Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

“Aww!”

– Me, listening to Calli explain her love for Mel

A shirt with an arrow on the front that says “I wouldn’t leave you” and one on the back pointing the other way that says “Unless it was for you”.

Blowhard is definitely a much easier map than Pipesqueak. The total freedom of movement at a very low penalty lets you do basically whatever you want. As long as you quickly get two partners that have decent enough stats the middle of the board becomes irrelevant, at which point you can start hunting your opponent based on where their partners are. The board also gives lower power partners a chance to shine, as demonstrated with the Toads. A power-up space stacked with a Same Type Attack Bonus suddenly gives Peach a very dangerous royal guard for a very low cost. On a map with so many easily-reachable power-up spaces that also swaps partner positions around it’s far more beneficial to get low-cost partners in both positions and power them up than try to get someone more expensive; unless you win every single Game Guy game (there’s also a roulette wheel that can give more than 2x your coins).

2 Likes

I love this reaction since I don’t think everyone understands sometimes how much I love Mel. Like she is one of my best friends and has been there for me when I needed someone more then anybody could know. She just knows me so well.

3 Likes

I wish I could say the rest of the duel boards are as easy as this one. If anything, this one should have been the first one they give us.

Our relationship with Mel is probably one that can’t be explained easily. I’ve known her for years now. We had the same group of friends in high school, but we weren’t exactly friends. She even revealed recently that she wasn’t speaking to me for years and I had no idea. After my first year of college and Calli and I got together we spent more time with Mel. If we went back to high school, no one would think we were the only ones to still be friends in the group. But here we are. A lot has happened over the years. As Calli said, more than anyone could know.

3 Likes

Back to multiplayer this week. I still can’t say I like this board. I think that if the arrows didn’t change each and every turn, it would be a lot better. Even every second turn might have made it more tolerable.

1 Like

Are we still doing voting? If so, I think that Wario’s gonna win.

1 Like

We are still doing voting. I guess I didn’t announce that with the post. But voting will continue all they way until the end of the LP. That said, there are less votes coming in now because of stuff that happened a few weeks ago. And these votes do count for something I’ve been alluding to. It is why the winner from the game is staying listed in the OP.

1 Like

So, what are we looking at after 10 turns? No stars are actually in play yet, but we’ve got Wario with a ton of coins in front of Boo, Michael and Calli each holding a lamp, and DK with a plunder chest that could steal a lamp.

I’ve got a guess for what will happen in the next turn: Calli will buy a second lamp, DK will steal one of her lamps, and Michael will hold onto his lamp so Wario is forced to steal coins instead of a star (which means Calli will be targeted).

After that? I figure the lamps will get used quickly once Wario isn’t a threat to use Boo to steal a star, but then it’s just anyone’s game.

In the end, I’m going to vote for Michael, because when I decided to vote for Calli last time, a part of me thought he might win instead, and I turned out to be a fool to ignore it.

1 Like

Reminder that today is the last day to vote.

1 Like

Alright, since there’s only one other voter thus far, I’ll throw in a vote for Calli.

1 Like

I liked the energy of this video. Sleepy party.

In a scenario where rolling past the star space is nigh-impossible and you don’t see yourself either locking up enough bonus stars or winning enough minigames to get a lamp, using the lucky lamp as soon as possible is a solid choice, to at least give you a chance of getting to it without conceding the star itself to someone who gets a lamp.

If this is really some Mario Party, DK’s probably about to steal Daisy’s lamp, but she’s going to buy a second one anyway, which means DK, Daisy, and Yoshi are all about to have a star each. Wario’s probably going to wind up in front of the star at the end of all that nonsense and get a star, Yoshi will probably get another key out of a hidden block, Daisy will get a star out of a hidden block or steal DK’s star that was meant to be hers in the first place, there’s going to be a 30 or 50-coin battle that wipes out someone, probably DK, and gives Yoshi a golden parachute, someone will get Bowser Coin Potluck, and in the end Wario will get two bonus stars and win over Daisy and Yoshi by one star, or maybe even just some coins.

