Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

I mean the shell did rebound something fierce.

So Mario Parties 6 and 7 have the Gamecube mic, and only 7 makes actually decent use of it by way of having a couple of decently-balanced four player games that use it. 1v3 games that involve the mic are usually heavily weighted against the microphone player. Mario Party 5 is actually one of the best ones, as long as you like c h a o s p a r t y.

The ultimate curse of a total Mario Party LP is that nobody wants to play that much of a single party in a row, which means that while every party is pretty good and you could probably enjoy yourself at least a little, you almost immediately overexpose yourselves to it. I think usually helps when you have a full group of four hu-mons groaning and laughing together.

I still think Mario Party 1 is one of the best parties for how little extra time it spends getting you going around boards and playing minigames. It’s rivalled only by Mario Party 10, but that barely has you play any minigames in a typical party.

One of the cool parts about unlocking Eternal Star is that when you actually collect your 100th star, when you come back to the village it’s all ransacked, with Bowser’s footprints leading to the bank, where you find the vault emptied. It’s the closest thing to a story the game has, if you stuck around long enough to unlock it in the first place. Only the first two parties actually had the story that was there integrated into the general game instead of quartered off in its own mode, so I liked that detail.

Also, I’m pretty sure if neither of you accidentally go to Bowser again, Calli will probably actually come out on top.

Even with a streak of bad luck at the end there, I’m betting on Calli. She had a good start, and sheer spite should really help carry her.

1 Like

My money’s on Wario 'cause the AI probably knows where to go in this hell-mess.

Ah, but even if Wario does get the stars off the board, Michael and Calli simply have to find the path to Boo, at which point Michael will probably steal first, and then Calli will steal from the leader at that point. After Michael accidentally loses a star to Bowser again, Wario will probably get the coin star, Michael will get the happening star, and Calli will have snuck by with the minigame star, cinching the win by either one star or a fistful of dollars over Michael.

Alternatively, none of that will be true, Michael will get all three bonus stars, steal one from Wario, and just Win.

1 Like

I imagine if we had 2 hard CPU’s, this would be a completely lost cause from the get go. While it doesn’t always seem like they know where to go, they definitely get it right far more often than human players. And considering you have to beat this board, it’s kind of a dick move to make it so there is no way to tell where the teleporters go without trial and error.

1 Like

Gonna go with Calli, however im siding with michael on the bowling issue, it bounced off nothing :wink:

1 Like

My beautiful child, do not let him deceive you. It completely was his fault that he aimed for me not the bumper rails.

Reminder that today is the last day to vote. Make sure to get those votes in, even if you haven’t seen the video yet. Though, you should watch it to see how I get screwed over by a mini-game.

So i think i was wrong about Mario Party 2. Its not very fun at all. Calli was right. She is always right.

1 Like

Yeah, there are several reasons why the standard board game in Mario Party 2 isn’t great, and one of them they never really figured out how to consistently fix throughout the series.

2 Likes

FINAL MARIO PARTY EPISODE

It was a hard fought battle, but we’ve finally made it. Thank you everyone for joining us on this first step in our journey. The OP has been updated and the standings for everything will be reset for Mario Party 2. Calli and I are still discussing it. But the winners of the guessing game may get to be a part of something later. We’ll see.

We’ll see you next week in Mario Party 2, continued in this thread.

“Oh boy, I can’t wait to watch the finale of Mario Party, which will be straightforward and nobody will be murdered by Calli.”

1 Like

Well that was an emotional rollercoaster. And once again I was kind of correct, except for how I didn’t make my actual guess the correct one.

People like Mario Party because they typically play one of the original six boards, they play with four humans, they play while drinking to have a good time, and they tend to not play more than once in a blue moon.

1 Like

It’s sad how most of those things are in no way related to how this lets play has to be done.

Yeah, I’m worried you’ll get to Mario Party 4 and the previous 20-something rounds of Mario Party will have made both of you sour to it from the outset. It’s one of the things I like about how Mario Party TV does their LPs of Mario Party, where they’ve just done one map per game and then wrapped back around to Mario Party 1.

1 Like

That’s an interesting way to do it for sure. We usually record only a couple of boards at a time. So I don’t see us burning out too much. And that’s also why each board is broken down into two weeks. Doing 2 boards lasts us about a month of updates.

1 Like

I’m not burned out. I’m just done with this bullshit N64 controller and all the bullshit of old video games have in store for me. I would like Mario Party 4 to hurry up and get here.

Aw yay, it’s nice to get a little shoutout! This whole “participating” thing is fun, I’m definitely going to make guesses in the future.

1 Like

Warmal wins again

Oh, I missed.

1 Like

woo! I’m tempted to retire on top…but then someone would pass me.

1 Like