I promise there's no sans in this game. Let's Play Underhero

The lower levels of the volcano are pretty much the same as what we saw up above. I haven’t got much to say about this one. On reflection, maybe I should have tried parrying the Volcanoids’ attacks. Oh well. Next time, El Salserissimo.

Part 18: The Crater Polsy Youtube

1 Like

So here we are at last. The bottom of the volcano, and the gigantic El Salserissimo. By this time, we’re strong enough that there’s not much challenge to it, and the game even supplies us with plenty of extra potions. Still, I have this nagging feeling that we’ve forgotten something…

Part 19: El Salserissimo Polsy Youtube

1 Like

if puzzleman pulled us into the puzzle dimension before we got on the lift with the technophobe, and they weren’t there in the puzzle dimension with us, does that mean they conquered their fear of tech in order to live by riding that lift by themselves? congratulations chief’s son, you did the thing!

World 3 was a low point for the game in several respects. However, we’re done with Mr. Stitches’ quest, and Elizabeth says we’re ready to fight him. Of course, it’s not going to be as easy as marching back into his room, and it’s definitely not going to be as easy as teleporting in. In fact, we’re going to take a bit of a detour before we get there, and this is when things really start to get weird. Strap in, everyone.

Part 20: Undercastle Polsy Youtube

1 Like

T. Bur’s lab is a big complex of platforming, lasers, and exposition. There are some tricky enemies, water level manipulation, and lots of logs that will explain what’s been going on in this world, little by little. There’s a lot of all of that, so this is only the first part of the lab.

Part 21: The Flooded Lab Polsy Youtube

I don’t think there’s much to the lab that we haven’t already seen in terms of game mechanics. It’s more raising and lowering water levels, fighting the same enemies, and dodging (or just getting hit by) lasers. The part you’re here for is more insight into the mind of T. Bur, so here you go.

Part 22: Bal Dedoolf Eht Polsy Youtube

1 Like

We’ve come a long way, and we’ve encountered a lot of very weird things. In this hidden lab, we’ve learned that T. Bur was responsible for most of them in some way or another. But in the deepest depths of the lab, we’re going to encounter some even bigger plot bombshells that will tear our understanding of the world, and our party, apart. Which could be a problem, because Elizabeth IV isn’t just our constant companion and guide… she’s also our weapon.

Part 23: T. Bur Polsy Youtube

1 Like

I think everyone’s had long enough to recover from the last video. This time, we’re taking it pretty slow. Before we can advance to Heroes Road and Mr. Stitches, we need to recruit the first two bosses that we fought to help us. Neither seemed particularly keen to talk to us last time we met, but we’ve found King Timothy and, while we don’t really have anything of immediate apparent interest to Baron Gregory, we know a lot more about his situation that we might be able to leverage. There should be no threats in our way, since we’ve cleared the world of enemies, so let’s get to it!

Part 24: Reunions Polsy Youtube

1 Like

We’re finally ready to tackle Heroes Road! We’ve got at least two bosses on our side, we’ve gained a lot of strength, and we’ve bought all of the available upgrades. We’re ready to defeat anything that stands in our way. So… is it time for a moral quandary?

Part 25: Heroes Road, First Floor Polsy Youtube

1 Like

The odd thing about Heroes Road is that, while it revisits challenges from the worlds we completed earlier, the floor based on the underwhelming world 3 is actually pretty neat. This is not that floor. This floor manages to capture some of the least interesting parts from world 2, in my opinion. There is something pretty neat at the midpoint, at least.

Part 26: Heroes Road, Second Floor Polsy Youtube

1 Like

News flash! I am bad at solving puzzles! But this is a floor with very good puzzles and one puzzle that seems to be a little broken. And then it’s the end of Heroes Road! We get to see some old friends again! Next time: Mr. Stitches! And maybe fewer exclamation marks! Maybe more!