1 Like

I’m gonna be pessimistic and say that Wario will win by getting two bonus stars. And maybe an actual star, but considering the game thus far I think the only ones getting stars on the board will be the human players.

1 Like

We finally finish this awful board. I don’t know who thinks it’s fun to not be able to control where you go. But it really isn’t. Some of the duel boards have this problem as well and it just is not good. Hopefully Nintendo figures this out for the next game.

But we got quite a few votes in this time. We do have votes coming in outside of the forum. The OP should be updated by the time you read this.

1 Like

I think Woody Woods is my least favorite board of Mario Party 3, which might be odd considering I liked Luigi’s Engine Room very much in Mario Party, but eh.

I don’t really consider Woody Woods to be that similiar to Luigi’s Engine Room either which might have something to do with it.

1 Like

I just really dislike boards where I’m not in control of where I go. It’s just plain ol’ not fun.

1 Like

Curses! Foiled by random chance! I can’t believe how close that ended up being, though.

1 Like

Random chance is the name of the game. Random chance especially seems to come up when everything is going really well.

3 Likes

Pessimism wins the day!

… Much to everyone’s disappointment.

2 Likes

All types can win it seem. This time it’s story mode, taking us somewhere a little creepy. Creepy Caverns seems like a cross between DK’s Jungle and Western Land. It’s a decent board that we don’t see a lot of.

Also. We do have a vote. Next episode will be the Mini-Game bonus. We’ll give you a third chance to get it right. Who will win, Calli, Michael, or one of the Computers. I guess technically it’s a 50% shot if you vote for a computer. But that’s just math and I’m not good at it.

Leaving a vote for Callie. Now that I’ve finally voted, I might as well join the voters and keep voting 'til the end. Or at least whenever I’m able to.

Incidentlly, Creepy Cavern is my second favorite board in Mario Party 3 (Spiny Desert is my third favorite). I like the aesthetics, the music, and even the events that go on here. I also don’t think it’s as annoying to move about as Woody Woods, but I do think it’s more challenging. In a good way (most of the time). That said, I’m not too fond of the Duel Board you’re playing next (though the opponent, whether it’s Mario or Luigi for the Story version of the board are fine and make for decent challenges in their own way in my opinion).

Now that Mario is finally revealed as the Courage Star Stamp opponent, every character you could select as your playable character in Mario Party 3’s Story Mode have been made clear as to where they fit as bosses of Story Mode:

1. Wit: Chilly Waters -> Gate Guy (Wario w/ Bob-Omb)
  2. Kindness: Deep Blooper Sea -> Arrowhead (Yoshi w/ Boo)
  3. Strength: Spiny Desert -> Pipesqueak (Donkey Kong w/ Whomp)
  4. Love: Woody Woods -> Blowhard (Peach w/ Toad)
  5. Courage: Creepy Cavern -> Mr. Mover (Mario w/ ???)

With Luigi (w/ Goomba) stepping in as the boss if you’re actually playing as any of those characters. And in regards to the starting partners of the characters in Duel Mode, I think my favorite is Goomba (because he comes with Luigi and is offensively oriented + quite cheap), followed shortly by Boo (I like his retribution gimmick and his otherwise decent offense).

BTW congrats on finally making a decisive first win against DK who’s been a pain in the neck for almost the entirety of Story Mode.

(I’ve honestly been dying for the entire time to post story-mode trivia in regards to the lategame. Good to know I can finally start doing so eventually because there’s some interesting bits, even excepting the obvious ones.)

Oh, and have anyone caught on to the fact that all the Battle Royale Boards have had a Cloud hiding somewhere on the board as part of the background?

1 Like

I have not noticed that. I’m going to have to go back and take a look now. I personally like having Toad as a partner. The fact that you don’t lose coins to the opponent makes it a lot easier to just stack up an insane amount of money.

1 Like