Colors Flying High - Let's Play Persona 5 Royal

In the words of Travis Touchdown, “Pain in my ass. Why aren’t you dead yet?”

And so ends the journey of John Persona. Was gay, did crime, no matter what Atlus tries to say.

Looking forward to your next thread, just hope that it’s something you enjoy LPing.

Summary

newmascotresized: Even though I’ve already started The Silver Case, I wanted to do this one last thing (I swear I’ll get to the dates someday but they just suck to do). This is the other bad ending for the Maruki arc.

newmascotresized: To get this ending, you have to deny Maruki in January and then not clear his dungeon by February 2nd. It’s also the only part of Maruki’s plot arc that I consider well written… apart from maybe the psych eval puzzle in his dungeon.

newmascotresized: Naturally, I had to borrow some footage for this.

Yusuke: “We couldn’t secure our route to the Treasure in time. To think we’d have this much trouble…”

newmascotresized: To be fair, Maruki’s dungeon sucks.

Makoto: “I’m not entirely certain, but… I wonder if our problem’s that we really can’t deny Dr. Maruki’s reality.”

Haru: “Mako-chan…”

Futaba: “…”

Ryuji: “Hey, don’t be all down like that! C’mon, Akira - say something!”

Ryuji: “Akira…”

Sumire: “…At any rate, tomorrow’s the day, right? We’ll be speaking with Dr. Maruki regardless of the answer.”

MorganaCat: “She’s right. We just have to reach a decision by tomorrow. Let’s call it a day for now.”

Ryuji: “…”

newmascotresized: On this route, the meeting with Maruki on the night of the 2nd never happens.

Marukevil: “In all honesty, I really wanted you to accept my gift of your own free will… but I see that demanding a decision from you is only making you suffer.”

newmascotresized: Wait, is this Maruki being a villain? Holy fuck, we can’t have that! Shut it down! Shut it down now! Our core metrics are fucking plummeting!

newmascotresized: WHERE THE FUCK WAS THIS DURING THE ACTUAL GAME!? FUCK!

newmascotresized: God dammit. They actually did something with this ending that no one will ever see unless they’re actively looking for it, and I hate it. This is why I’m glad I’m now doing a game written by someone who has actual talent.