Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

Oh, there are many Random Selection Battle Games throughout the series. Random Ride is the carpet racing game Calli was thinking of, from Mario Party 5. Usually they do involve some amount of player input, though, like the Bowser’s Big Blast successors.

Did I mention before that the ghost actually wins Day at the Races more often than any other choice? Theoretically it is totally random, but out of a sample of 100 races the ghost won something like 27 or 28 times, I believe.

The reason Yoshi lost Abandon Ship is because the screen shows more of the mast than the game will let you climb. If you get to the top of the screen you’ll be constrained to roughly the speed of the screen scrolling, but if you hang back near the end you can shoot up at the maximum speed the game will allow and just barely reach the top before anyone else. It’s an annoying one to win on the minigame coaster.

So here’s what’s up: despite an excess of battle games, the two Boos on the board will keep coin distribution relatively even with the exception of Wario, who will keep winning minigames, thereby taking the game and coin stars. Yoshi will hit a happening space and cause a three-way tie for the happening star. Peach gets the next star on the board, Yoshi contemplates paying for a hootenanny out of a defeatist stance that he will not roll high enough to make the next star and hoping to keep Wario away from it, Wario routinely is unable to afford another star steal but does keep collecting coins before the battle games equalise them back out, Donkey Kong fails to use his plunder chest for the rest of the game, Peach comes second to Wario by a much closer margin than expected, and Michael muses that he doesn’t actually like Mario Party 2 as much as he thought.

1 Like

I’m betting on Wario. Unless he dueling gloves his way out of the lead, he looks like he’s going pretty strong.

1 Like

I’ve been told the best way to break the game is to duel the computers for all their worth since they’re not very good in duel games. It’s a gamble though because what if we mess up?

Again, I want to have faith in humanity, but Wario’s off to such a strong start that I can’t bring myself to pick against him.

1 Like

Calli will come back and win! gotta team up vs hard ai it seems.

1 Like

So here we have the conclusion to Western Land. Not sure what to say. It’s certainly an interesting watch. At least I’m sure that everyone is going to be surprised.

We do, however, have an immediate guessing game again! Next time is the first of the bonus mini game stuff. We’ll be doing the Mini Game Stadium which has three modes in it and we will be doing all three. So, between only Calli and I, no computer guessing, who does the best of 2 out of 3?

1 Like

Holy shit that was down to the wire. If only the last game hadn’t been a coin game, Calli would have won that. The Boo strats were still fantastic, though.

My vote for mini game stadium’s on Michael.

There were several things I wasn’t expecting there when I made my guess. But I think I’ve cracked the code: if I bet on Michael, it’s the hard CPU, if I bet on the hard CPU, it’s the easy CPU, if I bet on Calli, it’s Michael, so if I bet on the easy CPU, Calli will be the winner of a party. Except that the greater Murphy’s Law principle applies and so by calling attention to this clearly exploitable pattern it now dissolves and must be attained randomly or when truly forgotten by all onlookers.

By the way the ground pound in Destruction Duet works when you’re on top of the statue. After that I’m pretty sure jump-kicks are more powerful than standard punches.

Between Michael and Calli? Michael. (sorry Calli)

1 Like

i forgive you

Didn’t vote 'cause I never got around to watching the video, had a busy week. Apologies.

Between the two of you in just mini-game duels, Warmal.

1 Like

Am I just in time to get my vote in under the wire? I vote Calli.

1 Like

Voting is good until the video is live. The only time limit is for the finale voting since I need to record the credits and results ahead of time for upload.

1 Like

So now we start our first Bonus episode with Mini-Game Stadium

On a side note, I got an actual proper video editing software since the last set of videos, so I can properly edit. So if the side bar stuff is not good or too distracting, let me know so I don’t do that again.

2 Likes

Sidebars seem fine to me.

Maybe you should put a bowling alley and koopa shell over mini-Warmal, then a bunch of rails around a bowling pin over mini-Calli.

Thank you. Youre the first one to say anything about it. Although, i dont think a constant reminder of what nearly destroyed us in this is the best of ideas.

1 Like

no its perfect. then i can constantly remember and one day i will get my revenge

Ah, who could have guessed that we would all be wrong, and that Teddy would be the actual winner.

2 Likes

The sidebars are fine. Cute, even!

1 Like

Well that’s two for the sidebars being okay so I think that’s a win on it? Also, Teddy is always the winner. Because no matter what he gets pats.

Please note that this will be the last board of our arbitrary hell. We’ll be switching off from here, and maybe bring it back in Mario Party 3. There are some really good moments on this board though. As long as you have a bread definition of “good.” As always, we are taking in the votes on who you think will win this board. I will say, vote carefully as this could be the last board where it may or may not be obvious.

1 Like