Let's All Write Short Fiction! Now with new, disastrous prompts

All the trees turned to stone

Oh wow, I feel silly that I didnā€™t notice this thread before. At least now I have enough reading for the next few lunch hours of next week. :slight_smile:

Hit me up with an apocalypse please, might as well try to exercise the writing muscles.

The Earth has released giant monster as vengeance for mankindā€™s despoiling of the environment

@Drexer

With PAX East and working on my LP eating up a bit of my free time, I probably wonā€™t be able to get this one by March 12th. Gonna try though!

Feel free to take your time and submit it later than that if you want. Donā€™t stress over it, at least.

I donā€™t know if I will be posting a story this timeā€¦ just canā€™t figure out anything that Iā€™m happy with.

Anyway friends, the time for a new prompt approaches (Monday)! So if you have any ideas for a theme, nowā€™s a good time to share :smiley:

1 Like

The onion made my shitty story canon.

2 Likes

oops im a bit late for the apocalypse story, but I guess Iā€™m just in time for whatever the next oneā€™s gonna be!

Iā€™d rather get used to writing stories before i start coming up with themes, so I will patiently wait for one to be announced. :allears:

im late in my own thread. and seeing as nobody has submitted anything, or suggested a new theme, iā€™ll keep the apocalypse going for another week!

@CandySpider you can have an apocolypse where nobody knows how the world ended, but now only robots remain.

1 Like

New theme idea: whatā€™s in the box that your grandfather gave you?

2 Likes

Theme idea: no telling who youā€™ll meet and what youā€™ll find at the local diner.

i like both of those a lot as individual prompts but iā€™m having a hard time thinking about how a series of prompts could come from them

maybe iā€™ll just go for open prompts for next round. just whatever people feel like coming up with! phrases, poems, concepts, picturesā€¦ hm hmmm

Anyone still alive?

I am trapped in exam hell

I donā€™t know where else to post this so here goes.

I just finished the first draft of the book Iā€™ve been working on for God knows how long.

3 Likes

EVERYONE GET BACK IN HERE BECAUSE ITā€™S TIME to spend an entire month crying into our keyboards FOR NANOWRIMO.

Oh yeah, thatā€™s right, letā€™s all write 50k words in 720 hours. (Thatā€™s 69 (nice ) words an hour.)

Need some prompts? Iā€™m handing them out! Cā€™mon folks! Misery loves company!

My NaNoWriMo is going to be absolute garbage but I donā€™t care!
Watch Itā€™s progress if you want.

Iā€™ll take a prompt, though I donā€™t know if Iā€™m still remotely good at writing or if Iā€™ll find the time.

Your prompt: Two siblings go on a camping trip together and discover a strange artifact that allows them to see the pasts of other people.

Alright, I got started on mine, if anybody wants to watch that as well when I have free moments: here

Hi, hello there, I like writing things. How did everyoneā€™s NaNo go? Quite well myself. Finished with a mix of a novel, a novella, and a pair of short stories, because Iā€™m a rebel like that. Any chance of this prompt-giving and story-sharing continuing? It looks like I missed all the fun, and what better time to try and strike something back up but the new year? Well, close enough to the new year.