Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

This latest video seemed to go by really quickly! I mean, I know it’s second-shortest video in Mario Party 2 so far, but it felt like you two were having so much fun this time that 28 minutes went by in a flash.

I’m casting my vote for Michael this time because that’s a big coin lead that can make up for the difference in stars in 10 turns.

…Depending on how nice the game decides to be, anyway.

Actually… I think Wario will get the happening star.

1 Like

Does this change your final vote at all?

Nope, just what I think will happen on the way there.

1 Like

Wait what? There was aliens??? We finish up the run of Mystery Land, and I can’t stress enough how much fun this was. The change made things so much better. Also, shout out to Circlmastr for helping me make this video actually editable for reasons that become apparent near the end. If it didn’t work out, we would have had to rerecord and no one wanted that.

Next time, we tackle the Roller Coaster as a side thing. And no, there won’t be any voting this time… you’ll see why.

2 Likes

Happy belated birthday to Michael!

It sure felt like there were a lot of gamechangers in the last 10 turns, didn’t it?

1 Like

Naturally there were two trillion occurrences of M A R I O P A R T Y in those ten turns to make me exceedingly nervous about my confident predictions, good lord. Fortunately it all worked out except for the “quite convincingly” part.

I know this is definitely irrelevant now that you’re done recording, but I might as well keep giving minigame tips. The secret to Shock, Drop or Roll is just jumping constantly. You stay on top of the barrel forever. The golden mushroom in Grab Bag is worth three points, so it absolutely made the difference between the two of you. If you time it right you can jump over the shell in Bowl Over, and in Destruction Duet there are multiple types of Bowser statues, some easier to get on top of than others. You can actually just walk around in Destruction Duet and attack the other team’s statue, or the other team.

That was too exciting, my heart can’t take it. Happy birthday, Michael.

1 Like

We need a comment in life for when everything seems to do a 180 on you, good or bad, that’s just called getting Mario Party’d.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be Chance Time?

4 Likes

You’re right. We clearly need the sound clip “Chance Time” whenever something good or bad happens and you start freaking out until the results.

1 Like

Well. Here it is. Everyone was waiting (?) for it. It’s time for the Mini-Game Coaster. And as I said, there was no voting for this episode. Why that is should become apparent very quickly. Either way, I hope you enjoy watching us in this.

Next time things get a little scary as we do another board that we actually really enjoy.

1 Like

Calli to Michael: I don’t know, like, being with you kind of fulfilled my life.
Me to me: Wow, I’m dead.
Calli three seconds later: Going to Disney was really my big dream.
Me to me: That’s even better.

I’m proud of you both for trying. I guess it’s harder than it looks. I find with Slot Car Derby there’s a tiny bit of a rhythm to how I flick the control stick. With Sneak ‘n’ Snore I noticed after recording that video that the chain chomp pretty much always wakes up after two cycles of the bubble moving, which makes it much easier to respond to.

Bumper Balls is actually a really bad minigame to start off with, considering it’s one of the most impossible to win minigames across the first three Mario Parties. The fun thing about the minigame coaster is that it gives you different versions of a bunch of the games based on what difficulty you choose. Slot Car Derby, Roll Call, Destruction Duet, Bumper Balls, etc. For reference, Mecha Marathon, Abandon Ship, Honeycomb Havoc, Skateboard Scamper, and Sneak ‘n’ Snore, are all in the final two worlds of the coaster that you only get on the hard course, get hard computers fighting you, and need almost frame-perfect precision half the time to win at. When you beat the normal course you get to buy Item Minigames and when you beat the hard course you get to stop playing Mario Party 2. Or buy Battle Minigames.

I also have never gotten to do really good laser tag, because I got kind of traumatised by it the first I went to it as a child, never did it again, and now I have no friends locally. I was like five, was at some older person’s birthday party, went into the laser tag area, it was dark and strobe light-y, there was loud music blaring and people running around and I wanted to go home. I didn’t do it again until I was about 20, which was fun, but I don’t think we had enough people or time to make a good game out of it.

Oh and Michael, I was watching another Let’s Play and I found this fun birthday cake for you for earlier:

1 Like

Aww, Thank you so much for the cake. Hopefully we will be able to do better at minigames in the future.

It feels like forever since there was an update for some reason. But is everyone ready to go on a scary adventure? This might be my favourite board of the game thus far. I really like the day and night gimmick, and how there are different things available at different times. It works really well here and makes it a lot of fun. We are still having fun. Also, one more genuine shout out to Circlmastr for helping me with the video corruption. This time we didn’t lose any footage. But I would have had to rerecord the episode if he didn’t help me. And we really didn’t want to do that.

This also means that it is time for voting! It’s been a little while since we’ve done that at least. With only 2 boards left there is still opportunity for a lot of tied first places or a sudden pull ahead. Make sure to get in who you think wins this one.

Leave Michael’s kidney and boob alone, they are innocent.

Horror Land is the best Mario Party 2 map. It could very well be the best Mario Party map overall. It’s such a good map that they took the central hook and made it the gimmick of an entire Mario Party later down the line. Day and night each have different events with benefits (Boos), the players can choose to change day and night without having to hope they get the right roll, the board has a bunch of split pathways and no unrewarding, long outer track, happening spaces never move you to another space against your will, and while they do lock off certain paths for a turn or two, the Mr. I warp points mean that getting around the map is actually really fast. More subtle good things are how balanced the space distribution is in general, how there’s a Chance Time space very readily accessible without needing a key, and that the duel minigame is a genuinely tricky skill challenge.

The simple way to follow Whomps in the first two games is that they always block the last path someone walked down, capitalising on that pathway’s popularity to make some extra cash. In the Japanese version they still want ten coins, which is more than a little bit ridiculous when bank and Koopa Star spaces already exist.

If you can both keep up with the pace I think one board per week would be cool, as long as it was still split across two videos so everyone can still guess the winner.

Having played a couple of games on Horror Land recently to grind out the final couple of minigames to unlock the minigame coaster on my current copy of the game I already have a feeling for how much C H A N C E T I M E can happen. Right now it seems like Calli has a good claim to all three bonus stars, but apparently the party gods want Mario to get a massive boost up. If Calli can get to a regular Boo she’ll finally be able to steal one, but that’s assuming nobody else steals her coins back, or lands on a battle space, or Bowser Communism, or Chance Time itself. Considering how panic-inducingly close Mystery Land got, I’m guessing all of those will happen multiple times, but the board can’t impact minigames, so Calli will get the minigame star, her coin total will hold so she’ll get the coin star, and then she’ll tie with one of the CPUs for the happening star. Which will total out to…probably Mario winning because he finds another hidden block star. It is his party, after all.

Also, hey: you two are precious humans. Keep having fun.

1 Like

I’m voting Calli. Even with Mario’s dumb luck getting that hidden block, Calli’s got a good lead. Now if she could get a nighttime Boo again, that would be overkill.

1 Like

Is it finally Calli’s time!?

1 Like

I also vote for Calli. Dang, what a strong start!

1 Like

Lots of love for Calli this time around. Also, I’ve been meaning to post this for a while. Teddy in baby mode.

5 Likes

Oh my god, Teddy is so precious. His face reminds me of one of my dogs!