Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

Calli: I’m a good kitty!
(later)
Michael: I’m a good fish!

Anyway, considering the wacky watch is pretty much the single most coveted item in all of Mario Party, I’m going to say Calli probably has the advantage. Battle minigames don’t contribute to the minigame star (in this party), but she does currently have the coin star, and also just barely the minigame star, I think. With Michael almost-certainly getting the happening star that puts Michael one behind, and since getting from place to place on this board that already gives you a coin flip on the star you go to being real is a challenge, I’m guessing Michael won’t be able to roll his way to the next one. Or, alternatively, he gets a lamp, but so does Calli, maintaining her lead. Or, alternatively, he does get the star with a lamp, but Calli still has many more coins and wins.

1 Like

I see I won’t be getting any votes this time…

1 Like

its okay baby I will still love you.

1 Like

Well now. Someone voted for other than Calli, but it wasn’t for me. So I see no one has any faith in me on this board. Time to end it. Next time we will be continuing story mode, and things will get woody.

Also. We have finished recording all the rest of Mario Party 3, which is a record for how far ahead we’ve managed to get recorded.

2 Likes

I guess I should have gone with my other gut choice. It’s been a while since Chance Time has happened at all in these videos, though I could be forgetting something.

2 Likes

“I definitely feel like there’s a lot less control on that Chance Time.”

That’s because there’s a lot less control on that (and all future) Chance Time. The first version of it was the best, where every action was in the hands of the player and each section was as difficult as they wanted it to be, while still being technically within the realm of human skill. But because it was within human skill, exceptionally skilled players kind of ruined it, so they had to take matters into their own hands.

2 Likes

I understand wanting to take away the skill in chance time. I think they did a good change, having less spaces but also less control.

1 Like

WELP

2 Likes

famous last words

Well. Here we go. This might be the worst board design yet, simply for the fact you have little control on where you go.

I was going to avoid making a Bites the Dust reference until I realized I could refer to Yoshi as “Yoshi-kage Kira,” so I guess that’s what I’m leaving on the table.

That being said, good job actually making it through the board on your first go. The game certainly tried to make sure you didn’t, so thank goodness you nabbed the mini game bonus or that would have been two (or more) slogs. Anyway, I hope you played something less stressful after this, like Splatoon or something. That victory was certainly worthy of some squids/kids time.

2 Likes

I hope you treated Michael to some sushi after that amazing win. Preferably something with squid.

2 Likes

This is basically a bad version of the idea behind Luigi’s Engine Room, and it might entirely be due to not having any guaranteed path for players to walk across that earns them coins. There’s no start bonus, no guarantee that you’ll pass Boo, a couple too many path splits that make you take much longer to get around the board. Instead of being able to run through the entire circuit multiple times to try and get to the one path you want, you tend to get stuck across the board from the star with no real easy way to get back to places that you can try and influence which direction you go in. Once again the item that skips you straight to the star without interacting with the board is the most valuable standard item to pick up, which is kind of a problem.

Anyway, you guys should do some Splatoon videos with Mel. Mainly to get some art of y’all as squids.

2 Likes

I didn’t think about this as Luigi’s Engine room. But it really kind of is. I always hated LER, but now I like it a whole lot more than this.

1 Like

I realize that this video is only about as long as any other multiplayer episode, but getting hit by that stopwatch on the 15th turn made it feel like a mini-marathon.

After enduring that much time on a board like that, I hope you treated yourselves to a game that doesn’t (have to) last nearly as long, something like 3-minute matches with colorful, fashionable squids.

2 Likes

It did feel super long. And I think it has to do with the fact that its one video, rather than split in two.

1 Like

Like you said, the Love Star Stamp does feel like it’s Peach’s Star Stamp… and that’s because it is. If you’re playing as the character who actually embodies the trait of the Star Stamp, then Luigi will act as the boss of that stamp. (So if you played as Wario and were fighting for the Wit Star Stamp, Luigi would be the very first Duel Mode opponent you’d be fighting.)

Due to that and some other stuff, I headcanon that Luigi is sort-of the main character of Mario Party 3.

1 Like

Luigi is actually the main character for this game. Which is great. Luigi needs more love.

2 Likes

Luigi may be the true main character. But he’s nothing when it comes to Calli/Peach.

1 Like

As a starting partner, I really like Luigi’s Goomba. It’s relatively cheap and has decent attack power for how cheap it is. I like it better than a lot of the more expensive partners for the game.

As for Blowhard, I think that’s one of the easier stages for me. The switching partners gimmick is less annoying to me than the pipes in the previous stage, and the freedom of choice in where to go generally helps me avoid the Game Guy spaces (and possibly net me two partners early on). Also helps that the main opponent here usually would be Peach who doesn’t start with a very high-damaging partner and I think the A.I. in general isn’t very good at exploiting the stage gimmick here.

2 Likes