Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

I’m voting Wario this time, and I’m doing it entirely on the strength of that one turn. I know there’s still a lot of game left, but that was such a powerful move.

Whatever you feel is vote worthy is fine. I certainly don’t expect votes for me after all the coins I lost.

Michael: Do you want to turn explanations back on?
Calli: No, I just want you to be a better husband!

I remember playing a game on Space Land where nobody could actually get any money between Bowser spaces and the coin beam. Even the goomba wouldn’t allow us to play battle games because everyone was too poor.

In theory Space Land is a nicely balanced map. The happening spaces push players to the top-left and bottom-right corners and you can pay off the cops to push players to the bottom-left and top-right instead. Between that and the multiple avenues into and away from the centre of the board it seems like it should let players move around pretty easily, but it almost never really works out in a satisfying way for some reason.

Now that you’ve already recorded it and it’s completely useless information to the two of you, you can hit the B button to bring the hammer down in the item game when you’re at the height you want.

Despite that play by Wario, I’m thinking nobody will match Yoshi’s early coin total, Luigi will sneak in for the minigame star, and while Wario will get the happening star, he’ll tie with Peach, who will get upset at being pushed away. Yoshi will use the key to get to Boo and steal a star from Wario and win the game. And then everyone will put down Mario Party 2 and play Mario Party 4.

1 Like

For a moment I wanted to say that Space Land seems to consistently be The Worst, but then I remembered that Mystery Land exists.
I’m voting for Michael, because Wario’s lead doesn’t seem to be unreachable. That being said, this is still Space Land so I could be wrong and you could be dunked on again.

I’m voting for Calli because I want that payoff. I’ll DM my Paypal information at my convenience.

1 Like

This is a very painful board. And I’m actually surprised by the results. But this is it. Then end of the hard computer, and maybe the mini game screen being gone as well? We’ll see what we decide. Either way, we want this to be fun… and it hasn’t really. So lets make Mario Party fun again.

Next time we take on a mystery.

1 Like

Yeah, Teddy, can we not spur on Mommy like that, though? Can we do it silently?

– Calli, Turn 16

I ever mention the time I played a 35-turn Horror Land game on netplay that desynced like two turns in and still won both games? It was a wild ride.

I’m pretty sure the koopas predict a random winner, but when Whomp shows up he always predicts Mario, no matter how he’s doing or if he’s even playing the game. And on Bowser Land, Bowser always predicts the player in last place to lose.

Getting pushed around in the last five turns on Space Land when you only have one duel game per board also makes the board incredibly exhausting. Like I said, in theory it flows well but it’s just kind of one of the most tiresome maps. The duel game actually does play kind of like Price Is Right while it’s counting up to the time limit, though. If you suspect it hasn’t reached the limit and the other person pulls the trigger (or, pushes the plunger, if you will) then you don’t need to keep counting, you can immediately push your plunger and feel confident that yours is closer. From the sound of it, every six ticking sounds was one second of the timer, so it would be pretty easy to get on the mark if you practiced a little anyway. Also at least Calli didn’t get targeted by the computers in Chance Time, which I’m pretty sure is a first in these videos.

The bumper balloon cars are tank controls: move forward and backwards or turn on the spot, no in-between. It never feels natural, so don’t feel bad for not getting it. And while I’m talking about weird controls, there’s actually a relatively consistent method behind the control of Dizzy Dancing, but it winds up not being worth trying to work it out following that method when you can just rotate the stick once and pick the direction that goes towards the middle.

Good luck in Wario’s Battle Canyon 2, I’m sure it went about as well for you as the original incarnation. Now I need to record a little video for this thread about Slot Car Derby that I forgot to last week.

1 Like

Don’t forget to use these hot Evo strats to beat all your friends at Slot Car Derby:

2 Likes

i feel like we need to put all the qoutes in one post for future reference.

Wario wins the moral victory.

Dang, that certainly was some Mario Party. I remembered Space Land being generally annoying, but I completely forgot just how many duels you can get into if you’re unlucky/lucky.

3 Likes

I feel like I just watched something completely taboo. Like all of lifes secrets have just been shown to me and I don’t know what to do with the last decade 19 years of my existence. We’re actually not done with Mario Party 2 yet. But I’m wondering if we’d be able to pull that off.

Oh, no, that feeling will come when I show you when you’re done with Mario Party 2 how I solved Toad in the Box. Which is also why I don’t really play Mario Party seriously anymore.

1 Like

witchcraft…omg im so using this. also a wild adorable frozentreasure has appeared! huggles so adorable!

You can have all these for free, but I’m not giving up my ultimate Mario Party 1 strategy for anything.

2 Likes

9/10 best video ever. Would give full score for face appearance but feet and adorableness adds to your score. This is super helpful though. I’m sure I’ll forget everything you said while we record today so yay.

We used all the tips you gave us @frozentreasure when recording the rest of Mario Party 2. I hope we do you proud.

1 Like

Who here is ready for some Mario Party? We’re gonna be playing Wario’s Battle Canyon Mystery Land and the rules have finally changed. The days of the no good cheating hard computer have passed, as well as the seething hatred we have for the game. The rest of the game was recorded in one fell swoop and I can’t wait for everyone to see the conclusion.

This also means that it’s time to vote who will win. Will it be Michael, Calli, the Normal CPU, or the Easy CPU?

I gotta say, even on normal the computer feels tough to beat. I’m not sure what it is about the difficulty in this game.

I have no idea who could get the next star, so I’m gonna say Michael’s gonna take it with his coin lead, especially if he passes a Boo again. I know this is Mystery Land and Mystery Land is the worst, but factoring in Mario Party happening is a very complex process.

1 Like

I’m calling Calli because it’s been my observation that if you give her an inch, she’ll take a mile (In a good way.). She’s been losing because she’s been having her knuckles slapped with the ruler this whole time and hasn’t been able to gain any ground.

1 Like

“So I could steal a star from you-”
“I could punch you in the kidney.”

[Calli uses extreme skill to find a star in a box]
Gasp! You get to keep your kidney.”

I mean I should have clarified that “hit the button when you see Chain Chomp” is still incredibly difficult and a vague target at the fastest speed that I only was able to identify because it’s the most distinct colour of the four. That’s why I was super pleased to get it first try. Also I guarantee that Mecha Marathon attempt would have just outdone a hard CPU. And I’m pretty sure the only minigame to reward everyone at the end in this one is Bombs Away, which was also about survival in the first one. Future games are much better about giving coins to everyone when the timer runs out.

So while it is Wario’s Battle Canyon, it’s undoubtedly a much better map for quality of life purposes, even though it’s a bit of a “one step forward, one step backward” deal. You don’t get dumped on a random space on each new island but you might accidentally go to the next island because you landed on a happening space. You can buy a key to deliberately get out of the top-right and bottom-left zones and hitch a ride on the bob-ombs that are inexplicably aliens but there’s also a random chance you can go to Hell. I think it gets overlooked a lot more than it should, it’s more playable than many of the other boards because of how few spaces you need to traverse to get to other locations, plus your progress isn’t totally reset when you land on a happening space.

Michael won’t steal from Calli, but he will steal from one of the CPUs, who will get a star space next to them at some point. Calli will buy another star and probably also steal coins from Michael, nobody will hit a battle space, Michael will get the minigame and coin stars, but Luigi will get the happening star, since Michael and Calli are using keys and aliens to move around. Michael’s comment about the normal CPU is a red herring and actually relevant in one of the other two boards they recorded, and he will take the win quite convincingly.

Oh, and: thanks!

1 Like