Double Gears, Double Time, Double... Attack Power, I Guess - Let's Play the Classic Mega Man Games

Part 5: Fight the Knight Man

Knight Man. Is he from England? Germany? He’s probably not from France but I’m not ruling that out yet! No matter where Roll’s going, though, her target is still the same: the armored Knight Man! Though if his fighting style is anything to go by, even a robot might be weighed down a bit too much by that armor.

1 Like

Part 6: Blizzards of the Coast

Hailing from Canada, Blizzard Man is Roll’s next opponent today! Not content in being a C-grade mascot for some skiing supply store, Blizzard Man has all sorts of ice-themed hazards set up to defeat his enemy. Hazards like… explosive platforms, or a big submarine. You know, ice-themed.

1 Like

Part 7: Balancer Act

Well, here’s the other stereotype Robot Master. Ah well.

We also get the Energy Balancer in this episode!

1 Like

Part 8: Jump and Shoot the Flowers

The final Robot Master is Plant Man, and given we’ve fought seven bosses without barriers, there’s a good chance we’ve found this game’s barrier boss. Regardless, Plant Man has set up springs this jungle, and although that’s a strange decision it may have been the smartest one so far.

1 Like

Part 9: Roll-Chan X

All eight robot masters have been defeated… kinda. Three of them were fakes, so Roll has to refight them. Then she can move on, and take on Mr. X’s stronghold. Gotta make sure we have a bird in our pocket before we move on, after all.

1 Like

Part 10: Mr. X Gon’ Give It to Ya’

One stage down, three to go! Today, Roll finishes the fortress stages in order to square off against the mastermind, Mr. X. Surely, this shall be a battle for the ages that will turn this entire series on its head.

1 Like

Part 11: Roll the Bones

No, wait, nevermind. It was actually Wily all along.

1 Like

Part 12: Dr. Wily’s Sixth to Last Stand, Innit

Well, Wily may have had a second castle to impede Roll’s progress, but once again that has proven too little to defeat our main robot. Now, in order to save the world once and for all, Roll must defeat Wily’s biggest robot, as well as the capsule that controls it.

Which might be a challenge, but it turns out it’s very easy to chop down the final boss this time around.

1 Like

Part 1: Wily Wily

It’s been six months since Roll arrested Dr. Wily (and Mega Man took credit for it.) Although the world seemed to be at peace, Dr. Wily’s contingency plan suddenly kicked into gear! Four robots… and also a mini boss, have activated and gone on a rampage throughout some unnamed cities! Mega Man, now returned from space, must once again venture out and stop Dr. Wily’s plan! … The plan in this case mostly being a jail break this time around.

1 Like

Part 2: Burst Your Bubble

The intro stage is complete, so now it’s time for the actual first Robot Master of the game! Now, Burst Man isn’t just about explosions. He’s also into the chemistry behind the explosions. What does most of this stuff Mega Man swims around in actually do? Who knows! But Burst Man must like it if he hangs out here, so good on him!

1 Like

Part 3: Freezy Come, Freezy Go

On today’s episode, I chose Freeze Man as the second boss. Which was a mistake on my end, but I guess he’s out of the way early if nothing else.

1 Like

Part 4: Mega Man Shoots at Cloud

With Freeze Man out of the way, Mega Man is free to pursue other, easier bosses. That’s where Cloud Man comes in! Although he’s fond of his wind gimmicks, Cloud Man is certainly not the toughest wind-based boss. That honor still belongs to Air Man, and his terrible attack pattern.

1 Like

Part 5: Junk, Jive And Wail

It’s the last robot sent to break Wily out of jail, and it seems Mega Man has saved the trash pile for last. That being said, Junk Man is probably the most defensive Robot Master we’ve seen on this journey, as he has copious amounts of garbage to make a shield with. It’s that kind of ingenuity that keeps Junk Man from the junkyard… or in it, I guess. He really works better there.

1 Like

Part 6: Decap Attack

Today: Dr. Wily attacks the Robot Museum to steal his favorite robot. There will be a mini-boss. This whole thing was pretty spontaneous on Wily’s part, so that’s all he’s really got this time around.

1 Like

Part 7: Super Bots and Automatons

And so begins the second round of Robot Masters. Today, we fight a vampire. And a vampire who’s too powerful for Bass to defeat. Truly, this must be the edgiest vampire. Or at the very least he’s a vampire who doesn’t take whatever guff Bass threw at him.

1 Like

Part 8: Turbo Button

We move on to Turbo Man, who has taken a garage for himself to use as a base. He has also enlisted the help of several vehicles of various sizes to take down Mega Man, and none of them are as effective as you would think they would be against a small, humanoid robot.

1 Like

Part 9: The Hop Springs Episodes

Two Robot Masters remain, and this one is… Spring Man. What havoc can Spring Man cause? What is his destructive capacity? The answer to any question you might have about how dangerous Spring Man is can be answered by saying: Wily put him in a bounce house and also has three other, more dangerous, Robot Masters doing things elsewhere.

1 Like

Part 10: Slash and Burn

It’s the final Robot Master, and this is the one who commands a platoon of dinosaurs. Thankfully, none of the robots are particularly dangerous in comparison, but Slash Man is, notably, a jerk.

1 Like

Part 11: Enemy Bass

Bass has revealed his true allegiance and wrecked Dr. Light’s lab. Thankfully, nobody was killed or even really grievously injured. Mostly just inconvenienced. Either way though, it’s time for Mega Man to move on to Wily’s Castle in order to put a stop to the mad scientist’s latest plan, (and maybe be the one to actually put Wily in jail this time.)

1 Like

Part 12: I Can Confidently Say This is Dr. Wily’s Fifth to Last Stand

Most of Wily’s Castle has been cleared, and with Bass out of the way, it should be pretty smooth sailing for the rest of this battle, right? Well, all eight Robot Masters still stand and the way, and as it turns out, Wily has actually built a pretty good Capsule this time around. And by “pretty good,” I mean it will end your entire existence.

1 Like