Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

I am glad we ended up doing the rest of story mode. If for no other reason than for seeing the Millennium Star’s face/eyes with Daisy. However, going up against her is not as fun. This is easily the worst board in all of Mario Party 3. Even worse than Woody Woods.

2 Likes

Here’s the real secret: every board in Mario Party 3 is bad with exactly one exception.

2 Likes

Backtrack is, possibly with the exception of Mr. Mover, the hardest Duel Board in the game. It’s main gimmick is that the Backtrack Spaces you had in the previous boards become “Reverse Spaces” which alter the direction you go (forward or backward) on the star-shaped board until one of you steps on another Reverse Space.

Daisy herself isn’t a walk in the park either. Her partner is Snifit which has good offensive and defensive parameters all around, but has a very expensive salary of 5 coins… which it makes less taxing by it’s possibility of finding 2-4 coins at the start of her turn, boosting the longevity by more than one’d expect (not enough to keep going forever, but possibly enough to save you from what could have been a desertion). As such, Daisy is a more than worthy opponent for the last Duel Board in the game. Also, as the final opponent, she gets her own Duel Board music (playing this outside of this specific instance nets the normal Duel Board music).

WALUIGI IS HERE. NOW THE GAME IS GOOD AGAIN. His plan in broad strokes is taking the Mischief Star Stamp and trying to blackmail the Millenium Star into making him the Superstar. He promptly kicks the shit out of Bowser when he tries to intervene, then challenges you to take the Star Stamp back from him by going up against him on Waluigi’s Island, the unlockable Battle Royale Board of the game. This marks the last time Bowser appears in the story cutscenes.

And now you have the other part of one of the reasons for why I consider Luigi to be the canon protagonist of Mario Party 3.

1 Like

I would argue that quite a few of the boards are good. Though, I havent played 3 in months now so maybe Im just misremembering.

1 Like

We are now on the final board. We’re actually showing the multiplayer part of it first, as opposed to the story mode. Otherwise we would have had a long break of no voting which isn’t fun.

That said, who do you think is going to win the final board and be crowned the true super star?

1 Like

Michael started with a pretty good lead in minigames, and I think he still has it. That being said, I’m voting Calli. She’s got two stars, a decent chance at the happening star, and that bomb basically ensured that nobody else was going to get the coin star.

With that being said, I’m fully prepared for Mario Party to occur.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

:cry:

1 Like

Calli has won the favor of King Koopa, so she has my vote.

1 Like

I think I’m going with Luigi, even if he doesn’t win.

Waluigi’s Island is one of my favorite boards, and it’s definitely my favorite board of Mario Party 3. It’s an island, owned by Waluigi which he’s in the process of renovating with tricks and traps and machinery and scraps of metal, which he has enlisted Piranha Plants to do. And if you’ve played a Duel Board vs. Waluigi, you’ll know that this is because he has a Piranha Plant as his partner who is heavily geared towards the offensive, with a great 3 Atk and the ability to find dice blocks to go 1-3 spaces further than usual, but has an abysmal health of 1 HP and a horrible salary of 5, making it one of the most expensive partners in the game. I don’t really like it as a starting partner, but it does what it does really well.

The gimmicks include the Bomb Island where Happening Spaces makes the countdown on it tick down by 1 (it always begins with a 5 at the beginning and after every explosion). If it goes to 0, everyone on the island loses all their coins which is always worth a laugh or two. Another gimmick is in the northeastern part (the junction with two Xes) where one of them is a trap and you have to pick between them. A wrong choice sends you to the pipe at the start, and you will mainly want to go there to visit Boo because he’s behind that junction.

The last gimmick is the Space Island on the northwestern corner of the map. This island’s gimmick is that the Piranha Plants on the island change all of the spaces every turn to one type of space. So one turn it might be all blue spaces while the turn after that makes it all Bowser Spaces and so on. I actually think it’s cool because it can really change your game. The only space that won’t change is the Bank Space so it can act as a sort-of safe space if you don’t like what you see (provided you’re able to land on it).

