EVERYONE IS DEAD! Smash Ultimate: 100% Spirits

Released in late 2018, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the fifth entry in the Super Smash Bros. Series: a huge crossover fighting game that started as a Nintendo exclusive, but later branched out to multiple third party developers. Ultimate aims to contain as much content from the previous four games as possible along with a flood of new content. Given how much hype surrounds this game, with character reveal trailers and the like, I’d be truly surprised if you haven’t heard of it in some capacity.

That said, Ultimate’s most interesting feature is a World of Light: a story mode which offers a similar story to Brawl’s Subspace Emissary campaign, but is instead built around the Event Matches from previous installments. This story gives us a chance to look at and play with a ton of obscure character from Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Namco, Monolith, Square, Atlas, SNK and maybe even more in future!

This is my second crack at this LP and I’ll be beating 100% of this game, so get ready for a long one! Boldened titles represent videos of the main campaign if you just wanna watch those.

Videos

Part 1: Kirby Super Slime
Part 2: Hatsune Monkey
Part 3: Chonky Chespin
Part 4: Friends, Followers & Fusions
Part 5: Fire & Slime
Part 6: “Perfect” Swordplay
Trap 7: Yelhsa: The Girl Next Rood
Part 8: Virtual Boys
Part 9: Dream Teams
Part 10: Goku Confirmed
Part 11: Final Boss Beatdown
Part 12: Smashing in September
Part 13: It’s No Use
Part 14: Enemy Persona Users - DLC
Part 15: Heaven & Earth
Part 16: Two Bob-ombs [!]
Part 17: Proving Loyalty
Part 18: Take Two
Part 19: To The Races
Part 20: Bash The Fash
Part 21: Talk Shit, Get Fit
Part 22: Spirit Quest - DLC
Part 23: The Worst Battle
Part 24: Sharft
Part 25: The Wily War
Part 26: CluCluCluCluClu Land
Part 27: Nature & Industry
Part 28: The Tetris Episode
Part 29: Shine Get!
Part 30: Gordo Hell
Part 31: Banana Slamma
Part 32: A Fiery Throne
Part 33: Pocket Biohazards
Part 34: Ascending to Heaven
Part 35: Too Bad, Waluigi Time!
Part 36: GALEEM - FINALE?

Part 37: Bear & Bird - DLC
Part 38: Smash Milk
Part 39: Spirits Revisited
Part 40: Countered Dorf
Part 41: Uncontrollably Flarst
Part 42: Steampunk Western
Part 43: Messed Up Gear Solid
Part 44: A Miserable Little Pile of Spirits!
Part 45: Of Wolves & Hogs
Part 46: Quiz Time!
Part 47: Any Objections, Lady?
Part 48: New Japan Project - DLC
Part 49: Playing Both Sides
Part 50: Two Steps Back
Part 51: A Spire of Flame - FINALE

Part 52: Clearing Challenges
Part 53: Three Houses & Two ARMs - DLC
Part 54: Octocraft Fantasy VII - DLC
Part 55: Back to Basics
Part 56: Timeless Classics
Part 57: Self Indulgence
Part 58: The Power of the Aegis - DLC
Part 59: The Mishima Bloodline - DLC
Part 60: Complicated & Messy - DLC FINALE

Thread Rules

• Don’t be a jerk: racism, homophoba, transphobia and other such nonsense is not okay.

• No Spoilers unless Smash itself has done it already. (Spoiler Warning for every game ever.)

• Stop spamming PK Fire you bastard Ness players.

Patreon

Here’s my Patreon! My capture device was pricey. My landlord doesn’t consider it a wise investment:

Online Battles & Post 13.0.0 Spirits

Getting Pyra & Mythra Into Elite Smash

Pokeymans 25th Anniversary Tournament

Business Kazuyal For Elite Smash

The Forbidden Spell of Zahras - Fire Emblem: Streamed Houses Ep. 20?

Super Snap Bros: True Grit Triumphs

And The Rest…

forever doomed to mess with sphere grids aren’t you :grin:

seriously though first spirit i got was baby rosalinas default car from mk8

1 Like

[DELETED POST]

Henry Fleming is the main protagonist of a novel called The Red Badge of Courage which was originally written by American author Stephen Crane in 1894 why is he in smash you may be wondering? He appeared in a game called Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Think of it as Valkyria Chronicles crossed with the league of extrodinary gentlemen in which abe lincoln brings together a team of literary characters to fight invading aliens.

congrats on beating the fiora wall as i call it there were two perticular spirits that caused issues for me early game she was the first one

1 Like

Morally speaking, I will never pair Roy with Lilina, in that I will pair Eliwood and Hector no matter what Blazing Blade tells me to do.

Link’s bombs in this game are really intimidating. Even though the AI doesn’t utilize them that well, the moment they come out, the battle becomes a game of keep away. The amount of control they have over a battle is impressive considering they added exactly one new aspect to the move.

1 Like

[DELETED POST]

i think its kapp’n from animal crossing that needed for the boat it leads you to the aforementioned streetfighter map which is one of my fave maps in wol

i kinda wanna see that gyroid face now color me curious

the fire emblem tunes in ultimate are really good

no missed characters this time david described them all pretty good

G O D I S D E A D [I’M NOT DELETING THIS POST]

Face

oh bugger that is terrifying

People say Villager is terrifying in Smash, but I dunno. That’s not one of their alts, so they’re pretty tame.

Given Merric is usually referred to as a wind mage, wielding Excalibur and all, I would have figured he’d focus on neutral jabs or up specials. Then again, having done the Robin achievement, I’m well aware that Flurry can’t kill for shit so it’d make this an easy fight.

robin was using his wind attack in that spirit fight you just didn’t see it much cause david was pretty good at keeping the cpu robin on the ropes

I know he can, but certain Spirits prioritize very specific moves, but the Merric spirit just had a general “favors special moves.”

Also I wanted an excuse to complain about that Robin achievement, because it was weirdly annoying.

[DELETED POST]

I have been two Octoroks away from a (mostly) complete set of spirits for the past week or so. Before it was two Octoroks and a Leo, but the recent event fixed that.

Jeff took me far too long to get. I waited until I got Mii Swordfighter and spammed the up special where you leap up and slam the ground. Jeff’s is rude.

I never knew about the liquid part of the Biometal, but it’s worth noting that the Mega Men that appear in the Model X spirit battle are based on 4 of the biometals you get in the game, who themselves are based on characters that appear in the Zero series. Though I think one (the red and white one that starts with a sword,) is based on Zero instead of Phantom, the rest are probably based on the other Guardians, given the color schemes used for them.

Okay just to make it official, this LP is on hiatus until I beat (or at least make decent progress through) Kingdom Hearts III: I Attack the Darkness! Kingdom Hearts III

If I focus on one LP project at a time, it’ll be easier for me to get things done!

And just like that, we’re back to the beginning with a new and improved Smash LP. This time, I’m not just going to 100% the campaign: I’m going above and beyond!

1 Like

I can’t believe Galeem destroyed the universe a second time. At least that means that Slime gets a chance to save the day.

The editing on this is really good, though, and I can see why you’d start over for that and the spirit gimmick. Slime has also reminded me that I’ve not actually played Smash Ultimate since before Hero was released. I should probably get back into it, but… motions to Three Houses.

1 Like

My flatmate has taken their copy of Three Houses while he dog-sits, so I am currentlty bereft of it. Pray for me.

1 Like

Alas I never found the opportunity to make a joke about a “Luigi Board”.