Part 27: Heroes Road, Third Floor Polsy Youtube

We’ve come a very long way. We’ve fought a lot of monsters and grown stronger. We’ve defeated the bosses and then invited them to help us. We’ve uncovered the secrets behind T. Bur’s work and the Hero Cycle. It’s finally time to fight Stitches and save the world.

Part 28: Mr. Stitches Polsy Youtube

Here it is - the end of Underhero. Right at the end, the game introduces a new dimension, in more ways than one, and we get to take the fight to the real mastermind behind everything that’s been going on. The outcome of this battle will change everything.

Final Part: Puzzle Dimension Polsy Youtube

There will almost certainly be a significant break before I post the bonus videos, because I spent the past three weekends playing Control instead of recording a second playthrough of this game. I beat it, so I should have the time to get back to this, but it’ll be a while before I can get all the footage I need and edit it into something watchable. Until then, thanks for joining me on this journey, and I’ll see you again soon.

1 Like

Thanks for bearing with me through the hiatus, everyone. It’s been a very weird month. I had to endure two separate stretches of three or more days with no sleep at all thanks to some complications with medicine, and I had to take a certification exam right in the middle of one of those stretches. I passed, only to discover a few weeks later that I don’t actually need that certification at all. Now it’s getting cold and starting to snow, which is only going to mess with me even more. It’s enough to make you want to kill… everyone. Welcome to the Underhero Halloween special.

Bonus: Kill Everything Edition Polsy Youtube

The pacifist run is also well underway behind the scenes, so I’m hoping the gaps won’t be as long for the rest of the LP.

1 Like

At last, the journey of pacifism begins. The first chapter isn’t too difficult, since it’s already geared toward a low-level character, but when it comes to the ones we have to fight, the lack of attack power starts to show. Fortunately, we do still get some experience for bribing enemies, so we don’t have to struggle through with a level 1 character. And it’s a small cost for making so many new friends.

Part 1: The Language of Money Polsy Youtube

1 Like

We’re moving on to World 2, and I don’t think most of these enemies should count, because they’re already dead. Heck, some of them even want to be defeated. Sorry, friends, but that’s not happening during this playthrough.

Part 2: Yes, we’re letting the ghosts live. Don’t ask how. Polsy Youtube

1 Like

Happy new year, everyone for whom a new year has begun since the last update! My holidays are over, so it’s time to get back into the swing of things by not swinging at enemies. Unfortunately, there are only about four enemies in the last half of chapter 2 that I can avoid swinging at, but I’ll do it!

Part 3: I hate zombie moles Polsy Youtube

1 Like

Chapter 3 starts with a succession of mandatory fights, and I’m clearly badly out of practice with fighting. Then there’s a maze, and I’m out of practice with navigation. Then there’s a volcano, and given that it’s late winter, I’m out of practice with warmth. So it’s a real debacle of a chapter, but hey, there are lots of enemies looking for lots of money!

Part 4: Insulting Swordfighting Polsy Youtube

1 Like

I’m close to the end, again, and things are slowing down in many ways. Sorry about that. On the bright side, they just released a patch for the PC version that fixes the disappearing monitor bug, so I can go back into world 4 and finally read all of the messages that I missed. That happened after I did the commentary, though, so my hopes of anything interesting happening in this video have been dashed. Frankly, this screenshot is the only part of the video worth seeing. I’ll capture the new footage, toss it in the part 6 video, and hopefully have this wrapped up by the end of the month.

Part 5: Robots Don’t Count Polsy Youtube

1 Like

And that’s a wrap! We’ve got a bunch of Masked Kids to bribe, and the last few Itormon messages to check out. At the end of it all, how badly positioned will I be for the final battles? Don’t worry, I won’t make anyone sit through that again. Maybe ending it here is anticlimactic, but in a way, isn’t that the perfect ending for this game? Could not fighting Stitches at all be the true, proper ending? Well, no, there’s just no point this far into the LP.

Part 6: We could have funded a year’s worth of Taco Tuesdays for this Polsy Youtube

1 Like