thought Michael had more of a minigame coin lead than that…and there was the hidden block…and Michael forgot to use the lamp…but it still wound up going the way I expected based purely off bonus star expectations, not even considering where he was on the board or what his inventory looked like.

We’ll get to this when the next party begins, but it kind of seems as if the systems reached critical mass and Hudson had to hit the reset button on it all. The mechanics around the items were meant to be simplified from 3 but they just got more overwrought and I think it’s why Mario Party 5 has the most wildly different item system of the entire series.

1 Like

On one hand, I’m glad I guessed it right. On the other hand, I can’t believe how it actually played out?Several lamps just falling into Michael’s hands??? And an almost-fatal mistake of forgetting one of them???

Mario Party at its Mario Party-est, I guess.

1 Like

So who likes DK’s Jungle Adventure? Because we got a jungle jam here. It’s Story Mode again. And things are as harrowing as ever.

Next time is a bonus board. So time to vote again.

1 Like

Going with Michael for the bonus board.

1 Like

Okay, so:

1. I barely remember much about this game, especially the boards, but wiki pages say there is a rare volcano eruption that gives more coins on the Klepto ride.

2. Bowser has an inflation kink, 'cause he was super into everything that was happening in that minigame.

3. The train of thought went something like this:

• Someone lands on Bowser’s space in Mario Party 3
    • Bowser happens to be casually laying down
    • “Paint me like one of your French koopas”
    • “French me”
    • “French me Daddy”
  4. I’ll make the long shot prediction that a computer will win the other bonus board.

5. Don’t tempt me with jokes about recording something something something.

1 Like