And the thing about Waluigi owning the island? It’s all horseshit. There’s a house that just got condemned to make way for Waluigi’s house, and the mailbox and letters indicate that the house belongs to Luigi, the signs pointing to said house getting uprooted for the same reason. There’s a Luigi podium at the northernmost part of the board where the Goombas (Luigi’s Duel Partner; very significant given what I said about the Piranha Plants being Waluigi’s Duel Partners) are making their final stand against the takeover of the island (but more directly against a couple Piranhas that want to put Waluigi on the podium instead). Not to mention, the design of the board with several paths where you eventually enter a pipe and exit a pipe close to the beginning of the board is exactly the same design choice as Luigi’s Engine Room. All of this very blatantly hints that Luigi is the actual owner of the island.

2 Likes

It’s me, I’m going to win. In true Mario Party fashion, I will unceremoniously steal victory away from whoever actually has the most stars and coins (I dunno, Calli probably?) because I think I really should be the winner.

Waluigi’s Island is the best Mario Party board they ever made.

1 Like

So now it is time for the conclusion of Mario Party 3 Multiplayer. I do like this board. Each section has it’s own little gimmicks and I really like the art for it as well. My main issue lies in the middle roulette but it’s not as bad as Woody Woods so I’m not gonna harp on it too much.

You may notice that we didn’t announce the winner this time around like before. If we did, there would be a clear winner already. However, we’re going to pull a Mario Party. It is still anyone’s game. When the next video goes up there will be another vote. This vote isn’t going to be worth one star, it’s not gonna be worth three stars, it’s gonna be worth whole two stars. What will the vote be on? Well, you’ll see in a few days. But like the last finales, you will need to get votes in right away for it.

1 Like

I can’t tell if it’s more or less rude that Callie would have won even without that hidden block star. I’m gonna say more, I think.

1 Like

Aw shoot, I didn’t have enough time to watch and vote this time…

1 Like

Voting for the next thing won’t come up until Monday.

Well, I finally caught up, and if I had watched the first part of Waluigi’s Island in time, I might have said something about Calli using Daisy’s momentum from launching Bowser’s ass into space to just steamroll ahead to victory.

Oh well. I can still say that Waluigi’s Island looks like a dastardly map, perfectly fitting for a man as dastardly as Waluigi himself.

1 Like

It can be dastardly. But it’s actually kind of fun. Way better than the final maps in the first Mario Party games.

1 Like

Fun Fact: Mario Party 3 is one of the only Mario Parties (possibly THE Mario Party) where Bowser doesn’t have his own board.

I like Waluigi’s Island, not only because it’s not-so-secretly implied to actually be a Luigi board that Waluigi took over, but also because of the gimmicks. There’s been a lot of laughs whenever we have to be on Space Island for an extended period of time (and it’s certainly very fun to have occasional betting contests on this board as to who will win out of an All-CPU team on Easy Difficulty).

1 Like

I completely forgot about this to be honest. It didnt even feel necessary to have a bowser board so im glad there wasn’t one.

1 Like

We finish off Story Mode with our actual first experience with Waluigi’s Island. We learn some interesting things here, including the actual story of the game. As well, we will be taking on the Final Boss. Wait? Final Boss? That’s right! We end it all with a boss fight, sort of.

As for the voting. There is only one thing that hasn’t happened yet in Mario Party 3. Calli and I dueling. It’s time for the gloves to come off and for us to fight one on one. We won’t tell you what board it is, if you think that would give one of us an advantage, because we actually used a randomizer on the spot to choose. So. This vote is worth 1 Millennium Star which is worth 2 normal stars.Who will win? There’s only three options. Michael Wins, Calli Wins, or No One Wins. Which we learned all the way at the beginning of the LP can happen.

Voting will only be going until 5:00 PM in our time zone which is -7 UTC. Good luck.

1 Like

I’m voting for Michael. Now, I was leaning in that direction in the first place, because Michael does pretty well in the extras videos. But I’ll admit that I was backed up by an impartial judge.

1 Like