EVERYONE IS DEAD! Smash Ultimate: 100% Spirits

People say Villager is terrifying in Smash, but I dunno. That’s not one of their alts, so they’re pretty tame.

Given Merric is usually referred to as a wind mage, wielding Excalibur and all, I would have figured he’d focus on neutral jabs or up specials. Then again, having done the Robin achievement, I’m well aware that Flurry can’t kill for shit so it’d make this an easy fight.

robin was using his wind attack in that spirit fight you just didn’t see it much cause david was pretty good at keeping the cpu robin on the ropes

I know he can, but certain Spirits prioritize very specific moves, but the Merric spirit just had a general “favors special moves.”

Also I wanted an excuse to complain about that Robin achievement, because it was weirdly annoying.

[DELETED POST]

I have been two Octoroks away from a (mostly) complete set of spirits for the past week or so. Before it was two Octoroks and a Leo, but the recent event fixed that.

Jeff took me far too long to get. I waited until I got Mii Swordfighter and spammed the up special where you leap up and slam the ground. Jeff’s is rude.

I never knew about the liquid part of the Biometal, but it’s worth noting that the Mega Men that appear in the Model X spirit battle are based on 4 of the biometals you get in the game, who themselves are based on characters that appear in the Zero series. Though I think one (the red and white one that starts with a sword,) is based on Zero instead of Phantom, the rest are probably based on the other Guardians, given the color schemes used for them.

Okay just to make it official, this LP is on hiatus until I beat (or at least make decent progress through) Kingdom Hearts III: I Attack the Darkness! Kingdom Hearts III

If I focus on one LP project at a time, it’ll be easier for me to get things done!

And just like that, we’re back to the beginning with a new and improved Smash LP. This time, I’m not just going to 100% the campaign: I’m going above and beyond!

1 Like

I can’t believe Galeem destroyed the universe a second time. At least that means that Slime gets a chance to save the day.

The editing on this is really good, though, and I can see why you’d start over for that and the spirit gimmick. Slime has also reminded me that I’ve not actually played Smash Ultimate since before Hero was released. I should probably get back into it, but… motions to Three Houses.

1 Like

My flatmate has taken their copy of Three Houses while he dog-sits, so I am currentlty bereft of it. Pray for me.

1 Like

Alas I never found the opportunity to make a joke about a “Luigi Board”.

Damn it, I narrowly missed the window to add this into the episode.

1 Like

Man, all of the little details for the spirit battles are really cool.

Also, Sans in Smash. What even is anything anymore.

Back to the campaign! Let’s head to the… west? Sure, why not?

Personally, I don’t think there’s enough FE in Smash. Add Edelgard you cowards.

Pikmin getting ludicrous boosts from Spirits is certainly helpful for breaking this mode. I don’t think I could have done a certain challenge Coughduckhuntcough without 'em.

1 Like

fassads a piece of shit so him being repped by warios kinda perfect

1 Like

Dipping our toes into the Spirit Board once again, as it’s time to expand our roster!

Taking Sigurd out with a fire hammer was pretty much the most fitting way to do it.

Also, “I’m not losing to Claus” is a statement that I doubt will hold up in later spirit battles.

As we blitz through the world with our brand new cyborg ninja, a couple of trends start to emerge.

Raiden Spirit is a really good pick for Marth. I think I was pretty lucky when I played and got Lyn on the spirit board early on, so she ended up being the Attack spirit I used for most of the game, if not all of it.

Mega Man Legends is indeed good, even if a little clunky. It’s certainly got enough personality to make it worthwhile.

Powering through more of the Spirit Board. Eventually we’ll get through all of the exclusives!

1 Like