I'm desperately trying to be cool while saving the Planet in FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE

There is something sort of jarring about the characters going full Advent Children in all of the combat cutscenes and then back to the much less dynamic regular combat. At least in Advent Children they had the excuse that everyone was like level 90 and were the greatest warriors in human history.

re: romance mechanics – the original game did actually have them! with a hidden points system and everything. It didn’t come up very much but there is a date scene midway through the game that’s dictated by romance points and then whether or not cloud and tifa fuck before the final dungeon is based on that too

This is an utterly fantastic lp thus far.

I’m a big fan of this entire section of the game. It’s the first part of the game where you get a full dungeon to play around with a full party of 3 people, enemies and combat are starting to get a little more complex, the boss fight is cool, and there’s a lot of little character building moments peppered throughout. I don’t see a lot of people bring this section up much when talking about the game and I think it’s a bit underappreciated.

Episode 9: Good Boy.Cut Commentary
2 Likes

My love for Barrett grows with each episode. What a good grumpy-exuberant dad. Just 12/10, would go on a bickering-filled grocery shopping rampage with any old time.

I feel like Barret is that upset about Stamp because Stamp is Marlene’s favorite cartoon. If he doesn’t have corporate propaganda on at least once a day his daughter gets upset.

It is really impressive how they made the train tunnels an actual section. It was clearly a transitional section in the original, and still managed to be a bit dull even considering that. And of course, Crab Warden didn’t exist in that version. A clear improvement for Remake.

1 Like

The next update will be in a few days, I ended up not being able to work on any audio editing because this past week has been kinda crazy for me.

Will Hextra Life be uploaded? I only watched a few chunks of it because I needed to watch movies before they left Netflix.

Yeah, Hextra Life 2020 is up on VoidBurger’s channel.

1 Like

Episode 10: Orb AnxietyCut Commentary
3 Likes

As someone with a major fear of heights, as the camera panned down while Cloud climbed down that ladder I had a reaction similar to Barrett’s.

At least until you turned the camera down and you could see the very 2D houses below and it broke the illusion.

The added detail to all the infrastructure is blowing my mind. I thought the set-up of Midgar was incredible back in the day and seeing it even further fleshed out rules.

The boss fight and music associated with it in this chapter are so, so good. There’s also a big Gundam homage in this chapter that completely went over my head, but I’m glad Ironicus caught it basically right away.

Episode 11: The Big BoyCut Commentary
3 Likes

Weird that Midgar has a Sonic the Hedgehog level in it now, but here we are.

Episode 12: Shiny ChogCut Commentary
4 Likes

Alright, the best girl is here

I think of all the times I played classic ff7 I only ever correctly did the barrel mini game like once. The depth perception on that screen was just awful.

Merry christmas, ah ah ah

pictured here artists impression of the angel of the slums

grimlock

I really should finish the game before watching this LP… or I could watch another chip cheezum LP. Decisions decisions…

I wonder who did dancing better: this game or the Yakuza series?

thingken bout thos beans