Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

What made you believe we are cool is beyond me. lol. I didn’t notice that DK does seem to be the trouble maker for me in story mode. Hopefully it will get easier as we go.

So now it’s time to prove just how kind we are by beating Yoshi to an inch of his life. Hope you brought your cookies for this one.

So now that we’ve seen two sets of the story mode, I’m really interested in everyone’s thoughts on the first campaign like mode for Mario Party.

2 Likes

It’s kinda funny, seeing a continuous story in a Mario Party game. I don’t hate it, but I do feel like each board having its own mini-story in Mario Party 2 is cuter.

I do like it as an excuse to play on your own, though. With the caveat that I haven’t actually played any Mario Party in forever, I feel like what happens on the boards is a big part of the fun in Mario Party, so it’s nice to see the single player mode actually incorporate them instead of just having you play minigames in order.

1 Like

I also really like the story mode addition. I just think the difficulty could have been scaled back a little bit.

So even though Calli plays a lot more because of the Story Mode. I am technically there watching as well. So I understand how the board works just as much as she does. So this time around, we can vote. Who will win?

2 Likes

French me, Daddy.

1 Like

What’s with the post-process music? Did you have a technical error that made you lose the game audio?

Edit: And my vote is for Easy Comp Peach

1 Like

We didn’t lose the game audio, but like the previous week’s recordings the audio was corrupted and was just horrendous to listen to. So instead we’ll be listening to an extended version of the board music. We did end up getting the corruption problem sorted, but for the stuff recorded before hand we were stuck with.

I’m not sure who you’re voting for in this case.

1 Like

This time, I’m going to vote for Michael.

Michael, I believe in you(r already-recorded past self).

1 Like

Oh hey, I haven’t voted yet. The competition’s pretty tough between Calli and Peach, but I’m voting Calli. CompuPeach has a slight advantage, and I think she might steal away a bonus star, but that magic lamp is very powerful and I think Calli can snag the minigame and coin stars.

1 Like

Right, so, Peach’s Birthday Cake, Part 2. Deep Bloober Sea kind of has the Space Land thing going on; theoretically it’s possible to be very clever and play around all the happening spaces to go exactly where you want, but in practice people just get frustrated at the abundance of happening spaces getting in the way on the main two paths and use items to move around the board more freely. When you get to that junction backwards you can skip pressing a button and the lamp will take you directly to the star, of course. So often the standard dice rolls will just get in your way and put you on the other path, despite it being mostly useless to you.

A fast way to get a bunch of points in Puzzle Party is just stacking two or three columns of blocks on the side up to the top of the screen, ideally with matching colours shifted one space apart, then breaking the chain at the bottom and/or crushing it with a thwomp to try and luck your way into a big chain. It’s a similar beginner strategy people use in Puyo, but it might actually be one of the best options here due to only needing a pair of matching blocks instead of four.

Bowser. I dunno. Peach, probably? She has two stars and her closest threat doesn’t have any of the bonus stars locked up. Sure, let’s say it’s Peach.

1 Like

I never thought of this before as a new version of Peach’s Birthday Cake. But you’re right. It totally is. Only the maps are now a lot bigger, so there could be more consequence on your direction. Except not really because of all the happening spaces.

1 Like

This is a great Let’s Play and you’re both great people.

1 Like

We really thank everyone here for the support. Honestly, doing this series has been one of the most fun things for us to do. Aside from that small portion of MP2. So, here’s the conclusion to this board. Next time we will continue story mode, going some place really hot. And I hope you enjoy this totally predictable and in no way surprising conclusion.

Folt here. Thanks for the link. I hope to keep contributing with some MP3 trivia up until the end of it, but that’ll be the end of the Mario Parties I’ve played for a long time (up until the two newest ones). Not sure if I’ll stick around after that, but I hope the you’ll keep playing Mario Parties (and don’t divorce).

On a side note, I’m glad my favorite character won this time around.

2 Likes

Wow, even if I had voted CompuPeach I would have been wrong. I thought Luigi would have been dead last, but I can’t be surprised that happened. It’s Mario Party, after all.

1 Like

I’ll be playing your favourite character in 9 and 10 then. Your trivia has been great so far. Thanks for contributing. If you’re not into the upcoming games thats fine! You’ve made this a great time thus far already.

Hopefully you will watch the other videos to see what those games are like if not that’s okay. Thanks for being awesome

Both of you got five correct in Messy Memory, it’s pretty simple.

The original shelves:

What Calli (top) and Michael (bottom) had:

Three were automatically correct, you each got the DK tie easily, and then Calli got Wario’s hat while Michael got the mushroom.

1 Like

I noticed that in editing. But for sure I thought Calli beat me when I saw all of the items count out of the corner of my eye.

1 Like

And now we’re back to the story. Things get hot in the desert as we go around, and around, and around, and around…

Since there is no voting this week. I would like everyone’s opinion. How would you fix story mode?